- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Liao Chou

Liao Chou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I probably won't buy a Defy in the near future (bit gadgeted out atm), so not sure a kitchen is likely, sorry...

P

Sorry to hear that. B)

ascot17

ascot17

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

I probably won't buy a Defy in the near future (bit gadgeted out atm), so not sure a kitchen is likely, sorry...

P

Paul,

Understand that you have a lot on and that a kitchen might be too much to hope for as yet but....

Can we please have a dedicated Defy section on Modaco so that users can share information? I have just got a Defy for a family member and he would love to join the Modaco community..

ATB

HTC One S (Black)
Stock everything.... so far....

Sorensiim

Sorensiim

Grumpy ol' bastard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:LG2X
  • Twitter:@sorensiim

Good job. OMAP 3630? Not 3610? Amazing!

Showed up as "S Flash Omap 3630 Mi" on my screen, I'll grab a screenshot next time I flash it B)

Engadget just published their review of the Defy here: http://www.engadget....la-defy-review/

ADHD is an abbreviation of Attention Deficit H... Oooh, shiney!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,254 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Paul,

Understand that you have a lot on and that a kitchen might be too much to hope for as yet but....

Can we please have a dedicated Defy section on Modaco so that users can share information? I have just got a Defy for a family member and he would love to join the Modaco community..

ATB

Absolutely.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Liao Chou

Liao Chou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Paul,

ATB

Hope for that.

Liao Chou

Liao Chou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Showed up as "S Flash Omap 3630 Mi" on my screen, I'll grab a screenshot next time I flash it B)

Engadget just published their review of the Defy here: http://www.engadget....la-defy-review/

good review.
wait for screenshot

jamoiholland

jamoiholland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, RAZR i, Xperia Ray
  • Twitter:@jamoiholland
I'm 110% interested in this phone, was just disappointed it dropped with 2.1, which is pretty criminal in late 2010. Put that together with Motorola being possibly the worst manufacturer at getting Android OS upgrades out to handsets, and its not a good combo. Unless custom ROM world (I'm 1 small step above noob) can bring us 2.2, and maybe a 2.3 ROM sometime after it lands, in which case I will go straight to the "Buy It Now" button without passing go or collecting £200...

And in reply to the earlier post, I'd definitely stump £10 to go towards a unit for the kitchen!

Sorensiim

Sorensiim

Grumpy ol' bastard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
Just a few bits from me B)

Getting into the bootloader isn't impossible - just a slightly different way of getting there than HTC phones. Hold the volume-down button while powering on the phone. Once you get the Android and warning sign image, tap the bottom right corner of the screen and presto:

Posted Image

Theres been a lot of debate over whether this phone has a 3D chip or not and if it does, which one. Well let me settle that with a screenshot:
Posted Image

There ya go - PowerVR SGX 530

eldave

eldave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:motorola Defy
Hi dkSpook,

Thanx for all these precious informations.

Here is a link with english and french stock Rom:
http://and-developers.com/sbf:defy

Edited by eldave, 21 November 2010 - 02:53 PM.

Liao Chou

Liao Chou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Hi dkSpook,

Thanx for all these precious informations.

Here is a link with english and french stock Rom:
http://and-developers.com/sbf:defy

good
thx

toogoody

toogoody

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi dkSpook, can you please tell me how good is battery life on Defy ?

Liao Chou

Liao Chou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
anyone has sbf for T-mobile DEFY?

Sorensiim

Sorensiim

Grumpy ol' bastard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Hi dkSpook, can you please tell me how good is battery life on Defy ?

With my use - double the battery life of the HTC Desire I had before, despite them having the same screen size and getting the same use. It's quite good, after a days use with wifi banging away at home, auto brightness and auto update always enabled, I still have 50-60% battery left when I crawl to bed some time between 11 and 12 at night B). Your mileage may vary, if anybody knows a good battery benchmark app we have Desire users aplenty here at work, a single Desire HD and a Samsung Galaxy S, I'm sure they'd be happy to help benchmarking. I should bring my camera someday and shoot the entire lineup, the Defy is surprisingly compact! It has the same outer dimensions as my iPod video (5.5gen, rockboxed naturally), yet sports a 3.7" screen just like the Desire/Nexus One.

Sorensiim

Sorensiim

Grumpy ol' bastard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

anyone has sbf for T-mobile DEFY?

The US T-Mobile SBF is reported to be floating around somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. I'd love to try out the wifi calling app, but I suspect it'll only work if you're a US TMO customer.

toogoody

toogoody

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Theres been a lot of debate over whether this phone has a 3D chip or not and if it does, which one. Well let me settle that with a screenshot:

I think this debate is over, PowerVR SGX 530 is listed even on motorola developer site : http://developer.mot.../products/defy/

Sorensiim

Sorensiim

Grumpy ol' bastard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

I think this debate is over, PowerVR SGX 530 is listed even on motorola developer site : http://developer.mot.../products/defy/

Yet they're still listing it as a TI Omap 3610 when I and others have seen it show up as 3630. According to TI, the 3610 doesn't support the PowerVR 530 chip...

Re-flashing my phone right now (man, I really should take notes when I tinker...) and grabbed a screenshot for you guys:
Posted Image

There you go - short of cracking open the phone and physically having a look, I think this is the closest we'll get to proving that it is indeed sporting a 3630 chip.

Edited by dkSpook, 22 November 2010 - 01:45 PM.

toogoody

toogoody

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

With my use - double the battery life of the HTC Desire I had before

Sounds great! I am about to purchase this phone as my first android phone. Having good battery life is more important to me than having custom ROMS.

Sorensiim

Sorensiim

Grumpy ol' bastard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Sounds great! I am about to purchase this phone as my first android phone. Having good battery life is more important to me than having custom ROMS.

Just remember that "good battery life" in the smartphone world is still just two days worth of use B) I remember the Nokia 6XXX series, from just before color displays started showing up. It could do calls and sms, a crappy calendar and sync mails with your PC, that was it. But you got 10-12 days of use on a single charge... Ah, simpler times.

Anybody seen the Puma phone? A touchscreen featurephone where the back is covered in solar cells... Pretty cool actually. Imagine the Defy having a solar cell back so it would constantly charge itself when lying "face down" on your desk. My watch is solar powered (and radio controlled to boot, yay tech!) and not having to worry about batteries is brilliant. Granted, it uses a LOT less power than a smart phone, so the solar cells would only be a supplemental power source for any smartphone, but a most welcome addition nonetheless :)

Liao Chou

Liao Chou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

The US T-Mobile SBF is reported to be floating around somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. I'd love to try out the wifi calling app, but I suspect it'll only work if you're a US TMO customer.

Is it reported on M3?

twon

twon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Android, Linux, motox, snowboarding, mountain biking.
  • Devices:N1, galaxy nexus, xoom wifi
  • Twitter:@twon23
Does any one know if theres are any recovery images available for the Defy like clockwork recovery or anything?

And the answer is NO

Does any one know if its locked down like the droidx ?

Edited by twon, 25 November 2010 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users