Samsung to release the 'Nexus two' ?

Guest squirreleater

Guest squirreleater

A quick post as this could be a rather large deal if it is true.

Rumour and gossip has been building towards Samsung and Google announcing on November the 8th the ' Nexus Two '!

Coupled with the rumour that Carphone warehouse could be selling the unlocked phones direct in the UK does add up to a bit more that internet gossip.

( I believe Best buy in the USA are connected to Carphone warehouse?)

Should this be true, it is, In my humble opinion, big news indeed, the Nexus one may have been a sales flop, but as a phone it has been a huge success. Owners of the Nexus have enjoyed updates instantly from Google and then watched other phones slowly follow suit.The developers have adopted the Nexus and it has enjoyed huge support from the likes of our very own Paul and Cyanogen.

Personally I have been holding out for HTC to make the next 'Google' phone, the G2/Desire 'Z' is almost a worthy follow up, but the fastboot lockout is proving to be an issue. Plus it isn't a big jump in hardware and performance.

This news, if true, will be met with a "Great!"but I'm sure with some reserve, myself included, as Samsung haven't the background HTC have with the developers, their software is sometimes questionable and build quality is perceived by some as suspect.

Google providing the software will be huge positive for this phone, as will the Samsung Superled screen (The Galaxy S screen is superb!)

One final thought, was it about this time last year the Nexus one was starting to be talked about? By December the Nexus one was pretty well confirmed and it was only the official word that was missing....

Don't flame me! Just my thoughts, lets hope it IS true and we have a new Google phone for Christmas- I'll almost certainly be getting it should it happen.

EDIT:

Twitter has lit up this evening with talk of this alleged phone, Gizmode seem to think is is real and have 2nd hand experience ( A friend of a friend!) of it.

I'm hoping for more, but it's looking like a Galaxy S with a few bells and whistles.

I'll update if it changes....

Edit 2:

According to Androidandme ,who,along with a few other bloggers claims to actually have the phone, have put out some specifications and other info, the only real standout being a suggested 1.2ghz Cpu..

More as and when......

Guest Scrtcwlvl
I too would prefer if its HTC making it but if its a Nexus 2 count me in !!

There can only be one!

All kidding aside, I would like to see another Nexus but I would also prefer it to be from the same bosom. Meaning, thought of and pushed by Google and ultimately designed and manufactured by HTC.

The Nexus One is the Google Phone of Google Phones and it is seen and treated as such by Google and it's consumer base. I rather not pollute the name with a rebranded Droid X or 2.

Guest McSpoon

Last year Google staff were each given a Nexus One for Christmas. So a Nexus Two could be a possibility just for Google to giveaway as Christmas gifts.

It would make more sense for the Nexus Two to be an Android tablet with phone functionality. It needs to be something cutting-edge. I would expect the Nexus name to be associated with state of the art innovation.

Andy Rubin once allegedly said that the next Nexus will be an enterprise phone but I hope that isn't the case.

Personally I'm skeptical that Google would be helping out a Korean company like Samsung. I would expect them to be pushing Motorola profits upwards this time.

I must admit I'm looking forward to this one. Love my galaxy s. It's just a shame it HAS to be rooted and played with to live up to it's full potential.

But what's essentially a galaxy s with support from google and vanilla android. Count me in.

Dave

Guest El Nino9

well after getting the desire hd as a gift and the lock that htc have put on it, i will most likely now consider getting the "nexus two" as my next phone.

even if the desire hd does end up getting fully rooted and i have faith in the developers they will do that, i am absolutely gutted that the manufactures are doing this. i will stick to official development phones from now on.

Guest JokerNJ

OK, you can take this with a pinch of salt but - I work in media sales and Carphone Warehouse has just this week booked a sizeable advertising campaign for December with the brand name, 'Nexus'.

It's maybe not the Nexus Two, it could be a generic Android campaign or some other sort of exclusive that CPW expects to have pre-Christmas.

Either way, I think I'll hold fire on upgrading for another week...

Guest squirreleater
OK, you can take this with a pinch of salt but - I work in media sales and Carphone Warehouse has just this week booked a sizeable advertising campaign for December with the brand name, 'Nexus'.

It's maybe not the Nexus Two, it could be a generic Android campaign or some other sort of exclusive that CPW expects to have pre-Christmas.

Either way, I think I'll hold fire on upgrading for another week...

Interesting.

I doubt anything in the phone world could get away with using the nexus name/branding unless it is to do with the nexus line of phones.

I guess we'll know this week......fingers crossed.

• 10 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.