1click app2sd now includes 1 click root

Guest joestone

Guest joestone
need help.....

i do a partition like pdf...

i run file in XP....

i choose english...

then??? i try 1 and 4 but when i install app. they go on memory phone???

why not in SD????

help pls

thank

Did you restart the phone after applied app2sd (menu 6) ?

When you selected the menu 1 or 4 did it showed Data Copying or unable to mount ext2 ?

Guest joestone
Thanks. On menu 8 i get nothing lol

If usb debugging is on and select menu 8 you should see something similar :

/dev: 86488K total, 12K used, 86476K available (block size 4096)

/data: 142848K total, 27596K used, 115252K available (block size 4096)

/cache: 65536K total, 1156K used, 64380K available (block size 4096)

/sqlite_stmt_journals: 4096K total, 0K used, 4096K available (block size 4096)

/system: 250880K total, 234828K used, 16052K available (block size 4096)

/lgdrm: 2816K total, 1180K used, 1636K available (block size 4096)

/system/sdcard: 932865K total, 46652K used, 886213K available (block size 1024)

/data/app: 932865K total, 46652K used, 886213K available (block size 1024)

/data/dalvik-cache: 932865K total, 46652K used, 886213K available (block size 10

24)

/data/data: 932865K total, 46652K used, 886213K available (block size 1024)

/sdcard: 14683712K total, 1593536K used, 13090176K available (block size 32768)

As you see in this example /data/app , /data/dalvik-cache, /data/data is mounted on sd.

When you selected the menu 1 or 4 did it showed Data Copying or unable to mount ext2 ?

i restat phone but all app. are installed on memory phone

when i select 1 or 4 it dont show nothing

Guest beck123234
How the script works :

It copies the contents of the selected folders to the sd ext2 partition . It does not removes the copied files from the phone , because in the case of sd failure or sd removal the phone will be able to bootup. The removal process removes the files and directories needed to app2sd operate normally , but leaves the ext2 untouched.

To use it you need to turn on the USB Debugging mode on the phone .Create the ext2 if not exists .The first partitition should be FAT if your card is smaller than 4GB and should be FAT32 if bigger than 4 GB. The second partition should be ext2. Both partition must be primary.

Dont forget to restart the phone and turn off mass storage mode after creation of the ext2.Download the zip file , extract it and run autorootapp2sd.bat on your pc.

You can use app2sd even if your phone is not rooted.

The attached pdf contains the guide how to create the ext2.

MOD:

The script has the possibilities to turn on root. The root and unroot function is the same as 1 click root .

Thankyou so much :-)

you really helped me and it works too :D

and i really appreciate your help that you provided in your step-by-step guide :P

I am a noob in android ,can you please also provide me help regarding custom roms and cynogens ...i dont know what they are and are they safe?

Once again thanks man for your help :D

Guest m1st3r1
The first partitition should be FAT if your card is smaller than 4GB and should be FAT32 if bigger than 4 GB. The second partition should be ext2. Both partition must be primary.

thx for the one-click. got one question though.

i want to use the recovery rom, it says u need to put the fat partition in the last. and is that compatible with your method?

i want to try all possibilities in my gt540 :P

thx again.

Guest fjsferreira

Everytime I install app2sd, everything works fine till, for no reason, errors start to appear out of nowhere, so many errors I can't even use the phone no more. Every method I've tried leads to the same result. What could be wrong? :S

Edited by fjsferreira

Guest evilc77
If usb debugging is on and select menu 8 you should see something similar :

/dev: 86488K total, 12K used, 86476K available (block size 4096)

/data: 142848K total, 27596K used, 115252K available (block size 4096)

/cache: 65536K total, 1156K used, 64380K available (block size 4096)

/sqlite_stmt_journals: 4096K total, 0K used, 4096K available (block size 4096)

/system: 250880K total, 234828K used, 16052K available (block size 4096)

/lgdrm: 2816K total, 1180K used, 1636K available (block size 4096)

/system/sdcard: 932865K total, 46652K used, 886213K available (block size 1024)

/data/app: 932865K total, 46652K used, 886213K available (block size 1024)

/data/dalvik-cache: 932865K total, 46652K used, 886213K available (block size 10

24)

/data/data: 932865K total, 46652K used, 886213K available (block size 1024)

/sdcard: 14683712K total, 1593536K used, 13090176K available (block size 32768)

As you see in this example /data/app , /data/dalvik-cache, /data/data is mounted on sd.

Joestone,

I seem to be having similar problems, I have installed the Australia Optus 2.1 update and using your app2sd I can't use #4 option keep getting errors. My #8 is attached but I only have 113mg internal available space? Would that be right as when I used the Baltic version I had 125mg.

Clive

post-762375-1288083791_thumb.png

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Everytime I install app2sd, everything works fine till, for no reason, errors start to appear out of nowhere, so many errors I can't even use the phone no more. Every method I've tried leads to the same result. What could be wrong? :S

too big a partition size, try making a smaller one, maybe around 400 meg., or the card is dying(Ext will use up the finite writes on a card, so can kill a card quicker, with all the journaling it does), faulty phone..you name it, roll a dice, for a problem, it could be a couple of things.

Guest fjsferreira
too big a partition size, try making a smaller one, maybe around 400 meg., or the card is dying(Ext will use up the finite writes on a card, so can kill a card quicker, with all the journaling it does), faulty phone..you name it, roll a dice, for a problem, it could be a couple of things.

I've tried with another card, a new one, and after a day or two, force closings all around! :P I guess it's the phone then. Very sad i can't use app2sd because internal memory is just too little.

Guest joestone
I've tried with another card, a new one, and after a day or two, force closings all around! :P I guess it's the phone then. Very sad i can't use app2sd because internal memory is just too little.

I have noticed some sd mount errors if the partiton was ext3 not ext2. With ext2 i did not notice any problems.

Guest fjsferreira

People who aren't getting force closings with app2sd, please post:

App used to partition SD card (I used both gparted and minitool partition wizard)

Sd card capacity and brand (I've used a 2GB kingston and a Sandisk 4GB)

Partition scheme (I've used fat32 - ext2; fat - ext2; fat32 - ext3; fat-ext2, and all combinations with a swap area, and I've tried with different partition sizes)

Rom (I've used 2.1 baltic and 2.1 greek, with fresh installs (hard resets and all that))

Tutorial used (I've used all of them :S)

Any other info you consider relevant.

I'de be very much grateful, maybe I can finally see if I'm doing something wrong.

Guest m1st3r1

ok. since i've got much errors too from this 1 click app2sd.

this is my setup:

partition sdcard: paragon partition manager.

sdcard capacity: team 8 gb (supposedly class 6, but i dont think it is :D )

partition scheme: 6.69 gb fat32, 501 mb ext2

rom: 2.1 black edition by Quarx, with firmwire that has fastboot and recovery (clockwork), updated kernel too

tutorial used: 1 click root app2sd. when very first time i use the other app2sd (the one with copying the .sh) it worked, but it bricked my sdcard, thankfully the warranty've covered it

so either the partition to large, or my sdcard is not good for app2sd (i'm afraid it'll brick to if i try the app2sd, but if u never try u will never know right :P )

thankfully the remove app2sd from the 1 click app2sd can solve all the force close

Edited by m1st3r1

Guest fjsferreira
ok. since i've got much errors too from this 1 click app2sd.

this is my setup:

partition sdcard: paragon partition manager.

sdcard capacity: team 8 gb (supposedly class 6, but i dont think it is :D )

partition scheme: 6.69 gb fat32, 501 mb ext2

rom: 2.1 black edition by Quarx, with firmwire that has fastboot and recovery (clockwork), updated kernel too

tutorial used: 1 click root app2sd. when very first time i use the other app2sd (the one with copying the .sh) it worked, but it bricked my sdcard, thankfully the warranty've covered it

so either the partition to large, or my sdcard is not good for app2sd (i'm afraid it'll brick to if i try the app2sd, but if u never try u will never know right :P )

thankfully the remove app2sd from the 1 click app2sd can solve all the force close

Yes, removing fixes it, but living without app2sd is just shitty with our low memory capacity phone :D I have 14 apps and already only 12mb available.

Guest ohoosong

Guys...

finally, I got app2sd now and working no problem but just little working slowly.

anyway I have a problem I turn off my phone and turn on. however, my phone is not booting but after removed Memory card it's working.

What happen? after app2sd I can't turn off? Please give me solution.

Rom : Vodafone 2.1

Memory: Transcend 8gb class6

partition scheme: 6.69 gb fat32, 501 mb ext2(around like that)

tutorial used: 1 click root app2sd.

Edited by ohoosong

Guest hacker_didko

Removed apps to sd . It worked 2 days , reinstalled , it worked more couple of days , reinstalled , yesterday same thing with force closes and unisnalled it . Now Im without apps to sd ...