Anyone tried Gamelofts 'Gangstar' on the Streak?

Guest vinokirk

Guest cowballz
ok so maybe this has been established already, but it seems like games and texture paths are coded differently based on which chipset is being used

The first example is Need For Speed Shift. I downloaded for mine, then attempted to let my friend with a captivate try it before buying. Mine ran perfectly but he had to get the Galaxy specific file for it to work correctly on his. the problem he was having with a "snapdragon" version? Missing textures.

Next I tested a few different version of Gangstar. The first didnt specify the chipset, but i was able to see alot of the textures, including the main character, and streets but not cars. I sideloaded the EVO 4G version of Gangstar. I get no streets, no sidewalks, no character, no cars.

Next, i tried an ld trick i used to use to inject some fun into games. I opened up the .tga files in photoshop, many will open, some will give the error "Could not complete your request because the file-format module can not parse the file"

which to me means "this file is corrupt"

I havent tried modifying read/write settings. I'll try that now and report back

also lets golf 2 doesnt work its a really good golf game u can play online with friends

gangstar is nearly working on steves 151 (i suspect the new vomx dec is responsible)

the only missing textures are the characters and cars.. so its playable, just not brilliant

Guest offthahorse
gangstar is nearly working on steves 151 (i suspect the new vomx dec is responsible)

the only missing textures are the characters and cars.. so its playable, just not brilliant

i was thinking about taking the character texture from the generic version that IS working on my streak (running steves 1.5.1) and seeing if i can find one with working cars and copy those over. the only problem i see is that one of these versions calls itself hd

as a recap the one i found that doesnt state the chipset or target model has the following working

streets

sidewalks

grass

Player character

Other People

not working

Cars

SOME buildings

Sky

Im trying a Galaxy S version now

ALSO, havent tried changing permissions yet, i didnt realize till after i said id try that, that i didnt know HOW to do that lol

Guest Johnny82

I actually had the same results on 1.4.6

I wish they thought of us Dell Streak owners a bit more when putting out their games.

Guest offthahorse

The Galaxy S Version has working

Streets

Sidewalks

Sky & Backgrounds

all HUD images

gun "muzzle flash"

blood

NONworking

Cars

People

SOME Menu images, for example, i got arrested and 4 white blocks popped up on my screen and over that the words "YOU ARE UNDER ARREST" in pinkw black drop shadow

Edited by offthahorse

• 3 weeks later...
Guest offthahorse

i gave up and went back to angry birds haha. i got pretty far the first time around and then when i upgraded to 2.1 the first time (as a rookie) i lost all app info and lost interest. now im addicted again