Dario93's FroYoMod v2.0 Ultimate! SEPT 28 2011

Guest Dario93

I'm proud to present you this ROM cooked on the Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05 bin. I definitely removed Acer applications (but if you want them i can post the apks) for a lite ROM.

Here's a list of the apps and tools i added:

- Superuser

- Updated Google apps and latest flash player

- Quick boot

- "Pissing Android" bootanimation

- Root explorer

- 3g watchdog

- AdFree (needs to be updated from market)

- HTC IME MOD with calibration tool--not working,take a look in known bugs

- Stream Camera

- GScript

At first boot you can choose beetween these launchers:

- Samsung Touchwiz 3.0

- Default Launcher

KNOWN BUGS:

-HTC IME DOESN'T WORK, try to install this version of HTC IME : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=663608

(if you have other bugs GIVE ME FEEDBACK SO I CAN FIX THEM)

-Video function of Camera doesn't works,only photos can be taken

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.multiupload.com/KX3EI7CA5Y

So,just put into your SD card and flash with malez recovery (The ROM is signed so no problem)

THIS ROM PERFORMS A FULL WIPE,HOWEWER A MANUAL WIPE IS ADVISED

The developer of SetCpu doesn't want his app included in cooked ROMs. You can buy it from the market as a sort of donation to him or download it for free from his xda post : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Phh's OC kernel here---> http://www.multiupload.com/3EB02SLCJT

Scripts for Gscript in attachment!! (thanks to lcr team) :(

Enjoy! :)

Suggestions. If adding more Chinese user support better. Because China now many users..Settings up in Chinese options..thank you.. :)

I didn't know we had a working OC kernel for acer Froyo rom, can anyone confirm this works?

Same here,I didn't know that there is an OC kernel for the Froyo stock rom ! Are you really sure it is working ?

Guest vanisleguy1976
I didn't know we had a working OC kernel for acer Froyo rom, can anyone confirm this works?

Tried it out, phone booted, but then my sd card wasn't detected. Turned off the phone, removed sd, reinserted it, and rebooted. I then experienced my first ever boot loop!

Thank goodness for nandroid restore :-P

To bad! I'm anxious to try overclocking :-(

Guest Dario93
Tried it out, phone booted, but then my sd card wasn't detected. Turned off the phone, removed sd, reinserted it, and rebooted. I then experienced my first ever boot loop!

Thank goodness for nandroid restore :-P

To bad! I'm anxious to try overclocking :-(

I can confirm that OC kernel doesn't work ATM. Btw today i'm going to release new version of the ROM. I'm tryin' to fix Camera bug and removing all the launchers to make you choose your favorite one :) For chinese.. this is a problem of the bin that doesn't have chinese support,howewer,i'll do my best :)

The last thing, can you confirm that wifi works? thanks!

Edited by Dario93

Guest Piter1225
For chinese.. this is a problem of the bin that doesn't have chinese support,howewer,i'll do my best :)

It's not bin's problem (example: xian's CM supports chineese), just the base ROM you port doesn't have it supported.

Edit:

Sorry, i thought it was your Sense port thread :)

Edited by Piter1225

Guest Dario93
It's not bin's problem (example: xian's CM supports chineese), just the base ROM you port doesn't have it supported.

Edit:

Sorry, i thought it was your Sense port thread :)

So this is a bin problem,right? :)

Guest Piter1225
So this is a bin problem,right? :)

Yes, it's a bin's fault, but can be fixed.

The support of additional languages will probably come in LCR-F 1.1, personally I added my native language to Acer's apk's for my personal usage, no problems so far :)

Guest Dario93
Suggestions. If adding more Chinese user support better. Because China now many users..Settings up in Chinese options..thank you.. :)

Maybe in new version there will b chinese support but while you're waiting, i asked in some forums and people suggested me to download from Market the app "Sogou input" or "Touchpal". Make me know if this works!

Guest Dario93
Yes, it's a bin's fault, but can be fixed.

The support of additional languages will probably come in LCR-F 1.1, personally I added my native language to Acer's apk's for my personal usage, no problems so far :)

Thanks for the suggestion then! :)

Man, I was so excited to see OC over froyo leak. I flashed it over my ROM, but like everyone else I found out there is no SD support. Can anyone tell this phh_kernel.zip's history. It's so so close from being made. I think.

Man, I was so excited to see OC over froyo leak. I flashed it over my ROM, but like everyone else I found out there is no SD support. Can anyone tell this phh_kernel.zip's history. It's so so close from being made. I think.

You have to take the init binary from a froyo Acer ramdisk, and make some modifications in the init.rc to fix SD. But it will break SD mounting when you have an Ext2 on SD.

Guest thepasto
You have to take the init binary from a froyo Acer ramdisk, and make some modifications in the init.rc to fix SD. But it will break SD mounting when you have an Ext2 on SD.

Thanks my friend!! I spent a week to try to solve this issue.. I thought I was the wrong, but now i understood it's a kernel issue.. I rewrote vold.fsatb 100 times!!

Thanks my friend!! I spent a week to try to solve this issue.. I thought I was the wrong, but now i understood it's a kernel issue.. I rewrote vold.fsatb 100 times!!

Repack this kernel with an Acer froyo ramdisk should be good :)

Sorry, vache if you are not hinting that on init.rc I mount mmcblk0p1 onto /mnt/sdcard or /sdcard symlink, then I haven't got a clue. I really thought before that mounting of sdcard involves kernel modification.

What I'm also interested is that the init.rc is looking for these framework files: /system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar:/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar

That's why I was interested in it's history because I want to know where these files come from, and are they even useful to froyo leak context.

thanks as always,

joos

Sorry, vache if you are not hinting that on init.rc I mount mmcblk0p1 onto /mnt/sdcard or /sdcard symlink, then I haven't got a clue. I really thought before that mounting of sdcard involves kernel modification.

What I'm also interested is that the init.rc is looking for these framework files: /system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar:/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar

That's why I was interested in it's history because I want to know where these files come from, and are they even useful to froyo leak context.

thanks as always,

joos

phh leave them after trying Desire ROM a long time ago. They can be removed.

Guest Dario93

Many thanks vache ! :)

well, i test it for v.1.1.

good opening bootanimation.

cannot use acer handwriting input. it did not show on keybroad when i hold down to google search and other. :(

cannot use camcorder. force close. :)

but can use wifi normally.

very good thing is acer wiget can use in android mode. :(

how about normally use is?............ :) because same as acer rom....slow!

i willing return to LCR........

but thank you very much to make this rom.

Edited by mmkim

Guest Dario93
well, i test it for v.1.1.

good opening bootanimation.

cannot use acer handwriting input. it did not show on keybroad when i hold down to google search and other. :lol:

cannot use camcorder. force close. :)

but can use wifi normally.

very good thing is acer wiget can use in android mode. :(

how about normally use is?............ :) because same as acer rom....slow!

i willing return to LCR........

but thank you very much to make this rom.

Thanks for your feedback! :( This will make me improve in future releases :(

Hi Dario,

I flashed your ROM yesterday (i was previously running Cyanogen6.1, but it is still a little buggy !).

Here's a feedback after 24 hours running your ROM :

- no probs on install, had to flash the market patch though for the Market to work fine (boot loop after flashing this, but i rebooted without the SD card, then rebooted again, and it's fine now)

- flashed AOSP dialer OK

- flashed the Nexus theme OK (for fun, it doesnt add much to the original theme)

So basically, your ROM is working fine.

I have noticed the following issue (which I encountered with Cyanogen as well) : some widgets keep desappearing and can not but installed anymore once they desappeared (Tweetdeck and Advanced Task Killer for instance, but others as well).

Overall, it's very fast and smooth. Maybe you could keep a native music player in the ROM (installed MiwZing which is working fine).

I prefer it to Cyanogen (although there arent as many tweaks of course) because it's faster and battery life is better with yours.

So thanks for your work, greatly appreciate !

Nico

ps : how do you unistall the Nexus theme without flashing ?!

Guest Dario93
Hi Dario,

I flashed your ROM yesterday (i was previously running Cyanogen6.1, but it is still a little buggy !).

Here's a feedback after 24 hours running your ROM :

- no probs on install, had to flash the market patch though for the Market to work fine (boot loop after flashing this, but i rebooted without the SD card, then rebooted again, and it's fine now)

- flashed AOSP dialer OK

- flashed the Nexus theme OK (for fun, it doesnt add much to the original theme)

So basically, your ROM is working fine.

I have noticed the following issue (which I encountered with Cyanogen as well) : some widgets keep desappearing and can not but installed anymore once they desappeared (Tweetdeck and Advanced Task Killer for instance, but others as well).

Overall, it's very fast and smooth. Maybe you could keep a native music player in the ROM (installed MiwZing which is working fine).

I prefer it to Cyanogen (although there arent as many tweaks of course) because it's faster and battery life is better with yours.

So thanks for your work, greatly appreciate !

Nico

ps : how do you unistall the Nexus theme without flashing ?!

Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy to see that this ROM is working fine :) More tweaks and customizations coming with next version :) BTW, unfortunately there's no way to uninstall the theme without flashing the rom, or the stock theme..so you can ask in the forum if someone has the stock theme and flash it ontop the rom:)