Nablet

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

hmm... never had that problem, i dont know why it is like that :D
-----------------------------------
A MEGAlite ROM is available in the first post :P

After several reboots this problem disappeared, now I can't send messages instead. After typing a message I can't choose a contact because after pressing the contact button none of the options (phone book, recent contacts, etc.) work.

I'm going to have to switch to yet another ROM and this one was great. :D

Speedfrog

Speedfrog

The Viking

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  • Interests:football
  • Devices:Omnia II 16 GB
its becuase this rom doesnt have samsung phonebook or samsung call log.

in my new MEAGlite the problem is solved you are going to Windows messaging and you are choosing who to send to with htc contacts.

Edited by speedfrog, 25 October 2010 - 09:22 AM.

Nablet

Nablet

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

its becuase this rom doesnt have samsung phonebook or samsung call log.

in my new MEAGlite the problem is solved you are going to Windows messaging and you are choosing who to send to with htc contacts.

Thanks man, I'll give that a go. My wife has a Desire now and I really don't like Android but the phone is a delight and is wonderful to work with.

Edit: the cube button doesn't work now and four reinstallations later I've given up. I will keep an eye on your work and try out any other ROMs you make.

Edited by Nablet, 25 October 2010 - 10:59 AM.

soroush0313

soroush0313

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation

After several reboots this problem disappeared, now I can't send messages instead. After typing a message I can't choose a contact because after pressing the contact button none of the options (phone book, recent contacts, etc.) work.

I'm going to have to switch to yet another ROM and this one was great. :D

hello nablet.
you can disable samsung messaging skin and work with this rom very well :P
these are the links for cabs:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40504

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40505

Edited by soroush0313, 25 October 2010 - 11:33 AM.

Speedfrog

Speedfrog

The Viking

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
thanks for the tips soroush0313

@Nablet
is it the button2 you are talking about? its working fine here

GEAS

GEAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:i8000L
Hi Speedfrog, thanks for your work. Right now I'm on your excelent JH1 Lite rom, and I was wondering if I can switch to this one and install _LeCiel_'s .sencity sense theme. Is it possible?

Thanks again.

kydkylin

kydkylin

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:i8000
It's so great that you've succeeded in cooking your own sense rom.
As I have lots of schools things to do, I'm so sorry that I didn't help you much about this.
But it's so great the much powerful chef shadow helped you out.
Just keep up your great job and you're excellent!

Speedfrog

Speedfrog

The Viking

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Hi Speedfrog, thanks for your work. Right now I'm on your excelent JH1 Lite rom, and I was wondering if I can switch to this one and install _LeCiel_'s .sencity sense theme. Is it possible?
Thanks again.

yes. you can use it, but you need to install cookie home tab first.

@kydkylin
thank you :P
you was also very helpful :D

Edited by speedfrog, 25 October 2010 - 03:33 PM.

Speedfrog

Speedfrog

The Viking

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
can someone post a screenshot of the htc dialer and a memory screenshot from the English lite rom? :P

ashburn

ashburn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II - I8000GT
  • Twitter:@ashburn_
Speedfrog to tell u honestly this is the best Sense rom i've ever used. Thanks for this man!

Speedfrog

Speedfrog

The Viking

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Speedfrog to tell u honestly this is the best Sense rom i've ever used. Thanks for this man!

are you still using the Ultra lite rom? if so can you test if this is working:
* you can disable samsung messaging skin (when you are writing a message) by installing: DisableDialerSkin and you can enable it EnableDialerSkin
EDIT:
this does not work, change the registry like the first post says under tips

Edited by speedfrog, 02 November 2010 - 06:02 PM.

ashburn

ashburn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

are you still using the Ultra lite rom? if so can you test if this is working:
* you can disable samsung messaging skin (when you are writing a message) by installing: DisableDialerSkin and you can enable it EnableDialerSkin

Yes im still using it hehehe and the samsung messaging skin i never tried disabling the skin cause im using the HTC messaging thingy and it works just fine. and i installed the HTC Dialer. everythings seems to be in perfect condition an i am using it for 2 days already i can say this is the kinda rom we all need. its fast & superbly stable.

Speedfrog

Speedfrog

The Viking

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
nice :P

did you install htc messaging? because when i tried to wirte a new text or replay it went to samsung messaging (not in the MEGAlite)

Edited by speedfrog, 25 October 2010 - 07:31 PM.

ashburn

ashburn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

nice :P

did you install htc messaging? because when i tried to wirte a new text or replay it went to samsung messaging (not in the MEGalite)

no i did not install it. it was included from your ultralite. You can use it without going to Messaging or SMS. Just go to contacts click on the name of the person and you can send message to person. so when the particular person replies to you it will go to the sense messaging tab & you can simply reply his or her smses by pressing on the message on messaging tab. It all work perfectly. I only install Easy S3Clock & HTC Dialer. I'm hoping to see video call up soon ^^. Cheers

and it uses the HTC Messaging.

Edited by ashburn, 25 October 2010 - 07:35 PM.

Speedfrog

Speedfrog

The Viking

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

no i did not install it. it was included from your ultralite. You can use it without going to Messaging or SMS. Just go to contacts click on the name of the person and you can send message to person. so when the particular person replies to you it will go to the sense messaging tab & you can simply reply his or her smses by pressing on the message on messaging tab. It all work perfectly. I only install Easy S3Clock & HTC Dialer. I'm hoping to see video call up soon ^^. Cheers

thanks for the info :P

video call is not working in htc dialer, you need to install samsung dialer.

ashburn

ashburn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
ha, no prob's thanks for the rom =D. Well im hoping it will work for HTC Dialer but its okay. Video call isn't that important for me now. hehe =D as far as im concerned the rom is fast, very responsive & superbly stable.

Speedfrog

Speedfrog

The Viking

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
sorry for asking again, but can someone with the JH1 6.5 Sense 2018 English Lite ROM please post screenshots of the htc dialer and the memory? :P
--------
Updated first post a little :D

Edited by speedfrog, 25 October 2010 - 08:20 PM.

Nablet

Nablet

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I decided to give your UL ROM another go and the screen off issue remains, again after several flashes. I also still can't access the address book to select contacts, after disabling, enabling, disabling the skin (after several hours of dis- and then enabling the skins I got tired).

It's odd that I'm the only one experiencing these problems, meaning there has to be a bug somewhere that is very rare. To clarify the problem I will try and explain it in detail.

When I click the button to turn the screen off the screen switches off. A second or two later the screen switches itself back on but the phone is locked and the screen is dim (50% brightness). Now whether I click the button to turn the screen off or unlock the phone and then turn the screen on the screen turns itself back on again. It doesn't always happen, sometimes, when I've prayed to the gods of screen offs, sacrificed a cat, dog and my offspring the screen will stay off. But this is rare and the battery is drained very quickly due to the screen simply refusing to stay off.

Last night it drove my wife over the edge and she demanded I install a new ROM, as she's a light sleeper and the light from the phone, though dim, irritated her enough to prevent her from sleeping deeply. I love the ROM as it's the best Sense ROM I've found but these two bugs make it hard to live with. It's a shame because the 70MB RAM free is wonderful and makes the phone snappy. My wife loves the constant animation of the weather page and wants me to download a ROM for her Desire, which I'll do once I've solved my own problems.

ra6o74

ra6o74

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:GT-I8000, 8GB
  • Twitter:@ra6o74

I decided to give your UL ROM another go and the screen off issue remains, again after several flashes. I also still can't access the address book to select contacts, after disabling, enabling, disabling the skin (after several hours of dis- and then enabling the skins I got tired).

It's odd that I'm the only one experiencing these problems, meaning there has to be a bug somewhere that is very rare. To clarify the problem I will try and explain it in detail.

When I click the button to turn the screen off the screen switches off. A second or two later the screen switches itself back on but the phone is locked and the screen is dim (50% brightness). Now whether I click the button to turn the screen off or unlock the phone and then turn the screen on the screen turns itself back on again. It doesn't always happen, sometimes, when I've prayed to the gods of screen offs, sacrificed a cat, dog and my offspring the screen will stay off. But this is rare and the battery is drained very quickly due to the screen simply refusing to stay off.

Last night it drove my wife over the edge and she demanded I install a new ROM, as she's a light sleeper and the light from the phone, though dim, irritated her enough to prevent her from sleeping deeply. I love the ROM as it's the best Sense ROM I've found but these two bugs make it hard to live with. It's a shame because the 70MB RAM free is wonderful and makes the phone snappy. My wife loves the constant animation of the weather page and wants me to download a ROM for her Desire, which I'll do once I've solved my own problems.

Probably you should flash all parts: eboot especially!

Nablet

Nablet

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Which eboot do you recommend? I've tried XXD1 and XXJA1, neither helped.

Edit: downloading JH1.

Edited by Nablet, 26 October 2010 - 06:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users