46 replies to this topic

ReardenSlade

ReardenSlade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Streak
  • Twitter:@RS
I'm having the same problem - Streak stuck on Dell logo, not able to enter fastboot or recovery modes.. While trying to fix a connectivity problem by changing the baseband from 21 to 00, I got stuck with the Dell logo issue.. I was following this thread:

http://android.modac...1-to-00-builds/

I flashed the recovery.stock.new.img, and had the Update.pkg file on the SDcard. When running the restore from Update.pkg, I got stuck with a black screen, after this the Streak wouldnt respond to anything..

I downloaded QDLTool and tried an update.. The Streak is being recognized by QDLTool (and Windows), the ADB drivers are installed, but when I try to run QDLTool I get the below error:

-----
Check Secure Boot is enabled
Streaming hello success
Send Security mode success
Download partition table success
#Download DBL success
#Download FSBL success
#Download OSBL success
#Download DT success
#Download backup FSBL success
Erase EFS2 success
Wait for rebooting ....... ok
Wait for modem set up ......
Wait for ADB device .........
ERROR[D2]: wait ADB fastboot mode timeout!
Please check that device is exist and driver is properly installed.
Download Fail! - 2011/05/21 21:05:03
Elapsed Time: 42.24 sec
-----

After running QDLTool, the Streak atleast responds - but it is not able to enter fastboot mode or recovery..

* Trying to power on the streak (only the power button) results in the Streak being stuck with the Dell logo
* Trying to power on the streak with both the volume buttons pressed (for recovery) or the camera button pressed (for fastboot) results in a black screen.. Once I try this I have to remove the battery, wait for the 1 minute and replace the battery for the Streak to respond further to anything
* The Streak enters the diagnostics mode without any problem, Windows and QDLTool are able to recognize the device when plugged in..

Looks like the device is not dead yet, it's probably in a coma.. :P

Desperately need help.. Any suggestions to what to do next to get it out of the coma?

Niraj Kumar

Niraj Kumar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak

I'm having the same problem - Streak stuck on Dell logo, not able to enter fastboot or recovery modes.. While trying to fix a connectivity problem by changing the baseband from 21 to 00, I got stuck with the Dell logo issue.. I was following this thread:

http://android.modac...1-to-00-builds/

I flashed the recovery.stock.new.img, and had the Update.pkg file on the SDcard. When running the restore from Update.pkg, I got stuck with a black screen, after this the Streak wouldnt respond to anything..

I downloaded QDLTool and tried an update.. The Streak is being recognized by QDLTool (and Windows), the ADB drivers are installed, but when I try to run QDLTool I get the below error:

-----
Check Secure Boot is enabled
Streaming hello success
Send Security mode success
Download partition table success
#Download DBL success
#Download FSBL success
#Download OSBL success
#Download DT success
#Download backup FSBL success
Erase EFS2 success
Wait for rebooting ....... ok
Wait for modem set up ......
Wait for ADB device .........
ERROR[D2]: wait ADB fastboot mode timeout!
Please check that device is exist and driver is properly installed.
Download Fail! - 2011/05/21 21:05:03
Elapsed Time: 42.24 sec
-----

After running QDLTool, the Streak atleast responds - but it is not able to enter fastboot mode or recovery..

* Trying to power on the streak (only the power button) results in the Streak being stuck with the Dell logo
* Trying to power on the streak with both the volume buttons pressed (for recovery) or the camera button pressed (for fastboot) results in a black screen.. Once I try this I have to remove the battery, wait for the 1 minute and replace the battery for the Streak to respond further to anything
* The Streak enters the diagnostics mode without any problem, Windows and QDLTool are able to recognize the device when plugged in..

Looks like the device is not dead yet, it's probably in a coma.. :P

Desperately need help.. Any suggestions to what to do next to get it out of the coma?

Please download STREAKFLASH ( an older version of QDL Tool ) Runs just like QDL. After Streakflash run QDL TOOL. You will be fine.

ReardenSlade

ReardenSlade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Please download STREAKFLASH ( an older version of QDL Tool ) Runs just like QDL. After Streakflash run QDL TOOL. You will be fine.

Thanks for the info Niraj.. Downloading it now - will try it out today evening and keep you posted..!

ReardenSlade

ReardenSlade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for the info Niraj.. Downloading it now - will try it out today evening and keep you posted..!

Hi Niraj - brilliant piece of info.. Worked perfectly, Streak is back in working condition now! Thanks a TON!

ReardenSlade

ReardenSlade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Actually, on second thought, I don't think I would feel good about lying to get it repaired by warranty. I wonder what other options there are.

I've tried entering fastboot and recovery every way I could think of, but it just stays on the dell logo screen. The logo isn't animating or anything either. I couldn't find anybody else on the web who has the same problem as me, so I think it's a lost cause.

It probably just needs a new board. Does anyone know where can I take it for out of warranty repair and how much that would cost? I suppose I could call dell warranty and just fess up that I broke it, maybe they can fix it for less than the cost of a new one. Failing that, I could sell it as a parts phone but I would really like my streak back.

Hi Kire - I had a similar problem, tried with QDLTool and Streakflash (streakdroid.com).. Worked perfectly, now my Streak is back in working condition.. (Thanks to Niraj for his info about Streakflash)

Niraj Kumar

Niraj Kumar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
Nice to hear that your Streaks are working and that I was able to assist.

yurais

yurais

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi there

I have done all of the tricks and am still stuck at dell logo

I used streakflasher it run well via de qualcomm 9002 driver,

I then tried the qdltool from the repairtool package and it fails at waiting for ADB

I checked both the phone and the device manager at computer and there is no sign of Fastboot mode entering or connection.

so it looks like the streakflasher is not flashing properly the fastboor/recovery stuff.

it is a black dell

I was thinking if the internal microsd could be damaged in someway, is there any way to fix this ?  is it replaceable by anotehr microsd\? I have lot of 2GB microsd but I dont know if special partitions has to  be created into the card before putting it into the phone.

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users