• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Norby55

Norby55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 Optimus
Apps2sd didn't work. Still the same internal memory like before. Tried 2 times, like in the tutorial.

kernelerror

kernelerror

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540
Hi all ...
A small question ...
I'm Spanish, I have to put the "Europe Open" or better the "Baltic" ??? :P
The "Baltic" has the Spanish language ??? :P
I'm sorry but I'm new, I have no idea ...

Sorry for the English, is GoogleTrasnsaltinglish ;)

Phone: LG GT540
Rom: EleganceSwift 5.0
Launcher: Go Launcher EX

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Hi all ...
A small question ...
I'm Spanish, I have to put the "Europe Open" or better the "Baltic" ??? :P
The "Baltic" has the Spanish language ??? :P
I'm sorry but I'm new, I have no idea ...

Sorry for the English, is GoogleTrasnsaltinglish ;)

Baltic ROM dosnt have Spanish language.
Use Open Europe.

Using: CyanogenMod7 (2.3.5) @ GT540 Swiftdroid2 RC3 by Mur4ik.

kernelerror

kernelerror

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Baltic ROM dosnt have Spanish language.
Use Open Europe.

Thanks for the quick response..

Ninad

Ninad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks a ton guys ;)

The official LG release and the tool did not work for me... but with this stuff I had 2.1 install in mere 15 mins.

Thanks again! Keep rocking!

mykeday

mykeday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

RESERVED FOR LATER USES.

I have currently installed the baltic black rom on my phone (as this was the one recommended to me), and all appears to be working fine.
But just wondered has anyone tried any of the other roms ??? EG the carphone ware house open uk rom. I ask cause this is the ideal rom for my phone being that I bought it from there and would like to have it set up to its optimal settings. I have noticed using baltic it can have some very minor issues in that it doesn't always default to my location being in england, which can be a bit of a pain.
Any opinions on this would be much appreciate, I realise the roms are all from LG so in all likely hood will be ok, just don't want to reflash it only to find it doesn't work, when the phone is running alright now.

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I have currently installed the baltic black rom on my phone (as this was the one recommended to me), and all appears to be working fine.
But just wondered has anyone tried any of the other roms ??? EG the carphone ware house open uk rom. I ask cause this is the ideal rom for my phone being that I bought it from there and would like to have it set up to its optimal settings. I have noticed using baltic it can have some very minor issues in that it doesn't always default to my location being in england, which can be a bit of a pain.
Any opinions on this would be much appreciate, I realise the roms are all from LG so in all likely hood will be ok, just don't want to reflash it only to find it doesn't work, when the phone is running alright now.

Well the only difference u will feel between them is that u will have more shitty useless apps in Carphone warehouse rom. Well thats propably it :)

DingIsBack

DingIsBack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 optimus

Well the only difference u will feel between them is that u will have more shitty useless apps in Carphone warehouse rom. Well thats propably it :)

True.. but they're not that bad.

I've got the Carphone Warehouse ROM.

Extras are the usual shazam, foursquare, Sims etc...

I've only binned about 6 of them but left most of the other stuff on like Google Maps and the extras.

If you use Apps2SD for all your own stuff it doesnt really matter, I;ve got 101 apps + factory crap and the phone still has loads of space and my SD card has 800Mb spare for apps!!! (3MB in music on the other partition...)

kernelerror

kernelerror

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello everyone.
I just did the firmware update 1.6 to 2.1 ..... Open Europe
I was scared to death to see some posts .... :)
Everything went well .... I'm happy ..... ;)
The steps I followed are:

Modified no paranoia

1 .- Disable i remove the microSD and SIM.
2 .- Backup of personal data.
3 .- Hard reset.
4 .- Disable the device from windows "virtual modem LGE. "
5 .- Follow the steps in the first post of iloveg point by point.
Everything was perfect ....
I installed the rom is Europe Open V20B http://csmg.lgmobile..._00/V20B_00.kdz
Works fine ... :D
Note for the impatient: ;)
Attention Phone restarts 1 time only ... NO TOUCH .... until the KDZ get a message that says "FINISHED === ==="

Thank you very much for your post ia iloveg all for your clarification .... i doubt

Sorry for my English, is Googletransaltinglish ...

Edited by kernelerror, 17 December 2010 - 12:52 PM.

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

1 .- Disable i remove the microSD and SIM.

This is completely Optional, i dont even have a clear idea why did u done that ;)

3 .- Hard reset.

And why did u done hard reset if you was going to get one when u was switching from 1.6 to 2.1 ?

People, stop being paranoid... :/ Its not like you are rewriting soft to your Nuclear Bombs launcher, so it might accidently fly off tu badword russia :)

Edited by ilovelg, 17 December 2010 - 10:45 AM.

kernelerror

kernelerror

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This is completely Optional, i dont even have a clear idea why did u done that ;)
And why did u done hard reset if you was going to get one when u was switching from 1.6 to 2.1 ?
People, stop being paranoid... :/ Its not like you are rewriting soft to your Nuclear Bombs launcher, so it might accidently fly off tu badword russia :)

Yes, you are right, but after reading some post you become paranoid unintentionally.
Still to come all perfect.
Thank you very much for your post.

Dr.Alani

Dr.Alani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:LG-GT540
Hi all,
Thanks to ILoveLG for such an interesting thread. This is my first Android phone so bare with me a little. I have GT540 with 1.6 and Arabic support (V10b). I used the LG upgrade tool to upgrade it to 2.1. The procedure went smooth and the upgrade was finished. Despite that, the phone still has Android 1.6. When I tried to update it again, it keeps saying that you have the latest version (V10c). I checked the phone, and it says android 1.6 and V10c.
I was thinking about using your method to reinstall the V10C ROM into it but I am afraid that the V10C linked to in here does not have arabic support. Has anyone used the V10C Rom, does it have arabic language?
Thanks all.

**** 30 Mins Later *****
I am getting Upgrade Error
WParam 100
LParam 2

Any ideas?

Edited by Dr.Alani, 20 December 2010 - 02:54 PM.

Optimus One LG P500 (and loving it)
Twitter: @mohammedmalani

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Greetings Dr.Alani, and welcome to MoDaCo forums.

The point is that Arabic dont have 2.1 yet, so that means u just updated to newer version of 1.6 ROM. From v10b to v10c, 2.1 Roms have v20 tag.
Neither theres a 2.1 ROM with Arabic language support, so i would suggest you to just flash it with Open Europe ROM. And when the Arabic one comes... simply just reflash it.
Have you fallowed all the points in the guide carefully? Im not familier with this error.

Edited by ilovelg, 20 December 2010 - 05:12 PM.

Dr.Alani

Dr.Alani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Greetings Dr.Alani, and welcome to MoDaCo forums.

The point is that Arabic dont have 2.1 yet, so that means u just updated to newer version of 1.6 ROM. From v10b to v10c, 2.1 Roms have v20 tag.
Neither theres a 2.1 ROM with Arabic language support, so i would suggest you to just flash it with Open Europe ROM. And when the Arabic one comes... simply just reflash it.
Have you fallowed all the points in the guide carefully? Im not familiar with this error.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I followed it carefully. I also tried the Recovery mode too and this did not work either. I had an older LG phone "KM555" that I had the software for and updated some time ago. So, I though there might be some leftovers from the old drivers of the old LG phone. I installed the required stuff written in this thread on another computer that is fresh to LG phones with Windows XP and had the same error also. My previous trial was on a Vista computer.
Anyway, the error did not ruin the phones existing ROM so it can still work.
But you know I can not feel so satisfied until I tickle the 2.1 version. Regarding the arabic support, I need it to read SMS and some webpages like facebook pages of many of my friends. So, is my will to upgrade stronger than the need to arabic support? YESSSS.
I will keep trying to figure out what is the problem.
Since I am new to this, does rooting have to do anything with the update? Do I have to do something else on the phone?

Edited by Dr.Alani, 20 December 2010 - 08:13 PM.

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
I see, USB debugging and Your USB port is pluged into backcase of your PC ? Right ? And try to disable LGE Modem in Device Manager in your PC.

Edited by ilovelg, 20 December 2010 - 08:20 PM.

Dr.Alani

Dr.Alani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
[23:21:51:208] : =============================================
[23:21:51:208] : Log is started on 20.12.2010, at 23:21:51:208,
executable: E:\LG\KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (ProcID: 0x00000d3c),
compile time : Feb 24 2010 11:08:55
[23:21:51:208] : Version :
[23:21:51:209] : Get Usb Port
[23:21:51:226] : rsi.strFriendlyName=LGE Bluetooth TransPort (COM5)

[23:21:51:227] : Remove LGE Bluetooth TransPort (COM5)

[23:21:51:227] : rsi.strFriendlyName=LGE Android Platform USB Serial Port (COM13)

[23:21:51:227] : Remove LGE Android Platform USB Serial Port (COM13)

[23:21:51:227] : rsi.strFriendlyName=LGE Android Platform USB GPS NMEA Port (COM14)

[23:21:51:227] : Remove LGE Android Platform USB GPS NMEA Port (COM14)

[23:21:51:227] : TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR
[23:21:51:227] : ¸Þ½ÃÁö º¸³¿ - TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR Error Code = 2
[23:21:51:269] : Log finished

This is the log I am getting.

Dr.Alani

Dr.Alani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

I see, USB debugging and Your USB port is pluged into backcase of your PC ? Right ? And try to disable LGE Modem in Device Manager in your PC.

I am using a laptop so there is no fron and back actually. lool . Its on the right side.

I did disable it and still the same error.

Edited by Dr.Alani, 20 December 2010 - 08:32 PM.

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Oh, okay, i see. USB Debugging is turned on ? And make sure to Disable LGE Modem in Device Manager (You can find it in Modems section).

Edited by ilovelg, 20 December 2010 - 08:35 PM.

Dr.Alani

Dr.Alani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Oh, okay, i see. USB Debugging is turned on ? And make sure to Disable LGE Modem in Device Manager (You can find it in Modems section).

I have just finished trying all the three USB ports I have with the LGE driver enabled and disabled, and with the USB debugging option enabled on the phone.
Still the same.
It feels like a connectivity problem bcoz the phone ROM is not being affected by these trials.

**** UPDATE *****
I found something in the device manager called "LGSIMODEM01" with a "driver not installed" mark.

Edited by Dr.Alani, 20 December 2010 - 08:43 PM.

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I have just finished trying all the three USB ports I have with the LGE driver enabled and disabled, and with the USB debugging option enabled on the phone.
Still the same.
It feels like a connectivity problem bcoz the phone ROM is not being affected by these trials.

**** UPDATE *****
I found something in the device manager called "LGSIMODEM01" with a "driver not installed" mark.

Hm, i really have no idea what could be wrong, if i were you i would try to install the drivers again(Make sure the phone is not pluged in) also try to do a factory reset in phone and then tick USB Debuging again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users