• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Abra Cadabra

Abra Cadabra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
For me it was a very very close call between the Desire Z and the Venue Pro. I just love the idea of the Dell form factor but not sure how well it works in actual use. Eventually it came down to WP7 being a v1 from Microsoft and the Venue Pro being a v1 from Dell being too much of risk for me. I will probably get a WP7 (Probably the next iteration of the venue pro) at some point in the future.

feelmychi

feelmychi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
In the end, I think I'm going to be getting an HTC Mozart :rolleyes:

T-mobile Pulse (Huawei U8220) running Tom G's Cyanogen Mod 6
HTC 7 Mozart! Soooooooo much better than ^ =]

feelmychi

feelmychi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Thank you all for helping though!

T-mobile Pulse (Huawei U8220) running Tom G's Cyanogen Mod 6
HTC 7 Mozart! Soooooooo much better than ^ =]

PrakashDavid

PrakashDavid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I've been planning to buy a Desire Z and was going to do it by next week but now I'm a bit confused whether I should get the Z or the Desire S!!! Having used the Orange SF for a while, I believe I can do without a physical keyboard but feature wise I would really like to know what I'll be missing or gaining if I get the Desire S (other than the physical keyboard/front facing camera). I need to make a decision by this weekend. Please help!!! I'm still leaning towards the Z since I've heard the latest android update will be out for the Z by this month (April). P.S. I'm purchasing the SIM free version from either Amazon or Play and for £321 on Amazon for the Z it's a steal!!!

Edited by PrakashDavid, 12 April 2011 - 11:41 PM.

LambOfGod

LambOfGod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Modded Phones:
    T-Mobile Pulse Mini: 2.2.2
    T-Mobile Pulse/U8220: 2.3.1
    G1: 2.1.1 CM5
  • Devices:Pulse 2.3.1, Pulse-Mini 2.2.2

I currently have a T-mobile Pulse, so you'll probably all run at me screaming "get one! It blows the pulse out of the water!". However, the best value I can find (although it's still f'ing expensive!), is with a 24 month contract. I need to be sure, that in going with one, I'm not going to be kicking myself next year when Android 100.5 'Meso soup' comes out and Google say: "Sorry Desire Z owners, you need a fireball-catalyst-super-giga-snaps-faster-than-Bruce-Lee-dragon processor to run our latest operating system. Oh, and did we forget to mention - it's the best reiteration yet, with 999999999999 new features, and can communicate directly with your brain so that you don't even need to physically do anything to use your phone! In fact, it'll even make you a cup of tea with its latest ability!. Oh, and it runs 10000000% faster than our previous releases!".

You get what I mean. Help me! XD

Alex

LOL im in the same boat, have a pulse, but i broke the glass on the front, so have the pulse mini as a replacement.. god damn phones so expensive tho =[ desire z i seen around 350-400, but over ebay 250... but do i trust an ebay phone.... hmm

Do your WALLET a favour... SAY NO TO iPHONE!

My Contribution:
Android Zip Signer (windows)
DevDroid Aim: Aid Developers/Users[Multi-platform] (WORK IN PROGRESS)
Modded Phones:
T-Mobile Pulse Mini:--- 4.0.3 Sky
T-Mobile Pulse/U8220:-- 2.2.1 CM7 TXG

Samsung Galaxy ACE:---- 2.3.7 GingerBlue
Samsung Galaxy S2:----- 4.0.4 Resurrection Remix 1.4 w/ SiyahKernel3.1rc6

csr_cafc

csr_cafc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

LOL im in the same boat, have a pulse, but i broke the glass on the front, so have the pulse mini as a replacement.. god damn phones so expensive tho =[ desire z i seen around 350-400, but over ebay 250... but do i trust an ebay phone.... hmm

You can pick one up sim free brand new for 265 from amazon or ebuyer.

Benjit1

Benjit1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Desire Z

You can pick one up sim free brand new for 265 from amazon or ebuyer.

Managed to wangle a Desire Z on Voda in UK, 12month contract, phone was £80 on £20p/m 600mins, ult texts, 500mb data & 50mms plus vodafone passport. Got that in December and can upgrade from Nov, think I'll go for the HTC Sensation then, keyboard is handy on the Z, but does make it quite a heavy phone@180grams.

frenchy77

frenchy77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Nokia 5530, OSF/Blade

Managed to wangle a Desire Z on Voda in UK, 12month contract, phone was £80 on £20p/m 600mins, ult texts, 500mb data & 50mms plus vodafone passport. Got that in December and can upgrade from Nov, think I'll go for the HTC Sensation then, keyboard is handy on the Z, but does make it quite a heavy phone@180grams.

hey benjit1,

how did you wangle this one..? i am coming up for a renewal with vodafone at the end of next month and cannot seem to get this deal :D the best i can see is £35 p/m and £80 upfront - big :D

how have you got on with the Z..? i am currently mod'ing my zte blade/san francisco and planning to use that on giffgaff until i can get a sweet deal.

tc

Speculatrix

Speculatrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:HTC Doubleshot

seems like a pretty good deal.

you've committed to a total price over 2 years of £20 * 24 + £80 = £560.

the equivalent sim-only from voda is £20.50/month, 24 months is £492.. but after £121 cashback* this is £371

price off contract is £265, so with 24 months of the above sim-only, the equivalent cost is £636.

* http://www.topcashba...one_-_personal/

if you want to sign up with topcashback, please consider using this referral link :-)
http://www.topcashba...ref/speculatrix

ste1164

ste1164

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Phones & biomed related things :)
  • Devices:HTC One
  • Twitter:@ste1164
I got mine when the carphonewarehouse were selling the stock. £200 for a unlocked and unbranded device isnt bad ;)

Br1an_g

Br1an_g

Not a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:golf, cars, gadgets
  • Devices:HTC One x on 3
  • Twitter:@Br1an_g
I'm pondering picking one of these up sim free but concerned about going from my desire 1ghtz to the z 800 processor.
Ive been doing a lot more emailing recently for work and think the hardware keyboard would he useful . Plus I've had my desire for nearly 2 years so want something new...
Any thoughts on performance differences between desire and desire z?
Tia.

Posted on the move

Posted Image

Br1an_g

Br1an_g

Not a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:golf, cars, gadgets
  • Devices:HTC One x on 3
  • Twitter:@Br1an_g
Had a wee play with this is carphone last night and wasn't hugely impressed with the hinge. Top screen seemed quite loose. Everything else was nice and I liked the feel of the keyboard. Pretty responsive as well as standard. Jury is out on the purchase decision....

Posted Image

Speculatrix

Speculatrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:HTC Doubleshot

WP7 is a 'beautiful' OS and I can see it becoming a major player in the not too distant future

Steve Ballmer, is that you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users