LG Europe 2.1 Official ROM (20B)
SD 32GB Class 4 Kingston (Faster isn't currently available with this capacity)
SD is divited aprox.this way: XXGB FAT32, 850MB Ext2, 150MB SWAP
Here's my observations as I was playing with the thing for a day:
1) Apply App2SD on clean ROM (preferably do factory reset before or reflash it entirely)
2) If you messed up with it for a while it's good idea to reformat ext2 partition as there are MBs of different data
1) Class 4 card is probably still too slow for applying full app2sd, mainly appdata needs to be accessed really promptly
2) Options 1, 2, where appdata is not moved make your installations lowerring system memory still significantly that is why I believe appdata can make a big part of whole single app
3) If I apply any of 3, 4, I will get some force closing in near future, phone is laggy, sometimes on power on I'm not even asked for pin to sim. When someone calls me I'm getting ringing with blackscreen and it takes a considerable time to render call display with controls but fortunately I can answer call anytime by pressing hw button. I think that this is manly because I have quite slow SD card for this use. Do I?
4) But anyway it seems that all options work quite well when considering app installations. It seems that on my configuration is practically applicable only first option which is sufficient for my use.
SERIOUS QUESTIONS: (Appreciated if anyone can answer)
1) THE MOST SERIOUS PROBLEM: Consider option 1 Standart App2SD. As most of the applications work great I'm having problems mainly with players. There's app arcMedia. It's media player. It works great when installed without app2sd. But I tried every possible option of app2sd and this app doesn't work! And don't really understand why and it considerably argues stability of app2sd as it should just trick android to move standart app directory to other place. But now it seems it's not that simple! I guess there might be two possible issues. Either the app is strangely hardcoded and cannot find some parts when run on SD (it would correspond to no icon and system label) or app2sd missing some aspect of Android system which cannot be provided by simple directory mount (I guess it's called simlink in unix speech). I don't quite understand it. Any one can answer this? Anyone who think has working app2sd can try this app and post result?
Maybe there is problem in my configuration, use of official lg rom with a lot of integrated apps and such, not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'd love to have stable phone with enough room for apps.
UPDATE 2: Phone hangs over night with full app2SD. I think it run but cannot be awake, there's no response to buttons, only way to restart is to reconnect the battery then it works. Strange behaviour!
Let Android live!
Edited by Siamoen, 11 January 2011 - 08:39 AM.