23 replies to this topic

Moody Loner

Moody Loner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire / LiveView
  • Twitter:@@Moody_Loner
Just thought I'd chip in as I've had mine for over a week now and have encountered a lot of the connection issues and buggyness mentioned elsewhere. I'm using a Desire running CM Mod Version: 6.0.2Desire latest stable build.

CONS:
The main things for me are:
BT connection isn't stable. It drops constantly. Just pressing the right shoulder button normally re-connects and it goes for a while before it drops again. It's not a huge deal but it isn't working as intended.

Intermittent responsiveness of the buttons. I have to frequently re-start the device throughout the day (long press on the power button). This is usually because the BT connection has dropped. It's getting more stable the more I use it but it's not perfect.

Battery life - again, it gets better the more you use it but I've had anywhere from 3 hours to 7 hours without having to charge. Nowhere near the 2 days some people are reporting (I update twitter on a 15 min period and RSS hourly). I do play with it constantly so I'm not too worried about this.

Plugins - they seem to work intermittently. The gmail one is great when it works but it's hit and miss.

Phone - I should note that I've had no significant problems with either phone battery life or phone locking up since I started using it. That's not to say there aren't other software glitches since I've installed LiveView but nothing too annoying.

PROS:
Music Player - this is so useful when you don't have to pull your phone out to change tracks etc... It's more convenient than you would imagine

Who's Calling - the only thing you can do is mute the call from the device but for me it's the fact that if my phone is in my pocket on vibrate/silent then I don't miss the call. Probably the most useful function so far for me

RSS - it's just cool reading news feeds on your watch. Period.

Where's my phone - does what it says on the tin

Plugins - there are some great possibilities but the ones now for me are: Contact Call [scroll through your contact list/groups and activate on phone] / Mode Plugin [change phone to vibrate/loud etc..] / Gmail [read mail on watch]
There are a few others others but these are the ones I use on a regular basis

------------
All-in-all I like it a lot but it needs some work by not only SE but also developers to bring out the potential. There will be a firmware upgrade by SE service centre but I couldn't find any other details. Worth the money to mess about with. I use it everyday and will continue to do so as I genuinely like the device. I just hope that some interesting plugins come out or some firmware hacks maybe.

Cheers,

Moody Loner

Edited by Moody Loner, 08 December 2010 - 02:04 PM.

jblz

jblz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
What do you feel is missing in the way of plugins? Anything you feel should be there but isnt?

groot

groot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:LG-P990
I had buy this gadget, but dosent work with 3 google phone.. some problem frezze phone.

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Spotted this the other day...

http://dailymobile.s...iveview-review/

What's the forums thoughts on it? Looks fairly interesting, only £50 so I reckon I'll buy one. I guess it'll live or die on plugins release for it, but I wonder what extra goodness we'll get with rooted handsets

Lol. "only £50", for something that shows what your phone shows, because you're too lazy to pick your phone up?

No thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users