ZTE Blade/San Francisco Unofficial Froyo Build

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest abdn-android
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get calendar working? The one thing holding me back from switching..

I tried copying the calendar apks from another froyo rom and it ran a bit longer but still force closed (I really don't have a clue what i'm doing but it seemed worth a try).

To get calender to work you need to do the 'factory data reset' from the 'settings->privacy->factory data reset'. Worked for me and others as posted earlier in this thread.

Guest abdn-android
I had the same thing with the dialer, consumed 83%, but when i unplugged the USB it disappeared and I haven't been able to recreate this.

I wonder if this is a just a bug with misreporting? I report 99% from dialer after turning off all communication (wifi/network data/gps...) and letting it sleep overnight. However my battery is still almost 100%.

Guest abdn-android

Has anyone figured out a way to get the 'normal' icons at lower resolution. Anything 200 or above I get the new icons; anything below 200 gets the normal ones. I don't think this is a Froyo thing... but I'd really like to run a bit lower resolution with the normal icons if anyone has a solution.

Guest southpaw1
Hey, I got the drivers mostly fixed (for Windows 7 64 bit) by using the ones linked in post #155 in this thread. I downloaded then and then I had to edit one thing in the 'android_winusb.inf'. First download those drivers, then:

1. Open 'android_winusb.inf' with notepad

2. Go to the first section with 'Orange San Francisco 2.2'

3. Delete the leading ';' on the two lines (second and third line following 'Orange San Francisco 2.2')

4. Go to the second section with 'Orange San Francisco 2.2'

5. Delete the leading ';' on the three lines (second, third, and fourth line following this 'Orange San Francisco 2.2')

6. Save the file

When prompted for ZTE driver, point to this directory and you should be good (it worked for 3 of the 4 ZTE devices detected and now lets me run ABD).

cheers abdn , will give it a bash later when kids get out this ridiculously noisy house

Guest stephen m
Hi, I changed the density value from 160 to 240, but when I flash it it comes up with an error and states 'aborting installation'. Can anyone talk me through it please. It take it this should resolve the small icon and dialer issues. Also I rooted the phone before but it's not allowing it to run rooted apps?? Thanks

Hi Guys, anyone any thoughts on when I change density from 160 to 240 via notepab it gives me an error message and aborts install. Also wont let me reroot phone as described in this forum so I cannot install any root apps. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks :P

Could someone make a update.zip for the normal resolution please? easier for us noobs, or does the LCD Apps just work?

Edit- Well LCDdensity changed it temporary, it worked at 240, now I gotta get the full one to do it permanently

Edited by Spooke

Guest stephen m
Could someone make a update.zip for the normal resolution please? easier for us noobs, or does the LCD Apps just work?

I certainly cant get the LCD thing to work. So that's a good idea !! :P

Edit- Well LCDdensity changed it temporary, it worked at 240, now I gotta get the full one to do it permanently

This might be a noob-ish theory but can't you just extract the zip you downloaded to a new folder, edit the build.prop file so lcd density is 240, save it, re-zip, and flash that?

As I say it might be just a noob-ish theory, I'm just wondering out loud.

This might be a noob-ish theory but can't you just extract the zip you downloaded to a new folder, edit the build.prop file so lcd density is 240, save it, re-zip, and flash that?

As I say it might be just a noob-ish theory, I'm just wondering out loud.

Yeah I think that works, but I thought it would be easier for a small .zip..

LCDensity for Root works on preview

LCD Density Changer doesnt work at all

heres the build.prop with 240 denisty

So can we just flash this with Clockwork recovery?

Or should I replace your buildprop with the one in my Update.zip of the 2.2 ROM?

Edit- well I replaced your build.prop but it didnt change anything?

Edited by Spooke

Guest stephen m
So can we just flash this with Clockwork recovery?

Or should I replace your buildprop with the one in my Update.zip of the 2.2 ROM?

Edit- well I replaced your build.prop but it didnt change anything?

Yeah. I replaced the build.prop that Ricky kindly supplied, unzipped and zipped and copied it over to my phone via USB onto SD card, flashed via Clocwork recovery but still error message 'aborted install. Why is this please ??

Yeah. I replaced the build.prop that Ricky kindly supplied, unzipped and zipped and copied it over to my phone via USB onto SD card, flashed via Clocwork recovery but still error message 'aborted install. Why is this please ??

The zip you make needs to be signed?, I dunno how to sign it though lol

Guest hero protagonist

I have zipped together a new rom that contains both the lcd fix (240) and the agps fix from earlier in the thread. You can download it from http://rapidshare.com/files/426865519/update2.2.zip I take NO CREDIT for anything, I have just added the two workarounds. Instructions as mentioned eearlier in the thread, full wipe, install then factory reset from the privacy settings to get market, google talk and calender going. If anything goes wrong or your device suddenly catches fire, calls home to china or dissolves into thin air YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Enjoy

I have zipped together a new rom that contains both the lcd fix (240) and the agps fix from earlier in the thread. You can download it from http://rapidshare.com/files/426865519/update2.2.zip I take NO CREDIT for anything, I have just added the two workarounds. Instructions as mentioned eearlier in the thread, full wipe, install then factory reset from the privacy settings to get market, google talk and calender going. If anything goes wrong or your device suddenly catches fire, calls home to china or dissolves into thin air YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Enjoy

kk thanks, downloading now :P :D

Guest stephen m

Enjoy

Downloaded, installed and seems all to be ok. Thanks. Oh will it still be rooted :P

Edited by stephen m

Enjoy

Download limit reached.

send the file over here someone and ill upload it

Ok, I've uploaded the file and PMed the link directly to Stephen, so there should be a stable mirror soon.

For now: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24843810/update2.2.zip (5GB/day limit, file deleted after 7 days with no DLs)

EDIT:

Mirror from Stephen:

http://www.dmpwap.net/update2.2.zip

Edited by k0nrad

Guest Gerson2k

Enjoy

LOL thats quite a disclaimer.

Guest tiggerlator
I have just applied the latest 2.2 update and it has removed the sim lock. :D

Really :P I wonder how its done that. Was it not unlocked before the 2.2 update?