28 replies to this topic

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:6700, 6800, Omnia 910
Hey Steel, thanks for everything here. You helped me love my O2. Gotta hack it to love it.

For me and a new phone, I am looking for screen size (but I know what people mean about the feel), no keyboard, and good speaker (phone and playback quality). Plus hackability, of course.

How do the X and the Fascinate compare for speaker sound?

Steel Reign

Steel Reign

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Hey Steel, thanks for everything here. You helped me love my O2. Gotta hack it to love it.

For me and a new phone, I am looking for screen size (but I know what people mean about the feel), no keyboard, and good speaker (phone and playback quality). Plus hackability, of course.

How do the X and the Fascinate compare for speaker sound?

I know that the X has one of the loudest speakers I've seen, but neither phones have speakers that can compare to our stereo speakers unfortunately. I haven't heard anything about the speaker quality so I assume they are both about the same.

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

I know that the X has one of the loudest speakers I've seen, but neither phones have speakers that can compare to our stereo speakers unfortunately. I haven't heard anything about the speaker quality so I assume they are both about the same.

The Omnia II is one of the few times Verizon has gotten an existing model and actually made it better - the stereo speakers, the captive stylus, restyling the hideous cube button...Generally when VZW gets an existing device, it means slower processor, less ram, locked functionality. If they'd only added more ram and fought for more updates.

I really like the stereo speakers - they really do sound nice. The only other phone I've had that came close was an LG VX8300, which also had stereo speakers. I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready to re-up or move to Sprint, there will be another great stereo phone, but with a 3.7-4" super amoled WXGA, 512mb+ of real ram, dual core hummingbird or better, with good Ogl drivers, fully functioning FPU, etc...

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

The Omnia II is one of the few times Verizon has gotten an existing model and actually made it better - the stereo speakers, the captive stylus, restyling the hideous cube button...Generally when VZW gets an existing device, it means slower processor, less ram, locked functionality. If they'd only added more ram and fought for more updates.

I really like the stereo speakers - they really do sound nice. The only other phone I've had that came close was an LG VX8300, which also had stereo speakers. I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready to re-up or move to Sprint, there will be another great stereo phone, but with a 3.7-4" super amoled WXGA, 512mb+ of real ram, dual core hummingbird or better, with good Ogl drivers, fully functioning FPU, etc...

sooo...

you want a laptop in a phone form factor. Am I missing something here?

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

sooo...

you want a laptop in a phone form factor. Am I missing something here?

Hell yeah!

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920
Peace, Steel Reign. Sucks to see you leave but I'm glad you moved on to something better. Thanks for all that you contributed to this forum, everyone really appreciates all the hard work you did.

I'm on my dad's family share plan and i can use his upgrade right now if i wanted to and im so tempted to get either the Droid X or Fascinate. But i think i will hold out til my own line is eligible for upgrade in November 2011. I cant even imagine how ridiculous phones will be by then

Samsung Omnia II i920

Snow02

Snow02

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Devices:Omnia SCH-i920

Peace, Steel Reign. Sucks to see you leave but I'm glad you moved on to something better. Thanks for all that you contributed to this forum, everyone really appreciates all the hard work you did.

I'm on my dad's family share plan and i can use his upgrade right now if i wanted to and im so tempted to get either the Droid X or Fascinate. But i think i will hold out til my own line is eligible for upgrade in November 2011. I cant even imagine how ridiculous phones will be by then

If pops doesn't care about newer phones, take his, then upgrade in a year and give him whatever you get now.

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920

If pops doesn't care about newer phones, take his, then upgrade in a year and give him whatever you get now.

THIS LOL I did that with my mom, got the Omnia (original) then upgraded to the O2 less than a year later lol.

Posted Image

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920

THIS LOL I did that with my mom, got the Omnia (original) then upgraded to the O2 less than a year later lol.

LMAO thats the same exact thing i did with my mom too since she's on the plan also. I had the Omnia for about six months then used my own upgrade to get the Omnia 2. Haha.. But i since im low on funds i think i'll just wait this time

Samsung Omnia II i920

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users