109 replies to this topic

SozzaSinnian

SozzaSinnian

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X

The kitchen has the locations app back, the prebake will be updated in due course. Nothing else should be missing?

P

I would have to flash back to check to be honest as I have only had my phone a little over a day and most of that has been running your rom on it! lol

It was just with the post earlier that the location app was missing, I wondered if your rom had been taken from a non sim free unit. Not to worry, just wanted to offer some help back if you needed the missing bits but seems you have it covered :rolleyes:

Life is like a coin, you can spend it anyway you like but you can only spend it once.

sonofabit

sonofabit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

The kitchen has the locations app back, the prebake will be updated in due course. Nothing else should be missing?

P

Everything is there now. Complete ROM. Would be nice to get the OC kernel, notification fix (the light stops flashing after a few minutes) and trackpad wake.

Abra Cadabra

Abra Cadabra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Running it for almost a day now and absolutely no problems. Feels like an r10 not an r1 :rolleyes: .

Thanks!

Looking forward to having stock contacts/dialer option available at some point. :huh:

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Changelog

15/Nov r1
  • Prebake updated to include 'Locations'.
12/Nov r1
  • Initial Release

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
Changelog

15/Nov r1
  • Prebake updated to include 'Locations'.
12/Nov r1
  • Initial Release

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

Gawain1986

Gawain1986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Paul,

When you get around to it... would it be possible to add settings to the kitchen for disabling the 270 degree rotation and the boot sound?

Thansk a bunch!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
Forgot to mention in the initial post that this ROM is de-odexed!

P

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
Forgot to mention in the initial post that this ROM is de-odexed!

P

Posted Image

DanWilson

DanWilson

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Trololololololololol
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z // HP Touchpad
  • Twitter:@PARTAYDan

Locations installed to /system partition
This option includes the HTC Lock Screen.

This might be in all your Sense threads.
:rolleyes:

HTC Desire Z - Something CM9 ish - giffgaff
HP Touchpad - AOKP? I dunno (ICS) // webOS // Debian - 30MB Interwebz

I should still be a mod. #JustSayin.

foxfire235

foxfire235

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Audiovox 5600
Is there not an option for USA english?

SozzaSinnian

SozzaSinnian

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Anyone know how we would go about hiding the clock on the taskbar? I have seen update.zips going around for other roms for this purpose. Still don't understand why HTC or Google don't include this as an option for when you have a clock on your home screen...

Life is like a coin, you can spend it anyway you like but you can only spend it once.

jdschrock

jdschrock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile G2
Alright so I've only just rooted my G2 with Visionary r13, and successfully gained perm root and S-off. So thank you very much for all the hard work on that. I also went ahead and flashed your MCR with Sense, and that also worked flawlessly. I'm really enjoying the UI. Here is where I've hit a bump in the road though. In going through the process of installing the MCR I was also checking out the work of CyanogenMod, as I have used their ROMs before. You both had the same directions with the exception of yours not needing me to wipe my system or having a seperate file for google apps. The long and short of it is that I did in fact do a Nandroid backup, wiped my device, and installed your MCR. The ROM works well as a whole, but I find myself unable to restore my backed up apps with no working app manager/market. I understand that HTC Likes is meant for app downloads but it continually force closes whenever I try to install something. What's more is that I seem to have lost the Clockwork Recovery, and can't reboot into recovery to reistall the ROM or switch to a different one. Any idea to the source of my problem here? Again I do appreciate all the hard work, and apologize for the length of my post. I just wanted to be concise with my information. Thank you in advance for any help you or anyone else can provide.

DimensionFX

DimensionFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thanks again Paul B)

Having problems flashing ClockworkMod to install this... I have used r12 to get perm root, then used Rom Manager from the market to supposedly install ClockworkMod but I still don't have a custom recovery :)

I've also tried another guide to get S-Off but had no luck there either. I am usually ok at these things but can't seem to get anywhere with this...

Searched around and tried everything I can find. Could someone please point me to a working guide to follow?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out, was having a blond moment...lol Took a step back and let everything sink in I had been reading and it clicked :)

I have the same problem! What can I do?

SozzaSinnian

SozzaSinnian

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

I have the same problem! What can I do?

For the HTC Desire Z follow THIS guide

For the G2 follow THIS guide (I haven't personally used this one as I have the DZ)

B)

DimensionFX

DimensionFX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

For the HTC Desire Z follow THIS guide

For the G2 follow THIS guide (I haven't personally used this one as I have the DZ)

B)

this how to I found too... but i think I'm to stupid for that :-D I cannot find the directory for the first two files /data/local/

Edited by DimensionFX, 19 November 2010 - 01:30 PM.

SozzaSinnian

SozzaSinnian

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
It doesn't sound like you have the Android SDK installed to me. Download it from HERE then extract it to your C drive so it looks like C:\AndroidSDK

Install the Sync software that came with your phone if not done already so that you have the drivers ready.

On your phone go to: MENU > Settings > Applications > Development and make sure USB Debugging is on.

Plug your phone into USB and let it install the drivers. Once it has installed click on START > RUN and type "cmd" without the quotes then press ENTER.

Now you want to type the following pressing ENTER after each line:

cd\
cd AndroidSDK\tools\
adb devices

You should see the serial number of your phone appear on the screen, your now ready to follow the guides linked to above by typing the commands in them into the cmd window here B)

OriginalGabriel

OriginalGabriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Is anyone else having issues with the md5 not matching up?

I've downloaded the file three times now, all with 78BE0F18226D84AB80E26461ACE00162

ruph

ruph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The G2 and Desire Z have a slightly different key mapping for the Keypads. The TAB and Symbol sign have different functions for example. Is it possible to get the stock G2 keymapping with Sense UI?

The ROM works wonders on my G2 aside from the Keypads. Thanks!

AlThePost

AlThePost

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Hero, Desire Z, Galaxy S2
  • Twitter:@AlBremner
Thanks Paul, works a treat. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Z. B)

Samsung Galaxy S2/Orange UK
Forum Mod - Android Forums
@AlBremner

GPTom

GPTom

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
is it anyhow possible to awake the desire z via the button on the front?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users