sony ericsson liveview

Guest trstn

Guest Diggedy
I also have one - am wearing it now , any questions ask away ..........

Ive put it in my wish list for christmas, didnt bother dropping hints to the missus I just put a picture in front of her and said "want"

so, is it useable as an everyday watch, ie would you look silly wearing it on your wrist for everyday use? Is it only sportypal pro that works for fitness tracking or are there any other apps working? Whats the battery drain like on your desire whilst its connected, and whats the battery like on the liveview itself?

I have one. Its nice but its not being totally trouble free.

It keeps dropping its connection. It just wont stay connected and updated. On occasion the liveview stops responding to input, or freezes for 20 seconds or so. Sometimes you think its going ok but then it kicks you out of what you were viewing and tries to reconnect, but fails.

Its hard to know whether its the liveview, the liveview app or the Desire that's the problem. Ill try it with my Dell Streak for a day or 2 to see if that's better.

I'm reading some pretty troublesome reports over at a swedish forum about Liveview + Desire.

Seems they don't play nice together at all, unfortunately. Too bad I already ordered one... guess I'll send it right back. It's not lilke I trust SE to fix it any time soon :rolleyes:

More issues. If i try to make the liveview connect to the Desire sometimes its crashes the Desire. It just stops responding for a while, only a battery pull fixes it. Im thinking there is a problem between the Liveview app and the bluetooth on the Desire. Im trying it with my Dell streak today to see if its any better.

It doesnt seem to bother the Desire battery much, but the problems are effecting the Liveview. The battery isnt even lasting one day, its supposed to last 4.

Guest spammyspam

Have any of you tried it with an non-Sense ROM? The stock Desire ROMs have always had dodgy BT issues, and what is being described here happened every time I tried pairing with my car stereo. No problems with Cyanogen though.

Well, its marginally better with the Dell, but only a bit. Is still unstable and loses contact. Its just a bad product that desperately needs a new app and/or firmware.

Guest DariWari
I was considering one for my Desire, but if its dodgy I think I'll hold off!

Anyone using one with a custom ROM have any more luck??

I'm using the Custom Rom (R9) with my desire and i have same issues like the stock Desires....

I think SE will fix it with an App update....

Guest markdotpeters5

Same issues here i"m afraid. Music controls don't work at all (apart from volume up/down), keeps dropping connection and sending stuff to the phone crashes it.

Going back I think!

Guest landwomble
Same issues here i"m afraid. Music controls don't work at all (apart from volume up/down), keeps dropping connection and sending stuff to the phone crashes it.

Going back I think!

Ah, bollocks! I really wanted this to work, despite just *knowing* SE would screw it up in some way...!

HTC Desire, running a rooted 2.2 Sense ROM. I'd be willing to go to Cyanogen if it'd work though. Music playback control is the killer feature for me and looks lik it doesn't work?

Guest DougEdey

I've got mine coming, and Paul has linked to the SDK, I'll be working on the Music control stuff when it arrives so I wouldn't recommend getting rid just yet...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Moody Loner

Just thought I'd chip in as I've had mine for over a week now and have encountered a lot of the connection issues and buggyness mentioned elsewhere. I'm using a Desire running CM Mod Version: 6.0.2Desire latest stable build.

CONS:

The main things for me are:

BT connection isn't stable. It drops constantly. Just pressing the right shoulder button normally re-connects and it goes for a while before it drops again. It's not a huge deal but it isn't working as intended.

Intermittent responsiveness of the buttons. I have to frequently re-start the device throughout the day (long press on the power button). This is usually because the BT connection has dropped. It's getting more stable the more I use it but it's not perfect.

Battery life - again, it gets better the more you use it but I've had anywhere from 3 hours to 7 hours without having to charge. Nowhere near the 2 days some people are reporting (I update twitter on a 15 min period and RSS hourly). I do play with it constantly so I'm not too worried about this.

Plugins - they seem to work intermittently. The gmail one is great when it works but it's hit and miss.

Phone - I should note that I've had no significant problems with either phone battery life or phone locking up since I started using it. That's not to say there aren't other software glitches since I've installed LiveView but nothing too annoying.

PROS:

Music Player - this is so useful when you don't have to pull your phone out to change tracks etc... It's more convenient than you would imagine

Who's Calling - the only thing you can do is mute the call from the device but for me it's the fact that if my phone is in my pocket on vibrate/silent then I don't miss the call. Probably the most useful function so far for me

RSS - it's just cool reading news feeds on your watch. Period.

Where's my phone - does what it says on the tin

Plugins - there are some great possibilities but the ones now for me are: Contact Call [scroll through your contact list/groups and activate on phone] / Mode Plugin [change phone to vibrate/loud etc..] / Gmail [read mail on watch]

There are a few others others but these are the ones I use on a regular basis

------------

All-in-all I like it a lot but it needs some work by not only SE but also developers to bring out the potential. There will be a firmware upgrade by SE service centre but I couldn't find any other details. Worth the money to mess about with. I use it everyday and will continue to do so as I genuinely like the device. I just hope that some interesting plugins come out or some firmware hacks maybe.

Cheers,

Moody Loner

Edited by Moody Loner

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest glossywhite

Spotted this the other day...

http://dailymobile.se/2010/09/28/sony-eric...iveview-review/

What's the forums thoughts on it? Looks fairly interesting, only £50 so I reckon I'll buy one. I guess it'll live or die on plugins release for it, but I wonder what extra goodness we'll get with rooted handsets

Lol. "only £50", for something that shows what your phone shows, because you're too lazy to pick your phone up?

No thanks.