Unrooting - Unbranding - Bug

Guest armagedoom

Guest armagedoom

Hello:

I recently rooted my HTC Desire, and although im generally happy with it, It has a bug I cant bear with (I describe the bug in the last part of the post).

What I would like is to flash it with an original Android debranded firmware, I dont mind if I have to pay the 20$ to unlock it, could someone point me please to a good guide to do so? (Been searching for a while and cant find anything reliable....)

Thanks a lot!!

I will now try to describe the bug as best as I can, which I found the last 2 versions (at least) of modaco for desire have:

I have an audiobook player which is the most used app for me, and I cant stand without it. It worked prefectly back with the last Android I had, but once I rooted it and installed Modaco SO, the timer stopped working right, and it will loose sinc with the actual min in which it should be playing,which is very anoying in big audio files, and I need that feature back.

I also found (and I think it might be related) whenever I come back to home screen, the clock will show the last time I checked it, then it fast will switch to actual time, but I guess that lack of continuous sincronization could be the problem.

The clock will always act like that, its been that way in all versions of Sense on the Desire

As for a ROM to flash, what version are you running on at present? And what HBOOT are you on?

Edited by EddyOS

Guest StuMcBill
random note:

Stu, you typo'd your radio version in your sig?

You are correct! :rolleyes:

I will change it!!

Random Note:

I sent you a PM on XDA yesterday re Dolphin Browser,did you get it?

/Thread Hijack :huh:

Guest armagedoom

The player is called "Audio Book Player"

The web page is this one:

http://audiobookplayer.no-bull.se/

But it stopped working just after I rooted/installed modaco on my desire.

I even donated 10 bucks to the autor coz I love this app, I contacted him for support, and he asked me about my android version then I told him I had it rooted and then he didnt answer me again :huh:

The Ironic part is that I rooted to get Froyo, because orange wont put the upgrade here in Spain, and I only want to use the free app I donated, but i cant....

Thx for your time hehe :rolleyes:

Edited by armagedoom

Guest StuMcBill
The player is called "Audio Book Player"

The web page is this one:

http://audiobookplayer.no-bull.se/

But it stopped working just after I rooted/installed modaco on my desire.

I even donated 10 bucks to the autor coz I love this app, I contacted him for support, and he asked me about my android version then I told him I had it rooted and then he didnt answer me again :huh:

The Ironic part is that I rooted to get Froyo, because orange wont put the upgrade here in Spain, and I only want to use the free app I donated, but i cant....

Thx for your time hehe :rolleyes:

I assume you have tried a full reset, re install of the app, run from Phone memory, run from SD card etc?

Guest armagedoom
I assume you have tried a full reset, re install of the app, run from Phone memory, run from SD card etc?

Yes, and did that twice (one for each of the 2 latest versions of Modaco for Desire, and with several versions, the one with additions and the one without them).

:rolleyes:

Guest StuMcBill
Yes, and did that twice (one for each of the 2 latest versions of Modaco for Desire, and with several versions, the one with additions and the one without them).

:rolleyes:

Ok, in order to suss out what software for you to flash, you will need to provide some more info, as Eddy said above (Rom you are currently running, Original Rom which was on the phone and HBOOT version).

Also, was it branded when new?

Guest armagedoom

Yes sorry, I misunderstood that,thought u were talking between each other.

I am currently using:

Android version:2.2

Base brand version: 32.47.00.32U_5.10.05.23

Kernel Version:2.6.32.15-gf9c0527 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

SoftwarE: Modaco Custom Rom r9 for the HTC desire (without additions)

And I truly dont know which version I had before, I know i didnt have Froyo and that it was branded (orange Spain) and not much more.... I didnt make any backup before rooting..... :rolleyes:

Uh, and the HBOOT version is this one: 0.80.0000

Radio-5.10.05.23

As i told you, I dont mind to have an unrooted phone as long as it has froyo on it :huh:

Thanks again!!

Guest StuMcBill
Yes sorry, I misunderstood that,thought u were talking between each other.

I am currently using:

Android version:2.2

Base brand version: 32.47.00.32U_5.10.05.23

Kernel Version:2.6.32.15-gf9c0527 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

SoftwarE: Modaco Custom Rom r9 for the HTC desire (without additions)

And I truly dont know which version I had before, I know i didnt have Froyo and that it was branded (orange Spain) and not much more.... I didnt make any backup before rooting..... :rolleyes:

Uh, and the HBOOT version is this one: 0.80.0000

Radio-5.10.05.23

As i told you, I dont mind to have an unrooted phone as long as it has froyo on it :huh:

Thanks again!!

You might want to try the rom that Eddy has linked to here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=830139

!!HOWEVER!!!

I am not 100% sure what this will install (HBOOT wise) so you would maybe be better waiting till someone with more knowledge of the subject comes along, or ask Eddy?

Stu

Guest StuMcBill
It has HBOOT 0.93, which obviously can be rooted :rolleyes:

Oops, I forget that everything can be rooted now! Doh! :huh:

But if he gets a goldcard he should be good to install that rom and get unbranded Froyo right?

Would've helped to know the original software version on the phone (people should really learn to check this before rooting - should be on all rooting threds to check your existing ROM and see if there is an RUU...) but yeah just make a gold card in case and off you go - if you're unbranded it'll work regardless of GC but if not the GC will allow it to install

Edited by EddyOS

(people should really learn to check this before rooting - should be on all rooting threds to check your existing ROM and see if there is an RUU...)

Yea and people should write it down in a txt file (like I did). But they shouldn't delete that said file by mistake (like I did). :rolleyes:

Guest armagedoom

Hi again:

I wold like to confirm with you guys the rom you are refering to is this one (the post you mentioned doesnt link directly to any rom), id like to be sure and not going to brick it...

PB99IMG_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.2_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_151

83_signed.zip

Is that good?? Thx! (Got everything ready, just a click ahead of flashing it B))

If you're going to use that ROM then you need to rename it PB99IMG.zip, copy it to the sd card and turn the phone on whilst holding volume down to get to HBOOT. Then just follow the instructions

Edited by EddyOS

Guest armagedoom

Ok, finally got the zip in the SD (after a hard problem with neither windows or the phone recognizing the SD, solved by formatting the sd from the phone).

When I try to install, the installation fails because of "wrong CID".

I have tried several ways, and i used this tutorial step by step several times:

http://www.tuandroid.com/crear-goldcard-para-htc-desire/

And I allways get CID incorrect... Im stuck in that last step, that even happens after checking the IMG and saying its ok...

This is being hard

B)

Edit: Can it be due to the space of the sd card?? (4gb)

Edit2: Just bought a 2gb sd card, ill try with it and report back!

Edited by armagedoom

Guest armagedoom
Ok, finally got the zip in the SD (after a hard problem with neither windows or the phone recognizing the SD, solved by formatting the sd from the phone).

When I try to install, the installation fails because of "wrong CID".

I have tried several ways, and i used this tutorial step by step several times:

http://www.tuandroid.com/crear-goldcard-para-htc-desire/

And I allways get CID incorrect... Im stuck in that last step, that even happens after checking the IMG and saying its ok...

This is being hard

B)

Post edit: Could it be due to the size of the SD card?? (4 gb)

Edit2: I just bought a sd with 2gb and ill try it with it, ill post the results when done.

Edited by armagedoom

Guest armagedoom

Ok, just did the process to get the goldcard with the new sd card, and got the same results: CID incorrect!!

Here are the steps I follow, where is the error....

* I get the cid code from the SD via the command adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:*/cid

* I reverse the CID via this web: http://hexrev.soaa.me/

* I get that code to generate an image in this web: http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard

* I use Hex editor, and i follow the steps to save as goldcard (copy the img over the oppened SD)

After i have my goldcard ready, I copy the image (which is correct, since the error i get is "wrong CID code" after it has checked the image.

So where am I failing at the CID code getting?? Thx again for the help!!

Guest armagedoom

Finally got it!!

I suspect the problem I was having is that the CID is case sensitive, I was using caps for every letter....

Btw I used this program (the atached one) to make things easier for me.

And the ebook player still has the same bug, so I unrooted for nothing, and now i cant go back to my modaco rom, but Im happy anyway with android SO B)

Thx for all the help!

Edit: Ok, thought I couldnt haha... well I will leave the phone alone for a while, im ok by the moment, but once again, thx :)

GoldCardTool.exe

Edited by armagedoom