Problem with hardware keyboard

Guest GNick

Guest bfree2run
@Thunder141: I flashed your rom but my keyboard issue is still present. I seems I'll have to look for the solution elsewhere.

@everyone: Thnx for your suggestions.

STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE OMNIA 7610 KEYBOARD? ....i have a solution for that.

• 5 weeks later...

I was playing today with AE Button. While checking codes of an individual button I managed to get the "? " ~" characters to appear finally.

It's actually kinda strange.

You've got to press alt + (up, down or left) at the same time (together) without delay and the character will appear.

I cannot resolve at the moment is this problem associated with csc (most probably) or the way windows handles those specific keys.

Edited by madmid

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IlTorvo

I see that many guys have the same trouble whit the hardware layout keyboard, probably because the guide for flashing ROM on Louvre is born for the OmniaPro that havent an hardware keyboard.

So, the fact is that on a multilanguage (XX) CSC there is many different CSC localisations, and every localisation have a lot of language inside. So, when we flash a multiCSC on our phone, we have to pay attention to two form fill in Octans: CSC File Select and Language Select. On my first flashing attempt i just leave CSC File Select on default position (German in my case) and changed the language to my choice (Italian), so, at the end of the flashing i have a perfect Italian device whit (aaarrggghhh) QWERTZ German keyboard layout. I think that many guys have the same problem.

The secret is to leave alone the Language Select form and to scroll the CSC File Select form: every of that CSC have his default language that is show on the Language Select form; so, scroll the CSC file until you see tha language of your choice in the Language Select, than flash.

I think that would great if someone sticky this procedure on the b7610 Collection Thread.

Sorry if this sound like a noob punctualization, and so sorry for my bad english :D

Cheers!

Guest TRXD5000

Hello

I have the same keyboard layout like madmid

I solved the problem downloading this csc file Thunders multi CSC IL4

and choosing there B7610NXENIL4.csc

Now my phone ist in neetherlands but the keyboard layout works perfect.

The next step ist that i am going to try if the layout ist still right if i just change the language.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest XFer012

Hello everyone,

new B7610 user from Italy here.

I have the same keyboard layout of MadMid and the very same problem: some keys are not working ( ? " < > most notably).

I'm using the latest official WM 6.5 ROM (JC2) and would prefer not to install cooked ROMs, because they all lack some things I need.

Is there a final, proven way to fix this issue?

I tried so many CSCs posted in this thread and none worked, plus every time after the flash I have to reconfigure everything which is very frustrating.

I also tried editing the registry as suggested (adding the Locale key and putting my 1039 country code in it), no joy.

Thanks everyone.