Photo

[ROM] 10/Nov r6: de-bouyguesed ROM for ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad

Sorry, I wasn't very clear :rolleyes:

I mean, if you're in an app and hit the Menu button, then menu is dark with light text. Standard Android has a light grey menu with dark text (like the notification bar)

Do you know how to change this, or how I can change it myself before flashing?

Rich

It's most likely in framework-res.apk, I'm currently trying to restore it to standard but I haven't done any theme:ing before so I may be looking in the wrong place. I'll report back and post my framework-res.apk here when/if I succeed.

Blog - App

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Edited by kallt_kaffe, 12 November 2010 - 03:43 PM.

Blog - App

RichBayliss

RichBayliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@richbayliss

It's most likely in framework-res.apk, I'm currently trying to restore it to standard but I haven't done any theme:ing before so I may be looking in the wrong place. I'll report back and post my framework-res.apk here when/if I succeed.

I thought the same as you - but all the XML in the APK is compiled. I am also looking at ways to just replace the APK with a standard eclair one... but this tends to bugger the phone :rolleyes:

My aim is to also get a vanilla ROM as much as possible, lets hope we can get there together...

El Nino9

El Nino9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
a few questions to Sebastian404 and anyone that can answer, maybe even paul :rolleyes:

the baseband is slightly different in the bouyguessed.
correct me if i am wrong, this is the radio?
where can i get hold of the radio image as it is not available in any of the roms as i would like to flash this? i would do it via fastboot, no problems there. but how to i get hold of the radio image?

this is mainly to sebastian, could you not use the apns..list from cyanogens rom because its huge. i mean people all over the world will be getting this phone shortly so wouldn't that make more sense? i know you are going for the "stock" approach but its just a suggest. a huge apn list wont make it less stock would it :huh:
just trying to be newb friendly as possible because people panic they have no internet, usually if its their first android phone.

oh!dougal

oh!dougal

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Devices:DX2 FroYo San Francisco

the baseband is slightly different in the bouyguessed.
correct me if i am wrong, this is the radio?
where can i get hold of the radio image as it is not available in any of the roms
as i would like to flash this? i would do it via fastboot, no problems there. but how to i get hold of the radio image?

"Baseband" refers to the radio sub-system carrying phone and data to (and from) the mobile network.

The "FM radio" (for listening to broadcasts, nothing to do with 'baseband') has not been in Seb's recent roms. It doesn't function for Seb in the USA and some people believe (curiously) that the mere presence of the program causes a non-measured performance drop.
However it IS supposed to be in all the "fat" versions ...

Edited by oh!dougal, 12 November 2010 - 10:16 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404

Wrong, i just flashed both fat and lite and trying to use titanium backup or vm heap tool they both complain about not having root. Ive tried adb shell and su and nothing happens.

they are all rooted from the off, titanium backup's error message is VERY misleading.. I've tested it out and the problem is not that the phone is not rooted, but that its not got the EXACT version of us titanium is expecting..

There also seems to a be bug with titanium backup that means once your ran titaniums backup get the error, then let SuperUser download the latest su binary it still wont recognize the phone as rooted untill you reboot/wipe the user data.

Titanium Backup has some pre-requests, a particular version of SU in /system/xbin and noshufou's version of SuperUser has to be installed before you run it....

Edited by Sebastian404, 12 November 2010 - 11:15 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Sorry, I wasn't very clear :rolleyes:

I mean, if you're in an app and hit the Menu button, then menu is dark with light text. Standard Android has a light grey menu with dark text (like the notification bar)

Do you know how to change this, or how I can change it myself before flashing?

Rich

Ahhh, your right, I've played with so many Android devices I'd not spotted that, thanks for pointing it out...

I've produced an update zip for both of my ROMS that will 'fix' that issue, it also includes the new Android Market Update...

http://www.podtwo.com/android/beta/

Let me know if your happy :huh:

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

"Baseband" refers to the radio sub-system carrying phone and data to (and from) the mobile network.

The "FM radio" (for listening to broadcasts, nothing to do with 'baseband') has not been in Seb's recent roms.

This is exactly right, also there is (as far as I know) no way read the radio baseband out of a phone, so we'd need a carrier to release an update... Orange are apparently working on an update for the phone, but Im not sure it will come with a baseband update..

It doesn't function for Seb in the USA

And even if it did, Id not really want to listen to the sort of stuff they play on FM out here.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

this is mainly to sebastian, could you not use the apns..list from cyanogens rom because its huge. i mean people all over the world will be getting this phone shortly so wouldn't that make more sense? i know you are going for the "stock" approach but its just a suggest. a huge apn list wont make it less stock would it :rolleyes:
just trying to be newb friendly as possible because people panic they have no internet, usually if its their first android phone.

There are a number of places who have collated an APN list, Ive never bothered, but then I caught myself merging the UK and France one for the Bouyguesed ROM...

End Users can manually insert the APN into the phone via the settings menu..

RichBayliss

RichBayliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Ahhh, your right, I've played with so many Android devices I'd not spotted that, thanks for pointing it out...

I've produced an update zip for both of my ROMS that will 'fix' that issue, it also includes the new Android Market Update...

http://www.podtwo.com/android/beta/

Let me know if your happy :rolleyes:

Sebastian,

I have just wiped and reflashed the r6 de-orange lite, then straight away flashed the update1. Wanted to feedback my thoughts for you:

1) Menu background color is spot on, but the text/icon/lines are too light grey, they are darker grey on AOSP.
2) Market works fine, downloaded Angry Birds over Wifi (started on GPRS) and no issues for me. Also showed my previous purchases fine etc.

Overall, this a great ROM, congrats!

Rich :huh:

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

1) Menu background color is spot on, but the text/icon/lines are too light grey, they are darker grey on AOSP.

Thanks for the feedback... I'll look into that more, I took the menu settings from an AOSP rom and just overwrote them.. probably something else lurking around somewhere

RichBayliss

RichBayliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Thanks for the feedback... I'll look into that more, I took the menu settings from an AOSP rom and just overwrote them.. probably something else lurking around somewhere

I also noticed, whilst in the menu on Browser - hit menu, select "More" and that menu is quite messed up. Looks like text is white on transparent background or something weird. Long hold an entry turns it black + white (black background) so I think its prob linked.

I also saw this in any selection lists in the settings menu (ringtone selection etc)

Could you PM me with the way you changed it? I have spent all day googling for it but came up dry. I would like to be able to fix these minor issues and pass them back to you, if you'd like. Extra pair of hands etc.

Rich

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

I also noticed, whilst in the menu on Browser - hit menu, select "More" and that menu is quite messed up. Looks like text is white on transparent background or something weird. Long hold an entry turns it black + white (black background) so I think its prob linked.

I also saw this in any selection lists in the settings menu (ringtone selection etc)

Could you PM me with the way you changed it? I have spent all day googling for it but came up dry. I would like to be able to fix these minor issues and pass them back to you, if you'd like. Extra pair of hands etc.

Rich

It would seem that ZTE have changed two files..

res/drawable/menu_selector.xml
res/values/styles.xml

They seem to of taken this line:

<item name="background">@null</item>

Out of the Theme.IconMenu style and inserted this one into the menu_selector

<item android:drawable="@drawable/screen_background_dark" />

Which I find very Odd.

Then they have replaced the definition of TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item with an empty one

It should be:

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
		<item name="textColor">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>
	</style>

and then finally they edited the definition of Theme.ExpandedMenu, it should be:

<style name="Theme.ExpandedMenu" parent="@style/Theme">
		<item name="listViewStyle">@style/Widget.ListView.Menu</item>
		<item name="windowAnimationStyle">@style/Animation.OptionsPanel</item>
		<item name="background">@null</item>
		<item name="itemTextAppearance">?textAppearanceLargeInverse</item>
	</style>

You can look at the definition of the themes in Android to see these for yourself..

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
Hi Sebastian, didn't know you where also working on the menu color, but anyway, here's what I've done so far, seems OK too me but I may have missed something.

http://www.mediafire...41niu27acug14wd (propably needs a wipe after install to avoid FC's)

Blog - App

RichBayliss

RichBayliss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Thanks guys - Im just testing the update now.

leetron1

leetron1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Devices:Ascend Y300 (Orange Blade)
Kendon just released a ROM based on the Frenchy:

http://www.villainro...deVillain-1.0.0

Seems pretty decent with A2SD included..what do folks think>>

gambieter

gambieter

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Gallant Duo, Desire

they are all rooted from the off, titanium backup's error message is VERY misleading.. I've tested it out and the problem is not that the phone is not rooted, but that its not got the EXACT version of us titanium is expecting..

There also seems to a be bug with titanium backup that means once your ran titaniums backup get the error, then let SuperUser download the latest su binary it still wont recognize the phone as rooted untill you reboot/wipe the user data.

Titanium Backup has some pre-requests, a particular version of SU in /system/xbin and noshufou's version of SuperUser has to be installed before you run it....

Hi Sebastian, thanks for testing this. So does this mean Titanium cannot be used on that ROM, or am I missing the point? Or is the second sentence the solution? Thanks for your help, much appreciated! :rolleyes:

gambieter

gambieter

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Gallant Duo, Desire
Oops, double post due to connection gremlins, apologies :rolleyes:

Edited by gambieter, 14 November 2010 - 08:24 PM.

Pully

Pully

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:Arc S running KXP AOKP

Kendon just released a ROM based on the Frenchy:

http://www.villainro...deVillain-1.0.0

Seems pretty decent with A2SD included..what do folks think>>

If you have installed it - What are the UI glitches that are mentioned & did it solve the wifi disconnect issues for you?

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

If you have installed it - What are the UI glitches that are mentioned & did it solve the wifi disconnect issues for you?

Interested in the same thing... Also, is Wifi really fixed now ? Else I don't see a reason to switch ROMs

ZTE Blade - UK Version - OLED Screen
GEN1 - Cyanogenmod 7.0.0 Stable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users