Dialpad with Letters

During a call the "Dialpad" only shows numbers unlike the Keypad to make a call which shows number and letters. I.E> the ABC on 2 and DEF on 3. This makes it difficult to navigate voicemail systems that specify press D to delete, etc. Is there a replacement dialpad app available? Has this functionality changed with the Froyo release?

During a call the "Dialpad" only shows numbers unlike the Keypad to make a call which shows number and letters. I.E> the ABC on 2 and DEF on 3. This makes it difficult to navigate voicemail systems that specify press D to delete, etc. Is there a replacement dialpad app available? Has this functionality changed with the Froyo release?

That's odd. My 2.1 SGS has the letters...

But try "Dialer One". Besides the letters it also has a better t9 function. Search the Market. It works pretty well with 2.1.

That's odd. My 2.1 SGS has the letters...

But try "Dialer One". Besides the letters it also has a better t9 function. Search the Market. It works pretty well with 2.1.

Thanks. I had tried that previously. It has the letters when dialing. But after the call is connected you get the original dialpad that comes with the phone and that only has numbers on it. Have a couple of fiends that have the same phone and the same problem.