ambient light sensor

Guest hugokris

Guest calemon

My bad... I'll chime in as well.

I was going hardcore on the Desire ROM until I discovered it randomly would not come out of screen blank mode - one time when I completed a phone call and another one when I left it hooked up overnight.

Is this what you are referring to or is it different?? I really would like to sort it out because I've been pleased with HTC's improvements (but still like my hardcore stock feel as well).

Thx!

Hi folks... Is there a way of getting the ambient light sensor to work, on a modaco desire rom?

Thanks... Sorry if it was already answered....

Guest hugokris
My bad... I'll chime in as well.

I was going hardcore on the Desire ROM until I discovered it randomly would not come out of screen blank mode - one time when I completed a phone call and another one when I left it hooked up overnight.

Is this what you are referring to or is it different?? I really would like to sort it out because I've been pleased with HTC's improvements (but still like my hardcore stock feel as well).

Thx!

I think that´s the proximity sensor... I was talking about the ambient light sensor, the one that evaluates the ambient light values and adjusts the screen brightness, when set to auto... This feature doesn´t work on this desire rom...

sorry my english

Edited by hugokris

Guest MikeDaGeek
I think that´s the proximity sensor... I was talking about the ambient light sensor, the one that evaluates the ambient light values and adjusts the screen brightness, when set to auto... This feature doesn´t work on this desire rom...

sorry my english

I thought the proimity sensor and the ambient sensor were one and the same and they used programming (while in a call and if the ambient light level goes below X Then ....) to override one function or another ....

and to the working not working aspect .... hummmm haven't looked into it as I use a set value to save as much battery as possible ...