Remove Orange Apps on San Francisco, Simple Beginners Guide!

Guest xeyaztian

Guest goofy gorilla
Lovely! Nice and easy - gentler on the nerves than some of the more involved interventions on here look!

lol...yeah...was gonna use one of the custom roms to debrand and remove most of the orange stuff...but hey, this worked great........i dont think the superuser icon can be deleted...as i coudnt really find where it was....can this superuser icon be reinstalled again.?..and is it setup when androot is used to root the phone...?

Guest xeyaztian
lol...yeah...was gonna use one of the custom roms to debrand and remove most of the orange stuff...but hey, this worked great........i dont think the superuser icon can be deleted...as i coudnt really find where it was....can this superuser icon be reinstalled again.?..and is it setup when androot is used to root the phone...?

Hey, glad it worked for you! Wooo :)

SuperRoot Permissions is installed when you root the phone with Universal Androot!

You can uninstall it using the SystemApp Remover, its in System Apps.

Also (though not 100% sure) I think if after youve deleted everything you can root youre phone using the Universal Androot and Im quite sure it removes SuperUser Permissions aswell!

Hope this helps!

Guest goofy gorilla
Hey, glad it worked for you! Wooo :)

SuperRoot Permissions is installed when you root the phone with Universal Androot!

You can uninstall it using the SystemApp Remover, its in System Apps.

Also (though not 100% sure) I think if after youve deleted everything you can root youre phone using the Universal Androot and Im quite sure it removes SuperUser Permissions aswell!

Hope this helps!

actually.....since i used universal androot to root the phone...i simply clicked on "unroot"...job done...phone is unrooted and super user icon is gone...lol

Guest rwalton159

Does removing this stuff invalidate the warranty?

I'd hate for it to develop a fault and I've invalidated the warranty?

Anyone?

Edited by rwalton159

Guest xeyaztian
Does removing this stuff invalidate the warranty?

I'd hate for it to develop a fault and I've invalidated the warranty?

Anyone?

Hello I THINK it may, now however, If you restored the apps and rooted the phone again, Orange would be none the wiser! And if you're phone wont start to no fault of you're own they wouldn't be able to check...

However to answer you're question, I think rooting you're phone MAY invalidate the warranty, but this is a lot safer way to do it than doing the ROM thing, which defenetly breaks warranty!

Guest rwalton159
Hello I THINK it may, now however, If you restored the apps and rooted the phone again, Orange would be none the wiser! And if you're phone wont start to no fault of you're own they wouldn't be able to check...

However to answer you're question, I think rooting you're phone MAY invalidate the warranty, but this is a lot safer way to do it than doing the ROM thing, which defenetly breaks warranty!

Thanks for your reply - not sure altering anything is worth the risk.

If it was outside of warranty I would not have a problem rooting the phone.

Guest xeyaztian
Thanks for your reply - not sure altering anything is worth the risk.

If it was outside of warranty I would not have a problem rooting the phone.

If you're phones running quickly and you like the Orange Apps then I wouldn't, but this is quite a risk free thing!

Guest rwalton159
If you're phones running quickly and you like the Orange Apps then I wouldn't, but this is quite a risk free thing!

Thanks, I'm tempted. Is there an easy way to restore the phone back to standard?

Edited by rwalton159

Guest Deo_volente

can anyone tell me the filenames of the orange photo app, games app and weather app so i can get shot of them please.also the location if different from /system/app. i dont wanna remove the wrong things and ruin anything,thanks :-)

Guest xeyaztian
Thanks, I'm tempted. Is there an easy way to restore the phone back to standard?

You can restore the phone by factory settings, but if you dont delete anything you shouldnt then youll be fine! You can also backup apps using the SystemApp Remover!

Edited by xeyaztian

Guest xeyaztian
can anyone tell me the filenames of the orange photo app, games app and weather app so i can get shot of them please.also the location if different from /system/app. i dont wanna remove the wrong things and ruin anything,thanks :-)

Orange Photo is the pixota or something very similar to that, (If youre using SystemApp Remover then it gives a list of Normal Apps and System Apps and shows u the icons!

The games have ZTE Blade in the file name with WWTBAM something like that, very simple to find using the systemapp remover!

Guest rwalton159
You can restore the phone by factory settings, but if you dont delete anything you shouldnt then youll be fine! You can also backup apps using the SystemApp Remover!

Opps, saw your post too late.

Used Android Root

Busy Box

Titanium

Then I removed without backing stuff up -

Then re-rooted using Android Root (couldn't find super user either)

Unrooted

uninstalled Titanium and Busybox

Thanks again :)

Guest Deo_volente
Orange Photo is the pixota or something very similar to that, (If youre using SystemApp Remover then it gives a list of Normal Apps and System Apps and shows u the icons!

The games have ZTE Blade in the file name with WWTBAM something like that, very simple to find using the systemapp remover!

ah,i was using adb to remove them ,no credit card and dont wanna use debit card.I will look for the pixota thing,think i remember seeing it listed in adb.Already removed the game demos but wanna remove the orange game app also, aswell as the weather app and orange app shop.Thanks

Edited by Deo_volente

Guest xeyaztian
Opps, saw your post too late.

Used Android Root

Busy Box

Titanium

Then I removed without backing stuff up -

Then re-rooted using Android Root (couldn't find super user either)

Unrooted

uninstalled Titanium and Busybox

Thanks again :)

Glad it worked for you, also means less stuff will start up and run in the background, so maybe a few mins/hour more battery life!

Guest xeyaztian
ah,i was using adb to remove them ,no credit card and dont wanna use debit card.I will look for the pixota thing,think i remember seeing it listed in adb.Already removed the game demos but wanna remove the orange game app also, aswell as the weather app.Thanks

Hey get rid of DocsToGo if you dont use them, Ive kept it but you could use debit card to buy and once used refund within 24 hours?? But yeah if abd works then it shud run the same way!

Guest Deo_volente
Hey get rid of DocsToGo if you dont use them, Ive kept it but you could use debit card to buy and once used refund within 24 hours?? But yeah if abd works then it shud run the same way!

ah yeah, removed the docstogo thing and will remove the pixota thing in a while also.it was just the orange app shop, orange games and the pre-installed weather app i cant find.maybe i'll try a few of the free app removers on the market,i don't really wanna associate my debit card to my google account tbh,i think a credit card gives better protection against fraud etc.Thanks.

So I did a bit of clean up today. Used AndRoot, busybox and Titanium Backup Pro, and uninstalled the following :

Who Wants to be a Millionaire - /system/app/glu_zte_blade_wwtbam5_de_en_es_fr_it_1_0_1_full-wrapped.apk

Guitar Hero 5 Mobile OD 1.1.2 - /system/app/glu_zte_blade_ghero5_de_en_es_fr_it_1_0_1_full-wrapped.apk

Touchpal Spanish language pack 1.0 - /system/app/SpanishPack.apk

Touchpal French language pack 1.0 - /system/app/FrenchPack.apk

TouchPal 1.1.0 - /system/app/TouchPal.apk

Weather - /system/app/MobileWeather.v1.0.4.apk

Orange Headlines 2.0.106 - /system/app/Orange_RSS_Widget-build-2010-05-31_08-57-42-version_2.0.016-UI-REFRESH-signed.apk

Orange Wednesdays 1.0 - /system/app/OrangeWednesdays.apk

Orange Homescreen 1.0 - /system/app/OHS_480x800_Blade_A1.00.01_signed.apk

Maps 4.65.87 - /system/app/OrangeMaps_4.65.60.95_Android_Production_signed.apk

App Shop 4.2.1.25 - /system/app/OAS_ZTE_Blade-v4_2_1_19-20100526-1-prod.apk

Homescreen Selector 1.0 - /system/app/OHSS_800x480_Blade_A1.00.01_signed.apk

Mail - /system/app/orangemail_android_721_20_7_386147_signed.apk

Backup 1.27.7 - /system/app/PhoneBackup-signed_1.15.3_PROD.apk

Photo 1.5.10 - /system/app/Pixota.1.5.7_20100602_WVGA_eclair.apk

I've not removed the following yet, but took note of the filenames :

OrangeSetupWizard 1.0 - SW_480x800_Blade_A1.01.00.apk

TV 1.0 - OrangeTV.apk

Your Orange 1.0 - YourOrange_Release_20100429_signed.apk

Docs To Go 2.005 - DocumentsToGoViewers_PDF_Eval.apk

Hopefully this should free up some more space and is less bloated now !

Guest Deo_volente
So I did a bit of clean up today. Used AndRoot, busybox and Titanium Backup Pro, and uninstalled the following :

Who Wants to be a Millionaire - /system/app/glu_zte_blade_wwtbam5_de_en_es_fr_it_1_0_1_full-wrapped.apk

Guitar Hero 5 Mobile OD 1.1.2 - /system/app/glu_zte_blade_ghero5_de_en_es_fr_it_1_0_1_full-wrapped.apk

Touchpal Spanish language pack 1.0 - /system/app/SpanishPack.apk

Touchpal French language pack 1.0 - /system/app/FrenchPack.apk

TouchPal 1.1.0 - /system/app/TouchPal.apk

Weather - /system/app/MobileWeather.v1.0.4.apk

Orange Headlines 2.0.106 - /system/app/Orange_RSS_Widget-build-2010-05-31_08-57-42-version_2.0.016-UI-REFRESH-signed.apk

Orange Wednesdays 1.0 - /system/app/OrangeWednesdays.apk

Orange Homescreen 1.0 - /system/app/OHS_480x800_Blade_A1.00.01_signed.apk

Maps 4.65.87 - /system/app/OrangeMaps_4.65.60.95_Android_Production_signed.apk

App Shop 4.2.1.25 - /system/app/OAS_ZTE_Blade-v4_2_1_19-20100526-1-prod.apk

Homescreen Selector 1.0 - /system/app/OHSS_800x480_Blade_A1.00.01_signed.apk

Mail - /system/app/orangemail_android_721_20_7_386147_signed.apk

Backup 1.27.7 - /system/app/PhoneBackup-signed_1.15.3_PROD.apk

Photo 1.5.10 - /system/app/Pixota.1.5.7_20100602_WVGA_eclair.apk

I've not removed the following yet, but took note of the filenames :

OrangeSetupWizard 1.0 - SW_480x800_Blade_A1.01.00.apk

TV 1.0 - OrangeTV.apk

Your Orange 1.0 - YourOrange_Release_20100429_signed.apk

Docs To Go 2.005 - DocumentsToGoViewers_PDF_Eval.apk

Hopefully this should free up some more space and is less bloated now !

ah nice,now i finally got rid of the last few apps that were bugging me.i did also remove YourOrange and the orange tv previously.Thanks.

Guest Patricia1066

This really helped me, thanks to all who offered their expertise.

The phone is now running as unrooted but less "orange" - I haven't seen any improvement in battery life that I can ascribe to this change, as the battery is still developing charge.

Guest xeyaztian
This really helped me, thanks to all who offered their expertise.

The phone is now running as unrooted but less "orange" - I haven't seen any improvement in battery life that I can ascribe to this change, as the battery is still developing charge.

It helps with battery cos less apps are open as some Orange apps are silly and keep opening without you asking them too. Glad it worked for you. :)

Guest booster22

Thanks guys works a treat. now nearly orange less. :)

Only ones i wonder if its ok to deleate now is

alarm 1.3.1

analog clocks 2.0.69

digital clock 1.0.71

The clocks are in widgets

ive downloaded better ones from the market/

I asume these are orange as they are "orange" in colour

Are these linked to behind the scenes timekeeping or is it fine to get rid?

The only other things orangey that i havent a clue on are

orangesetupwizard 1.0

sim toolkit 2.1

But ill leave these unless someone knows?

Thanks in advance