Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest pessoa

Hi!

About power consumption... Well, i tryed CPUtuner, i've tryed GreenPower and still, on the froyo beta1, the power consumption rate is way over the top for my kind of, er... acess to power outputs...

So, my question is, is the eclair beta a little better on power consumption levels?? Did anybody bother benchmarking this?

Thanks for your time!

Guest greatwiseone

I had significant battery issues, and once I switched the phone part to JJ1, the battery usage is much more manageable. Under my old phone part, the phone basically never slept and as such was using a lot of battery (it would shut down in 7 hours or so). With the JJ1 phone part, I'm able to get a good 12-14 hours out of my phone with some routine usage. With very little usage, I have only used up 30% of my battery life after almost 9 hours of being unplugged. So, I would try flashing the phone part if you are having power consumption issues.

Guest faisad

[completely remove sod problem]

just download and add the file attached to /system/etc (using root explorer). Then reboot your phone. Now enjoy!

the unlock is must faster then before

Note

Just uninstall the call light before copy pasting the file or u will get error message

mount.sh.zip

Edited by faisad

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I had significant battery issues, and once I switched the phone part to JJ1, the battery usage is much more manageable. Under my old phone part, the phone basically never slept and as such was using a lot of battery (it would shut down in 7 hours or so). With the JJ1 phone part, I'm able to get a good 12-14 hours out of my phone with some routine usage. With very little usage, I have only used up 30% of my battery life after almost 9 hours of being unplugged. So, I would try flashing the phone part if you are having power consumption issues.

What part did you change to JJ1?

The WinMo flash, or the one in Android, that is in /sd/Phone_I8000XXJA1.bin?

need help to undestand that please

Guest lol = ^_^

He flashed the WINMO ROM of course!

Guest greatwiseone

Yes, I flashed the Phone part in WINMO. There are plenty of threads telling you how to flash ROM's in WINMO for the omnia i8000.

Guest Extremegmx

just download and add the file attached to /system/etc (using root explorer). Then reboot your phone. Now enjoy!

Note

Just uninstall the call light before copy pasting the file or u will get error message

Is this true ? :o Can somebody confirm if it's working? :D

Guest n4m3less

Note

why? what's change in this file?

Guest carenata750s

Why You just won't check this Yourself?

I did, and it didn't work... 15mins after restarting and SOD. Phone won't wake up. Did exactly as instructed, uninstalled call light, replaced file in system/etc using root explorer then restarted

Previous to this, my phone has been working well, with maybe one or two SOD's per week. Battery life has been good, easily a day or two before full drain. It should also be noted that after restarting the phone again, I tried to make and receive several phone call all of which resulted in drop outs until I reinstalled and started call light...

The only programs I have running on my phone are

Advanced Task Manager

SetCPU

Auto Killer Memory

Call Light

Smooth Calendar Widget

Digital Clock Widget

Edited by carenata750s

Guest faisad

I did, and it didn't work... 15mins after restarting and SOD. Phone won't wake up. Did exactly as instructed, uninstalled call light, replaced file in system/etc using root explorer then restarted

Previous to this, my phone has been working well, with maybe one or two SOD's per week. Battery life has been good, easily a day or two before full drain. It should also be noted that after restarting the phone again, I tried to make and receive several phone call all of which resulted in drop outs until I reinstalled and started call light...

The only programs I have running on my phone are

Advanced Task Manager

SetCPU

Auto Killer Memory

Call Light

Smooth Calendar Widget

Digital Clock Widget

sorry for that but it is working fine for me i was having SOD 3 to 4 times a day after pasting this file i rarely had any

Guest Shadowlord666

I've also tried this new file yesterday and got a SOD a few hours later. So it doesn't seem to fix the SOD problem.

So I've enabled SetCPU again which gives me the best results so far.

Guest faisad

I've also tried this new file yesterday and got a SOD a few hours later. So it doesn't seem to fix the SOD problem.

So I've enabled SetCPU again which gives me the best results so far.

where have you installed the android on SD card or my storage i have installed in my storage and it is working fine

Guest Shadowlord666

where have you installed the android on SD card or my storage i have installed in my storage and it is working fine

I have installed Android on a SD card.

Guest carenata750s

I have installed Android on a SD card.

same, I should have mentioned that earlier... I am installed on sdcard

(for what its worth I had tried an istall on my storage but fround it dog slow compared to sdcard)

Guest carlospaco

I have installed android on my storage , and the file doesn't work for my.

I have unzip it and copy it to system/etc, and overwrite it. But the phone stil dropps of after a few sec without call light.

Guest erikcas

I have installed android on my storage , and the file doesn't work for my.

I have unzip it and copy it to system/etc, and overwrite it. But the phone stil dropps of after a few sec without call light.

I think what was meant in the install description was to uninstall call light because it would lead to an error when the script was transferred to the phone. After reboot I am sure he means that you will have to reinstall it.

I tried to put the file in the /system/etc folder using adb, with call light installed. Rebooted, no error messages. I wonder why call light has to be uninstalled anyway.

Tried this just for testing.

I didn't have any SOD's on my phone since I replaced the phone_blah.bin with the original one from latest B7610 rom which I flashed on my phone (I own a B7610) and changed loadmod to symlink to this one. That was three weeks ago

grtz

Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest voyteckst

Market Fix for WiFi connections.

We found why Market didn't work in newly developed froyo, so I thought I will also prepare patch for older version. Just apply - sometimes twice reboot is needed o2b2update.tar.gz (rename it to o2b3update.tar.gz - I forgot to do this).

I hope I didn't mess anything and signed it with proper key and it will work (please do backup just in case) ;-)

Edit: I suggest to clear dalvik-cache

Edited by voyteckst

Guest enriquedopico

Market Fix for WiFi connections.

We found why Market didn't work in newly developed froyo, so I thought I will also prepare patch for older version. Just apply - sometimes twice reboot is needed o2b2update.tar.gz (rename it to o2b3update.tar.gz - I forgot to do this).

I hope I didn't mess anything and signed it with proper key and it will work (please do backup just in case) ;-)

I already tried on Froyo Beta 1. I renamed your file to o2b3update.tar.gz. I tell you:

- Google accounts disappeared

- Opening Market, this inmediatly closes. I guess because of the above.

Bye

Edited by enriquedopico

Guest voyteckst

I already tried on Froyo Beta 1. I renamed your file to o2b3update.tar.gz. I tell you:

- Google accounts disappeared

- Opening Market, this inmediatly closes. I guess because of the above.

Bye

It's kind strange... I tested it on different version of Froyo, but change wasn't so big... Please clear dalvik-cache and then reboot.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest enriquedopico

It's kind strange... I tested it on different version of Froyo, but change wasn't so big... Please clear dalvik-cache and then reboot.

How do I do this??

Ah! I rebooted 2 times.

Guest lol = ^_^

How do I do this??

Ah! I rebooted 2 times.

You must type this at the Ubuntu terminal

mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd

rm -r /system/sd/dalvik-cache/*

Guest voyteckst

You must type this at the Ubuntu terminal

mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd

rm -r /system/sd/dalvik-cache/*

dalvik cache is in /data, so second command should rather look: rm -rf /system/sd/data/dalvik-cache/*

Guest Agrajag

Hey, folks.

I'm having an issue with SD Card.

Froyo was beautiful, but a few days ago the sd card became invisible in Froyo (as if no sd card is inserted), but is visible (and do all the things that a sd card does) in WM.

I already formatted and replaced the sd card, but nothing.

Ah, I have Froyo installed in My Storage.

Edited by Agrajag