Standard alarm on the OS is way to quiet.

Guest awarner

Guest awarner

Still software but OS related

I used my old phone as my alarm clock but my HD7 volume is way too low.

When setting the alarm and selecting the Alarm2 tune the demo plays much louder than the actual tune event. Any tune I select gives the same result.

The volume of the alarm is not adjustable and sounds so low I do not think it would actually wake me up.

Other system sounds etc are very loud on the same volume setting.

Who actually tests the basic functionality before release?

Guest VulakAerr
Still software but OS related

I used my old phone as my alarm clock but my HD7 volume is way too low.

When setting the alarm and selecting the Alarm2 tune the demo plays much louder than the actual tune event. Any tune I select gives the same result.

The volume of the alarm is not adjustable and sounds so low I do not think it would actually wake me up.

Other system sounds etc are very loud on the same volume setting.

Who actually tests the basic functionality before release?

I thought that at first but then I noticed that the alarm sound gets more insistent as it goes on. Alternatively you can mute the phone but turn the volume up (if that makes any sense). The alarm still sounds.

Guest Karucifer
Problem is I then have to remember to un-mute for normal use, a solution but not a perfect one unfortunately

Been using it for a week now to wake me without issues (HTC HD 7) and I'm a heavy sleeper, for me this 'basic functionality' is fine.

You could always try it for a few nights, set it 15min before a 'backup alarm' just in case :)

Edited by Karucifer

Guest awarner

Compaired to the Omnia2 the volume is terrrible and I prefer to know it will wake me rather than maybe just disturb me a bit.

But the main issue is the sample volume is far louder than the actual activated alarm which is not right.

• 3 weeks later...
Compaired to the Omnia2 the volume is terrrible and I prefer to know it will wake me rather than maybe just disturb me a bit.

But the main issue is the sample volume is far louder than the actual activated alarm which is not right.

I can confirm that this is an OS issue. My Samsung Focus has the same issue

Regards

t1

Edited by t1

i can confirm as well... i'm using the HTC 7 Mozart (Telstra version) and it also has low alarm volume. i ended up purchasing Alarm Clock Pro which is louder, offers more sound options and has vibrate option. can't afford to be late for work!!