Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Awesome to see the beta is out!! ;)

I will probably install at some point and try it. I have a question; why did the dev team start writing letters to Samsung in the first place? What would be the point?

Also why has Samsung not let them release the 2D/3G libraries (or whatever it was, my apologies)?

Guest capercb
I must admit this beta is awesome! it runs better than winmo ;) only problem for me till now it's that it freezes every 5 minutes and I have to remove battery :)

-backlight control not working for me

-battery charging sometimes works sometimes doesn't

thank you! that's a nice way for starting the year!

gee i guess your winmo really sucks...I think it a start but not a beta maybe a good alpha ....did anyone have it running for more then 5 to 10 minutes yet ..good work guys keep going ..i would hate to think that the beta was release to soon just to be 1 off the first on the market..some off the bugs that I found are ...phone go into airport mode and connot be switch off..time bugs (never right)crashes when searching for file (music , ect ) ..goes into black screen and will not come out ..freezes up constantly have to pull battery..phone works sometimes ..while talking on phone I lose connection..when called ringer will or won't work.....on so on....sorry to steal your thread eskyo..

Guest dgmorland

server hosting the download is not responding...

any chance the download could be hosted on a service like rapidshare?

EDIT: it finally started responding

Edited by dgmorland

Guest Real_life

Has anyone tried to run this on B7610?

I'm trying it now, i think i've done everything right it always stucks when creting second partition, and then reboots.

If someone with a B7610 already booted it, cool, as i've seen here people with the same problem...

if not, i'll wait for updates

Glad that this project is still up and kickin, congrats to the devs for all this work and for not giving up :)

EDIT: Found out how to start.... even with 2gb free memory on the card (8gb one) it wouldn't let me create the partition....

Formated using samsung settings... done ;)

Edited by Real_life

Guest aerovolce
you could take a look in the log.txt file on internal storage (contains old and new partition info) and see if a partion was created.

if you used the card earlier an other (ext2/3) partition may exist, don't know how phj's install script reacts to that.

Options I can think off:

- get a new uSD card, has stock one big fat part on it and try again

- using a part mgr (eg. partedmagic) delete other parts and extend fat32 again

- using partedmagic livedistro or other linux distro to copy files from ext2.tar.gz to the ext2 part (!! expert !!)

I figured it out. It was because the SD card was formatted with FAT32. Once I reformatted with FAT16, everything went fine and dandy. playing with this baby now. But it's still crashing every now and then too much to be very enjoyable but the progress is amazing!. I hope this projects continues until we have a complete android.

Thank you dev!

the system rebooting. In the case you have an ext2/3 partition on the device, you can skip the above process and just edit the default.txt CMDLINE line the "root=/dev/mmcblkxpy" x and y values according your partition ( see below) and unpack the ext2.tar.gz to that partition ( linux: tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /path_to_partition_mounted/ ). -> We need linux?? impossible at windows?

and...

Not working on 8GB SDHC card ???

Start haret.exe from the My Storage\o2beta directory and press Run. -> kernel panic ;)

sorry for english

Edited by kgp700

the system rebooting. In the case you have an ext2/3 partition on the device, you can skip the above process and just edit the default.txt CMDLINE line the "root=/dev/mmcblkxpy" x and y values according your partition ( see below) and unpack the ext2.tar.gz to that partition ( linux: tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /path_to_partition_mounted/ ). -> We need linux?? impossible at windows?

and...

Not working on 8GB SDHC card ???

Start haret.exe from the My Storage\o2beta directory and press Run. -> kernel panic ;)

sorry for english

I had this error and did the following.

-Copied all files on SD Card to computer

-Formatted the SD card in win mo

-Redid all steps to install Android

-Copied all the files back into SD Card

-Now no more error during partition creation.

Guest voyteckst
please someone mirror the 512mb version, can't access the website ;)

For now mirroring is not allowed. Devs want to know how meny people download beta, but I will ask them.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest dani_carrabba
For now mirroring is not allowed. Devs want to know how meny people download beta, but I will ask them.

yeah i hope they allowing mirror, really want to try this thing ;)

I had this error and did the following.

-Copied all files on SD Card to computer

-Formatted the SD card in win mo

-Redid all steps to install Android

-Copied all the files back into SD Card

-Now no more error during partition creation.

thank you for answer but it's true? not working on SDHC?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/20703/run-a...s-mobile-phone/

I have 4GB microSDHC and it's working. Try to fix Your fat partition under windows.

hm... I have microSDHC 8GB

StorageCard partition to 1GB

and Format partition to FAT(not FAT32)

right?

sorry for english

ext2 format and unpack ext2.tar.gz successful and reboot but

omnia2 automatically convert ext2 -> fat

for that reason kernel panic

Edited by kgp700

Guest kydkylin

Wowwwwwwww, this is really a great news! ;) ;) ;)

But it's so bad that samsung doesn't allow us to make the 2D/3D lib included, which is really important for the Android. ;) :) :D

Running the Android version's "Angry birds" is always a fantacy dream for me.Wish we could find a good way to solve this. :lol:

Anyway, big congratulations and thanks to all the dev team!!!Thank you all for giving our i8000 a brand new life!!! :D :lol: :lol:

Edited by kydkylin

Kernel panc also here, i have greek original rom and storage card in greek. Is this a problem, do i have to rename it? This is my log file attached

Edit: Renamed to my storage and storage card but same problem.

New edit: Renamed card to "Storage Card", formatted it from winmo and everything worked fine. Android booted, managed to connect via wifi. Everything seems smooth.

Thank u devs, worth the waiting.

Edited by vidavi