What's in it?
- New WM build 23145
- It's in MegaLite and in 6.5.3 (Don't like Megalites because it's too light? Solution? UC Net Portable see below
- WM Sliding lockscreen disabled, replaced with GA (so the sliding one causes mem leaks)
- Replaced Samsung Keyboard with EZ Input
- Added Third party Apps:
NOTE: Call log exe was accidentally deleted in this ROM, please download call log exe here http://www.modaco.co...o...t&p=1468108 and place it in \Windows
HESITANT TO TRY MY MEGALITES BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO LIGHT? SOLUTION HERE
In the first place, some of you ask why do I make MEGAlite ROMs and not just make semi-lite or ROM with just few things removed.
The main reasons are:
1. Obviously, to save some ROM space
2. Speed up the device
3. If the time comes that you decided to modify,update,replace or remove applications/files inside the ROM, you can do it with ease and totally (for it will not regenerate when deleted, because it's not cooked in the ROM). For example, you decide to use Resco Photo Manager than Samsung Photo Album, you can easily and totally remove Samsung Photo Album (because it's not cooked in) and just install Resco Photo Manager. In this way, you saved ROM space in two ways.
But as we have different tastes on how we like our ROMs and what things we want in them, some people label my ROMs too lite or endlessly requesting to add this and that programs to uipcoming release. So what can be possibly done to address our different tastes? Simply by using an app called UC Net Portable
UC Net Portable (serfer222) is based on XDA_UC (by Noonski), which is a simple mortscript app that let's you do device customizations with ease. With this app, you can install cabs and registry or transfer files, automatically or manually into your device. The cab installations and file transfers can be done silently or if you wish, with prompts.
UC Net Portable is cooked in this ROM (also in 23144 versions) so installing your favorite Samsung Apps and other third party apps will be a breeze, so there's no need to fear my MEGAlites
How to use UC Net Portable in this MEGAlite 23145 (also applicable in 23144 version)
For a simple thorough explanation read INSTRUCTIONS A. For Quick instructions read INSTRUCTIONS B
(Remember you can do the steps either before or after flashing)
1. If you download the above rar archive that contains my ROM, inside, you'll notice a folder inside named XDA_UC. If take a peek in the folder, it contains some folders and some of your favorite Samsung Apps
2. Extract XDA_UC folder and transfer it to "My Storage" or "Storage Card", whichever you want to be the "backup"
storage. This XDA_UC folder will serve as the "Sample".
The XDA_UC folder contains:
Daskalos Square Icons
Samsung FM Radio
Samsung Phone Pad
Samsung Touch Clock
Samsung Touch Player
Samsung Widgets Plus
Remember to remove the cabs you don't want to install in the device. You can add other cabs you like
3. Now here are the basic things about what the folder XDA_UC and other included folders to with cabs etc.
"Manual" is a place for all cab files you want install in usual "visible" mode with all questions.
"Copy2Root" is a place for all files and folders that should be automatically copied to device.
"Run" is a place for you self-extracting archives.
"Execute" is a place for you self-extracting archives if you want to continue customization while them working.
Lets start with the basics, we want our favorite Samsung Apps to be installed in the device (like camera and fm radio),automatically and silently, so make sure that the cabs are inside the folder named "XDA_UC". If you have some 3rd party apps you want to install
in the device too, place them in that folder too. Make sure to remove cabs in XDA_UC folder that you don't want to install in the device.
4. Now, go to Programs Menu (assuming you have already flashed my 23144/45 ROMs) and tap UC_NET Customize. At the first time it will ask to fix policy, choose "Yes", then it will ask to Reset, just choose No.
5. It will now open a Sense based gui. Now select where your XDA_UC folder is located (from step 2). Then select ''Customize".
6. Installation of cabs will now run automatically and silently,(you can normally use your device while it's silently installing cabs) after all cabs are completely installed, the app will prompt for a reset. Just choose Yes/OK. Upon restart, your cabs are installed
1. Extract XDA_UC folder included in the rar archive and transfer it to "My Storage" or "Storage Card", whichever you want to be the "backup" storage.
2. Now, go to Programs Menu(assuming you have already flashed my 23144/45 ROMs) and tap UC_NET Customize. At the first time it will ask to fix policy, choose "Yes", then it will ask to Reset, just choose No.
3. It will now open a Sense based gui. Now select where your XDA_UC folder is located (from step 2). Then select ''Customize".
4. Installation of cabs will now run automatically and silently,(you can normally use your device while it's silently installing cabs) after all cabs are completely installed, the app will prompt for a reset. Just choose Yes/OK. Upon restart, your cabs are installed
In the future,if you'll choose my upcoming Megalite ROMs, you don't have to do the above since XDA_UC folder is in already in your My Storage or Storage Card. What you'll just do is to manage cabs in the XDA_UC folder, remove cabs you don't want and put cabs you want in, flash the ROM and after succesfully booting, run UC_NET Customize again.
In this way you can freely choose the apps you want in my Megalites
Edited by daskalos, 08 November 2010 - 06:23 AM.