fasboot-linux error - writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: image is not a boot image)

Guest Rosz

I reset my SF to it defaults it is not rooted. And I try to use recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img in order to install Paul's r4 ROM but I got this error:

emo@debian-home:~/Android/fastboot$ ./fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img

sending 'recovery' (107 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: image is not a boot image)

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks !

Guest prufrock
I reset my SF to it defaults it is not rooted. And I try to use recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img in order to install Paul's r4 ROM but I got this error:

emo@debian-home:~/Android/fastboot$ ./fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks !

Your phone has got to be rooted to flash roms and clockwork.

Your phone has got to be rooted to flash roms and clockwork.

You mean:

"fastboot-linux flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img" which root the phone ?

Thanks

Guest prufrock
You mean:

"fastboot-linux flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img" which root the phone ?

Thanks

Yep. You need to flash it with the boot img first, then reboot the phone. Then flash the clockwork img after and reboot again. Then use clockwork recovery to install the new rom as update.zip (with the update.zip file on your phone's microsd card).

Edited by prufrock

Yep. You need to flash it with the boot img first, then reboot the phone. Then flash the clockwork img after and reboot again. Then use clockwork recovery to install the new rom as update.zip (with the update.zip file on your phone's microsd card).

emo@debian-home:~/Android/fastboot$ ./fastboot-linux flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img

sending 'boot' (3158 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... OKAY

emo@debian-home:~/Android/fastboot$ ./fastboot-linux reboot

rebooting...

Here I saw that I have the super user icon ( I am rooted)

Then I try again:

:P

Guest prufrock
emo@debian-home:~/Android/fastboot$ ./fastboot-linux flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img

sending 'boot' (3158 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... OKAY

emo@debian-home:~/Android/fastboot$ ./fastboot-linux reboot

rebooting...

Here I saw that I have the super user icon ( I am rooted)

Then I try again:

:P

OK, redownload the clockwork img. Could be corrupted.

OK, redownload the clockwork img. Could be corrupted.

Woww...I cant believe I just did it ...the check sum was wrong ...i use Google Chrome...and it couldn't download the img correct ..firefox did :P

Now I will proceed with the Paul's r4 ROM installation.

Thank you for your assistance !

Guest prufrock
Woww...I cant believe I just did it ...the check sum was wrong ...i use Google Chrome...and it couldn't download the img correct ..firefox did :D

Now I will proceed with the Paul's r4 ROM installation.

Thank you for your assistance !

Glad you got it sorted. :P

Guest prufrock
Done with the ROM...

It is really faster than Orange ROM...cool :P

Now If i can take 1500 mAh battery for my SF...I will be so happy :D

Just wait a couple of days for Froyo, then you'll see just how fast this phone can go! :D

Just wait a couple of days for Froyo, then you'll see just how fast this phone can go! :D

Well even now ,,,is fast enough ...but one thing that makes me worry about this phone is the battery life :P

Guest prufrock
Well even now ,,,is fast enough ...but one thing that makes me worry about this phone is the battery life :P

Battery life is always an issue with smartphones. I have 4 spare batteries for my Galaxy S! (I like to be on the safe side :D )

Hopefully, someone will bring out a replacement battery, or an extended battery for the SF. In the meantime, turn off things when you're not using them. This works on my SGS - when I go to bed on a full charge, with everything off, the battery only drops 2-3% overnight. If I leave wifi and sync on, it can drop by 15-20% overnight...sometimes more, depending on whether I get a lot of emails, etc overnight.

Battery life is always an issue with smartphones. I have 4 spare batteries for my Galaxy S! (I like to be on the safe side :P )

Hopefully, someone will bring out a replacement battery, or an extended battery for the SF. In the meantime, turn off things when you're not using them. This works on my SGS - when I go to bed on a full charge, with everything off, the battery only drops 2-3% overnight. If I leave wifi and sync on, it can drop by 15-20% overnight...sometimes more, depending on whether I get a lot of emails, etc overnight.

I am a fan of 2G ...my phone stays at 2G all the time ..when I need something more ...I just turn it one ..But I still miss my old Nokia E51...4-5 days without chargeing

By the way one stupid question ..in this release ..when I till my phone on the left when I am on the main menu ...the menu stay in normal position and doesn't change

( but when I write message or search the Market...it is working fine..) did I missing something?