[ROM] 10/Nov r6: de-bouyguesed ROM for ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
1) Menu background color is spot on, but the text/icon/lines are too light grey, they are darker grey on AOSP.

Thanks for the feedback... I'll look into that more, I took the menu settings from an AOSP rom and just overwrote them.. probably something else lurking around somewhere

Guest RichBayliss
Thanks for the feedback... I'll look into that more, I took the menu settings from an AOSP rom and just overwrote them.. probably something else lurking around somewhere

I also noticed, whilst in the menu on Browser - hit menu, select "More" and that menu is quite messed up. Looks like text is white on transparent background or something weird. Long hold an entry turns it black + white (black background) so I think its prob linked.

I also saw this in any selection lists in the settings menu (ringtone selection etc)

Could you PM me with the way you changed it? I have spent all day googling for it but came up dry. I would like to be able to fix these minor issues and pass them back to you, if you'd like. Extra pair of hands etc.

Rich

Guest Sebastian404
I also noticed, whilst in the menu on Browser - hit menu, select "More" and that menu is quite messed up. Looks like text is white on transparent background or something weird. Long hold an entry turns it black + white (black background) so I think its prob linked.

I also saw this in any selection lists in the settings menu (ringtone selection etc)

Could you PM me with the way you changed it? I have spent all day googling for it but came up dry. I would like to be able to fix these minor issues and pass them back to you, if you'd like. Extra pair of hands etc.

Rich

It would seem that ZTE have changed two files..

res/drawable/menu_selector.xml

res/values/styles.xml

They seem to of taken this line:

<item name="background">@null</item>
Out of the Theme.IconMenu style and inserted this one into the menu_selector
	<item android:drawable="@drawable/screen_background_dark" />
Which I find very Odd. Then they have replaced the definition of TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item with an empty one It should be:
	<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
<item name="textColor">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>
</style>[/code] and then finally they edited the definition of Theme.ExpandedMenu, it should be:
[code] <style name="Theme.ExpandedMenu" parent="@style/Theme">
<item name="listViewStyle">@style/Widget.ListView.Menu</item>
<item name="windowAnimationStyle">@style/Animation.OptionsPanel</item>
<item name="background">@null</item>
<item name="itemTextAppearance">?textAppearanceLargeInverse</item>
</style>

You can look at the definition of the themes in Android to see these for yourself..

Guest gambieter
they are all rooted from the off, titanium backup's error message is VERY misleading.. I've tested it out and the problem is not that the phone is not rooted, but that its not got the EXACT version of us titanium is expecting..

There also seems to a be bug with titanium backup that means once your ran titaniums backup get the error, then let SuperUser download the latest su binary it still wont recognize the phone as rooted untill you reboot/wipe the user data.

Titanium Backup has some pre-requests, a particular version of SU in /system/xbin and noshufou's version of SuperUser has to be installed before you run it....

Hi Sebastian, thanks for testing this. So does this mean Titanium cannot be used on that ROM, or am I missing the point? Or is the second sentence the solution? Thanks for your help, much appreciated! :rolleyes:

Guest Freekers
If you have installed it - What are the UI glitches that are mentioned & did it solve the wifi disconnect issues for you?

Interested in the same thing... Also, is Wifi really fixed now ? Else I don't see a reason to switch ROMs

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Sebastian, didn't know you where also working on the menu color, but anyway, here's what I've done so far, seems OK too me but I may have missed something.

http://www.mediafire.com/?41niu27acug14wd (propably needs a wipe after install to avoid FC's)

Thats cool, did you find any other changes apart from the ones I mentioned above?

Guest leetron1
If you have installed it - What are the UI glitches that are mentioned & did it solve the wifi disconnect issues for you?

Yes, i installed this today..was on the German 2.2 ROM..wanted to get back to something that just worked. Can't vouch for the wifi..really only use 3G because of my home setup, though a trial I did maybe suggest a boost to signal strength over other ROMs I've installed.

UI glitchs entirely due to hardware acceleration being switched on..turned off over adb and they all disappeared.

Really like the Villainrom 'evil' red android boot image with 'Bladevillain' written below, too.

I'm happy with the ROM but would love to hear the opinions of those not so green in the ways of the android!!

Edited by leetron1

Guest leetron1

An update to fix the UI glitches has been posted..it seems largely due to the expertise of the singular Paul..what a hero>>

Just flashed update..works a treat..accel back on>> :rolleyes:

Edited by leetron1

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thats cool, did you find any other changes apart from the ones I mentioned above?

select_dialog_multichoice.xml

select_dialog_singlechoice.xml

list_menu_item_layout.xml

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

btw, I just realized yesterday that the French rom leaves /system mounted in rw by default... :rolleyes: Wonder if there is a reason for it or if it was left that way by mistake.

From init.rc:

on nand

mkdir /system
mkdir /data 0771 system system
mkdir /persist 0771 system system
# Mount /system rw first to give the filesystem a chance to save a checkpoint
mount yaffs2 mtd@system /system
#mount yaffs2 mtd@system /system ro remount
mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev
mount yaffs2 mtd@persist /persist nosuid nodev[/code]

Guest Nick Rhodes

Currently trying this rom and still getting my usual WiFi issue.

Left my phone over night (not plugged in), WiFi did not reconnect.

Apart from this seems another solid rom, one improvement I see with this rom over the modaco or deoranginited is predictive text working with stock keyboard and is rather slick.

Edited by Nick Rhodes

Guest Freekers
Do I need to leave the zip files on my sd card?

I'd backed up my apps to my sd card using on the fly - how do I get them back onto the phone please?

No.

On the fly ? Not titanium backup ?

Guest jonesian

Couldn't get titanium to work - it kept saying it wasn't rooted, but I thought I'd rooted it to apply all this stuff?

I gave up in the end and just grabbed what I could.

Guest RHodgett

I installed the fat version and the phone is hanging when starting up at the android logo.

The MD5 checksum was correct.

Edited by RHodgett

• 3 weeks later...
Couldn't get titanium to work - it kept saying it wasn't rooted, but I thought I'd rooted it to apply all this stuff?

I gave up in the end and just grabbed what I could.

Hi.. I am also having this problem. I really want to back up my apps, sms etc but can not get titanium backup to work because of the root issue. Can someone please advise??

Guest Sebastian404
Hi.. I am also having this problem. I really want to back up my apps, sms etc but can not get titanium backup to work because of the root issue. Can someone please advise??

Check the Known Issues on the first page...

Or use ClockworkMod's backup/restore