Apps2SD Not working

Guest AerospaceMango

Guest AerospaceMango

Ok...so I re-flashed my 540 to the CPW ROM, and rooted the phone....

I also followed the instructions for Apps2SD, but it doesn't seem to have worked....

Just trying to download something from AppBrain, and it says insufficient memory.....Therefore, the 500Mb partition is not working properly!

Any ideas?

Should I try to re-do the Apps2SD???

:rolleyes:

Guest ASY9650

Joestone's (I think that's his username :S) method NEVER worked for me despite several attempts. The method that worked for me was the original one, yes, it may not have as many functions as Joestone's but for me, it works and that's all that counts. I would suggest reformatting the Ext2 partition as well, that's what I did before using the old method.

Here's the original post ;

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...2sd-was-here-d/

I couldn't get Joestone's method to work on my Quarx ROM despite about 9 attempts and 6 reflashes...

Not major, as I used the original one and it worked perfectly for me.

Guest AerospaceMango
Joestone's (I think that's his username :S) method NEVER worked for me despite several attempts. The method that worked for me was the original one, yes, it may not have as many functions as Joestone's but for me, it works and that's all that counts. I would suggest reformatting the Ext2 partition as well, that's what I did before using the old method.

Here's the original post ;

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...2sd-was-here-d/

I couldn't get Joestone's method to work on my Quarx ROM despite about 9 attempts and 6 reflashes...

Not major, as I used the original one and it worked perfectly for me.

Thanks ASY....I'll give it a whirl when I get home.....

And let you know later!!

Guest ASY9650
Nope....still no joy on this.....and fast running out of internal memory!

Damn, if you have the time, maybe, relflash with the memory card not inserted. Then reformat the EXT2 format again before popping the card back in. Enable root, enable the original APPS2SD. That's what I did after Joestone's method went wrong for me.

Guest AerospaceMango
Damn, if you have the time, maybe, relflash with the memory card not inserted. Then reformat the EXT2 format again before popping the card back in. Enable root, enable the original APPS2SD. That's what I did after Joestone's method went wrong for me.

Tried to reflash....but the ROM would not go on....Still got the original CPW 2.1 build, that I flashed on, last week.

Looked at the sd card, and made sure all was right on there (It is!) But still no Apps2SD....

Think I'll just leave it, and give up on it!!!

Guest ASY9650
Tried to reflash....but the ROM would not go on....Still got the original CPW 2.1 build, that I flashed on, last week.

Looked at the sd card, and made sure all was right on there (It is!) But still no Apps2SD....

Think I'll just leave it, and give up on it!!!

Ahhh that sucks.

I can imagine partly how frustrating you must find this :rolleyes:.

Guest AerospaceMango
Ahhh that sucks.

I can imagine partly how frustrating you must find this :rolleyes:.

I sat there, last night, getting ready to reflash, but even then, there was something stopping it.

I was using the Russian KDZ, so couldn't read what it said....

Got the UK one, and tried again, but it gave me an error with a parameter.....I thought that that would brick the phone, but it just came out of download mode, and carried on....

Still haven't re-flashed it, and don't know whether I can/will!