184 replies to this topic

Piercer

Piercer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540

SOS Guys
I try to upgrade like you say above my GT540 but it is stucked with the screen say DOWNLOAD MODE.
I disable the modem from the device manager but now the software updater says PHONE NOT FOUND.
What to do ?
PLEASE quick reply.
Thanks in advance.

Ifixed the problem from before with just removing the battery, so i did the procedure again and....
Different problem now:

On the software updater last step is: Drive C Erase and the updater stop working and closes.

What to do with that?

Piercer

Piercer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Ifixed the problem from before with just removing the battery, so i did the procedure again and....
Different problem now:

On the software updater last step is: Drive C Erase and the updater stop working and closes.

What to do with that?

Added problem :

the phone do not start, it keep flashing the LG logo and closes

Piercer

Piercer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Added problem :

the phone do not start, it keep flashing the LG logo and closes

After some reading i put the phone manually to download mode (Power & Volume down button).
I disable the LG Modem right after i conect with Pc.
i did again the procedure (it took about 30minutes to finish) and everything went fine until the end, then it gave me:

UPGRADE ERROR
WParam :100
LParam : 6

What does it mean? Is my phone ok?

Thank you in advance guys and sorry for the trouble.

Piercer

Piercer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

After some reading i put the phone manually to download mode (Power & Volume down button).
I disable the LG Modem right after i conect with Pc.
i did again the procedure (it took about 30minutes to finish) and everything went fine until the end, then it gave me:

UPGRADE ERROR
WParam :100
LParam : 6

What does it mean? Is my phone ok?

Thank you in advance guys and sorry for the trouble.

Yes it's me again.
My phone is not ok.
Yes it have 2.1 but it doesn;t have a phone dialer and it keeps pomping windows like : Sorry the process com.Android.one has stop unexpectedly. Please try again, and then Force to close

so i will try to download the thing again.

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Do you know that you can edit your posts, right ? You dont have to post a new response every couple of minutes to report something, just edit your post. Anyway if you are capable going into phone settings, Try to do Reset Phone to Factory Defoults. If not, try to reflash it. IF you got so many trouble doing it, im pretty much sure u didnt readed or fallowed everything.

Using: CyanogenMod7 (2.3.5) @ GT540 Swiftdroid2 RC3 by Mur4ik.

Piercer

Piercer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Do you know that you can edit your posts, right ? You dont have to post a new response every couple of minutes to report something, just edit your post. Anyway if you are capable going into phone settings, Try to do Reset Phone to Factory Defoults. If not, try to reflash it. IF you got so many trouble doing it, im pretty much sure u didnt readed or fallowed everything.

Well not everybody knows everything like you propably and this is why i didn't EDIT like you said.
on the other hand if you can not help then don't post reply, leave somebody who can help do it.

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Well not everybody knows everything like you propably and this is why i didn't EDIT like you said.
on the other hand if you can not help then don't post reply, leave somebody who can help do it.

Like i said many times, we dont owe you guys anything. If you need help, be patient... If by advice you get rage attack, I really dont want to get into this, good luck. And if my post sounded like an insult, im sorry for this.

This started to happen a lot lately, you help people, they get angry.

Edited by ilovelg, 15 November 2010 - 02:15 AM.

thugimmortal

thugimmortal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:lg optimus gt540

Why would u need one ? Its explained noob-friendly way. It so easy to flash the phone.
Anyway here u go: http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Thanks for the video link
Just one question if its that easy how come so many people brick the phone lol and what is a noob
Is there any other setting on the phone apart from usb debug and mass storage that can mess the update up. And do you leave the phone on or turn it off thanks again dont worry im not gonna have a rage attack lol

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
1. Leave the phone on.
2. Plug it into back usb ports of pc.
3. Start the update process.
4. Leave the pc and phone alone for 6mins.
5. Go to toilet.
6. ???
7. Profit.

Anyhow, this was explained thausand times :rolleyes: get some self confidece, some cohonnes and do it ! :huh:

Noob = newbie ( rookie )
p.s. i hate that modaco dont have tapatalk support, using this site via phone is headache.

Edited by ilovelg, 15 November 2010 - 04:54 AM.

Piercer

Piercer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Like i said many times, we dont owe you guys anything. If you need help, be patient... If by advice you get rage attack, I really dont want to get into this, good luck. And if my post sounded like an insult, im sorry for this.

This started to happen a lot lately, you help people, they get angry.

Hello again,

I have to say i'm sorry if my message seemed like an attack to you.
It's just there are ppl like me that they are not experts and we try to follow the instructions anybody give but sometimes not everything goes as planned. So since you do want to help be a bit patient with us (stupid in these kind of things).
Finally I have to thank you becouse reseting my factory settings like you said fixed the problem and now my phone works great.

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Hello again,

I have to say i'm sorry if my message seemed like an attack to you.
It's just there are ppl like me that they are not experts and we try to follow the instructions anybody give but sometimes not everything goes as planned. So since you do want to help be a bit patient with us (stupid in these kind of things).
Finally I have to thank you becouse reseting my factory settings like you said fixed the problem and now my phone works great.

Glad to hear that.

thugimmortal

thugimmortal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:lg optimus gt540

1. Leave the phone on.
2. Plug it into back usb ports of pc.
3. Start the update process.
4. Leave the pc and phone alone for 6mins.
5. Go to toilet.
6. ???
7. Profit.

Anyhow, this was explained thausand times :rolleyes: get some self confidece, some cohonnes and do it ! :huh:
Noob = newbie ( rookie )
p.s. i hate that modaco dont have tapatalk support, using this site via phone is headache.

Thanks for your help ive grown some cohonnes and upgraded to the baltic 2.1 i dont know why so many people mess this up you only press 2 buttons lol .

sinto

sinto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

PLEASE PIN THIS, THANKS.

LEGEND:

• How to update from 1.6 to 2.1 ?
  • How to root my 2.1 device ?
    • How to unroot my 2.1 device ?
  • How to insall Apps2SD ?
  • OMG my phone is bricked (dosnt turn on or is stuck on LG screen)! What to do ?!
1. How to update from 1.6 to 2.1 ?
Credits to mixlis for links.
  • Download KDZ Updater English
  • Download 2.1 ROM. All the ROMS are available in THIS THREAD (I Recommend using Baltic ROM)
  • Download LG Android Drivers NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE LG PC SUITE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER YOU CAN SKIP THIS PART.
  • Make sure USB DEBUGGING is turned on in the phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development and turn on USB debugging mode.
  • Make sure MASS STORAGE mode is turned off. Go to Settings > SD card & phone storage and turn off Mass storage only.
  • Make sure your phone battery is full.
  • Make sure you have backed up your contacts. (optional)
  • Connect your phone with USB cable, make sure other side of the cable is pluged into back of the computer. (Some users reported that they were unable to flash theire roms into phone just becouse they used front usb ports).
  • Start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
    • Make sure Type is set to: 3GQCT
    • Make sure PhoneMode is set to: DIAG
  • Load your KDZ(ROM) file.
  • Click Launch Software Update.
  • Now Wait and be patient, it usually takes from 5-10 minutes to upgrade.
  • Enjoy your fresh 2.1 OS.
2. How to root my 2.1 device ?
Credits to joestone for the links.
  • Download 1click root for GT540
  • Excract zip file
  • Make sure USB DEBUGGING is turned on in the phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development and turn on USB debugging mode.
  • Make sure MASS STORAGE mode is turned off. Go to Settings > SD card & phone storage and turn off Mass storage only.
  • Launch root.bat from extracted folder.
  • Now wait and be patient, it should take ~1minute to root your device.
  • The phone should restard after it, when it boots up you will have sucesfully rooted your device.
2.1 How to unroot my 2.1 device ?
  • If you dont wish to have root rights on your phone you can unroot it by launching unroot.bat from extracted folder.
3. How to Install Apps2SD to my 2.1 device ?
Credits to joestone for the links and the guide.4. OMG my phone is bricked (dosnt turn on or is stuck on LG screen)! What to do ?!
So you failed to read the guide and bricked your phone while trieng to flash GT540, heres what you should try to do.

How to repair device if you see only LG logo and nothing else happens when u boot your device up.
  • Make sure you use USB ports that are in back of youre PC, dont use front ones.
  • Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.
  • Try to reflash your phone again, using normal way. You can check How in topic marked as 1.
How to repair your device if it feels like dead. When you click power button nothing happens (Note that this may not work, its only a theory)
  • Make sure you use USB ports that are in back of youre PC, dont use front ones.
  • Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.
  • Try to boot your phone into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER).
    • If the phone booted into Emergency/Download mode, launch KDZ Updater.
    • In TYPE dropdown menu, choose EMERGENCY.
    • Load KDZ(ROM) and flash your phone.
  • If the phone failed to boot into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER), launch KDZ Updater.
    • In TYPE dropdown menu, choose CS_EMERGENCY.
    • Load KDZ(ROM) and flash your phone.
  • If the phone still dont work, take your phone to local LG Waranty service or your Operator which sold you the phone. Tell them that after you turned the phone off, it dosnt seem to turn back on again. And also make some angry face, something like this: >:[ so the girls that work there would be scared and respect you.
TO BE CONTINUED.

I followed this guide from start till end. Of course, it end up like the guide. The phone is now at service centre for repairing. No answer from them if they can fix it or not.

sinto

sinto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks for your help ive grown some cohonnes and upgraded to the baltic 2.1 i dont know why so many people mess this up you only press 2 buttons lol .

Because of different phone, computer, and understanding. This is not math 2+2=4. Hardware may fail; then 2+2=0.

ThornInMySide

ThornInMySide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Worked Good for me! Thanks! B)
I had uninstalled some of the google apps and got lots of errors because of it - the steps to flash worked and so did root method.

Because of the errors the flash failed first time.
I did these additional steps and flash worked:
-Remove SD card and Sim
-Do a factory reset before starting the flash
-Flash as per instruction above
-Format the SD card after flash (Do a backup copy if you must)

All good now and lessons learned as far as not uninstalling too many components

DingIsBack

DingIsBack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 optimus
Tried launching root.bat but "file type not found"

I rooted this phone on 1.6 but cant on 2.1...

Where am i going wrong please?

ThornInMySide

ThornInMySide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Tried launching root.bat but "file type not found"

I rooted this phone on 1.6 but cant on 2.1...

Where am i going wrong please?

all I can suggest is to try running from cmd prompt (Start>Run, type "cmd", then enter path to root.bat e.g. "C:\temp\root.bat")

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Try downloading the archive again. You propably somehow downloaded a broken one.

Aulty

Aulty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:GT540
Have anyone tried the 2.1 Indian rom. is it good or are there any apps missing in it.

DingIsBack

DingIsBack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 optimus
ilovelg...

My phone loves you.... :D

I, however, love you in a manly, slap on the back, well done, here's a pint sort of way.. :P

Was playing around in the root access deleting crap from the system apps (sims... doesnt work anyway plus some other bits) and...

...oops!!

Tried re-installing the apk's
Tried the Factory Reset
Tried LG updater to reinstall

F-all..

Used you tutorial to re-install full OS (carphone warehouse one, thats where the phones from anyway...)

Voila!...

Remember kids..................

Forever Fiddling Finally Fooks Fings up!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :D ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)