Photo

[ROM] 10/Nov r6: de-bouyguesed ROM for ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

jonathonf

jonathonf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
Hmm... I have the same problem. AndRoot won't root it either (fails, fu guu~~). I'm going to try a wipe.

--edit
Nope.

$ adb remount
remount failed: Operation not permitted

Which bootloader do you have flashed?

Edited by jonathonf, 11 November 2010 - 08:46 PM.

ZTE Blade (main): CM7 nightly
HTC Hero (backup): Cronos Gingerbread 1.8.0 w/ADW
Dell Axim X51v (for shiggles): WinMo 6.5 Extdi
Want a GiffGaff SIM with £5 extra credit? Just PM me or >order from here<.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404

Hmm... I have the same problem. AndRoot won't root it either (fails, fu guu~~). I'm going to try a wipe.

--edit
Nope.

$ adb remount

Which ROM are you using I just tried it with the r6_de-oranged_lite and it was fine... I've not tried the bouyguesed one just yet tho...

jonathonf

jonathonf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Which ROM are you using I just tried it with the r6_de-oranged_lite and it was fine... I've not tried the bouyguesed one just yet tho...

The de-bouyguesed one from this thread! :rolleyes:

Just tried flashing ChainsDD's Superuser 2.3.6.1, just a sec...

--edit
Nope, same thing, though now I have the superuser app.

--edit2
You know, I don't think adb remount etc. have ever worked for me... I remember something about something like a "ro.secure" setting... time for Google.

Edited by jonathonf, 11 November 2010 - 08:54 PM.

ZTE Blade (main): CM7 nightly
HTC Hero (backup): Cronos Gingerbread 1.8.0 w/ADW
Dell Axim X51v (for shiggles): WinMo 6.5 Extdi
Want a GiffGaff SIM with £5 extra credit? Just PM me or >order from here<.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

--edit
Nope.

$ adb remount

Oh, it seems the De-Bouyguesed ROM still has ro.secure set... opps... glad it was just a beta :rolleyes:

The De-Oranged ROM is set correctly tho...

Edited by Sebastian404, 11 November 2010 - 08:57 PM.

MDCFan

MDCFan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:N/A
Installed r6 and it seems that i get more signal bars (actually, 4 out of 4). I guess it is correct, because every other phone shows full bars here.

Rooted with androot and everything works as expected.

So far, so good.

I am selling my perfect condition OLED San Francisco here

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Didn't think I was complaining! I didn't explore all of the possibilities I admit, and based much on Titanium Backup not working. Much apologies for any offence caused. I'm sure I'll give it another try sometime soon before eating my words...

Part of the problem with the Orange ROM is that as stock it did not come with a xbin's directory, which can cause problems for some root aplications, as it puts the SU into there... thats why there is a sudo addon for the rom..

with r6 onwards I've included a AOSP version of xbin directory which should help things, but as far as Im aware ALL of the de-oranged ROMS have been root-able.

weba

weba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (San Francisco)
I assume then that when i installed the Superuser binary it had no effect, didn't create an xbin dir, or just installed incorrectly. I'm curious to give your de-Bo ROM a try, I guess the same issue doesn't exist there?

My Blade rocks:
Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS6 (Vanilla) by KonstaT
Highly recommended: Launcher Pro, SwitchPro, Autostarts, Titanium Backup, Callend Vibrate, ColorNote, FeedR, QuickPic, DiskUsage, Jorte, Minimalistic Text, Seesmic, Root Explorer, Llama, Font Changer, Opera 11, LBE Privacy Guard, Elixir2.

donkey523

donkey523

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:pulse, san francisco

--edit
Nope.

$ adb remount

i got the same message but ithen tried to root again and the second time it said it was rooted

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
OK, the FAT version of the ROM is now up.

I've checked the Lite and Fat version, they are boot rooted 'out of the box', anyone having problems... see a doctor

Just Wondering

Is this rom based on 2.1 or 2.2 ?

ty

gambieter

gambieter

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Gallant Duo, Desire

I've checked the Lite and Fat version, they are boot rooted 'out of the box', anyone having problems... see a doctor

I have tried it on my rooted SF (UK), and after R6 lite it was not rooted according to Titanium. Installed Androot, Busybox, rooted it, Superuser, and then Titanium. First time it ran fine, then the next start it complained again about not getting root access.

As to me the WiFi issue would be the only reason to swap, I have gone back to my backup of Modaco R4.

But thanks for the efforts, much appreciated! :rolleyes:

RichBayliss

RichBayliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@richbayliss
Sebastian,

Do you know how to change the menu item colors to match the standard AOSP colors?

This would really smarten the build up.

weba

weba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

I have tried it on my rooted SF (UK), and after R6 lite it was not rooted according to Titanium. Installed Androot, Busybox, rooted it, Superuser, and then Titanium. First time it ran fine, then the next start it complained again about not getting root access.

As to me the WiFi issue would be the only reason to swap, I have gone back to my backup of Modaco R4.

But thanks for the efforts, much appreciated! smile.gif

Same here, tried the de_Bo ROM, no root prompt after asking for su in adb shell, Superuser binary wouldn't install (CWM's fault I think, "bad" zip), so I'm restoring MCRr4. Will be following progress on this though.

Edited by weba, 12 November 2010 - 12:31 AM.

My Blade rocks:
Highly recommended: Launcher Pro, SwitchPro, Autostarts, Titanium Backup, Callend Vibrate, ColorNote, FeedR, QuickPic, DiskUsage, Jorte, Minimalistic Text, Seesmic, Root Explorer, Llama, Font Changer, Opera 11, LBE Privacy Guard, Elixir2.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

But thanks for the efforts, much appreciated! :rolleyes:

You've installed 2 different root applications? At the same time?

I've never used titanium, it maybe an issue with that, I will look into it I guess

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Sebastian,

Do you know how to change the menu item colors to match the standard AOSP colors?

This would really smarten the build up.

Which menu colours? In settings?

Shonk

Shonk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
the zte taskmanager doesnt work with this it fails on a full restore or manual install

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad
Hi again Sebastian,

I've been messing with my own blade ROM also based on the French rom and you need to put su in /system/xbin or it will be invalidated on the next boot. Also remove the /system/etc/customize folder to unlock all languages.

All work fine for me except some apps that uses the google maps framework. I haven't tried your ROM but I've tried pauls R4 and it have the same problem. The thing is that exactly the same apps force close on my Huawei U8100 if I enable JIT. I'm starting to suspect that the ZTE eclair ROMs are JIT enabled but adding dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast to build.prop doesn't help.

Blog - App

ArcticFox

ArcticFox

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Wrong, i just flashed both fat and lite and trying to use titanium backup or vm heap tool they both complain about not having root. Ive tried adb shell and su and nothing happens.

Edited by ArcticFox, 12 November 2010 - 09:11 AM.

weba

weba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Hi again Sebastian,

I've been messing with my own blade ROM also based on the French rom and you need to put su in /system/xbin or it will be invalidated on the next boot. Also remove the /system/etc/customize folder to unlock all languages.

All work fine for me except some apps that uses the google maps framework. I haven't tried your ROM but I've tried pauls R4 and it have the same problem. The thing is that exactly the same apps force close on my Huawei U8100 if I enable JIT. I'm starting to suspect that the ZTE eclair ROMs are JIT enabled but adding dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast to build.prop doesn't help.

Dude where's your ROM? :rolleyes:

My Blade rocks:

RichBayliss

RichBayliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@richbayliss

Which menu colours? In settings?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear :rolleyes:

I mean, if you're in an app and hit the Menu button, then menu is dark with light text. Standard Android has a light grey menu with dark text (like the notification bar)

Do you know how to change this, or how I can change it myself before flashing?

Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users