Orange San Francisco Unlocking & Debranding

Guest PrakashDavid

Guest PrakashDavid

Hi, I'm new to Modaco and am so glad that I found it 'cos I've ordered the Orange San Francisco for a great price (£89). Your forums are very helpful to easily understand things. Once I get my phone, I want to debrand it and unlock it as well. If I debrand it first, will it cause any problem while unlocking? Should I unlock first and then do the rebranding? do they really affect each other in any manner? I'm asking 'cos I can unlock the phone slowly but would like to debrand it asap but if it is safe to unlock it first, then I'll do that straight away. I'm planning to debrand it using the steps given by 'Xeyaztian'. Would that do fine? I guess it should. I've also found that I should activate the PayG SIM that comes with the phone to unblock it from Orange network because I will be using my existing rolling contract 3GSIM on it. Thanks for all the answers and guides. This is a great site!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ashley1
Hi, I'm new to Modaco and am so glad that I found it 'cos I've ordered the Orange San Francisco for a great price (£89). Your forums are very helpful to easily understand things. Once I get my phone, I want to debrand it and unlock it as well. If I debrand it first, will it cause any problem while unlocking? Should I unlock first and then do the rebranding? do they really affect each other in any manner? I'm asking 'cos I can unlock the phone slowly but would like to debrand it asap but if it is safe to unlock it first, then I'll do that straight away. I'm planning to debrand it using the steps given by 'Xeyaztian'. Would that do fine? I guess it should. I've also found that I should activate the PayG SIM that comes with the phone to unblock it from Orange network because I will be using my existing rolling contract 3GSIM on it. Thanks for all the answers and guides. This is a great site!!!

Hi

I am also new to Modaco and have just purchase and received the Orange San Francisco handset. i have just unlocked the handset and would like to de brand this from the orange rubbish. I am not knowledgable on DOS and tried running some of the commands I found online with no luck. I was wondering if someone could direct me to a detailed step by step site to explain exactly how to do this from DOS. Obviously if there is a windows based way to debrand please please let me know. Where can I find the steps provided by Xeyaztian?

Thanks

Ashley

• 2 months later...