komos

komos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:galaxy s nexus one
  • Twitter:@zourman

Thanks for the update Paul.

A couple of issues. Getting SU force closes as mentioned by others.

Also unable to install ROM manager off market. Downloads but won't install.

Otherwise all seems ok so far.

a couple of su fc's for me too
thanx anyway paul

wvn

wvn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire / Blackberry 9700
Were the fc a fluke, or still present? Cannot decide whether to flash.

a couple of su fc's for me too
thanx anyway paul

kyhwana2

kyhwana2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Were the fc a fluke, or still present? Cannot decide whether to flash.

They're still present if you try to use more than one app that needs root.
If you run TI backup first, that'll work fine, but if you try to run adfree, su will crash unless you clear out su's data cache.

sandrome

sandrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:S4
They seem to have found a solution to the su issue on XDA. Here is the link: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=886999

kyhwana2

kyhwana2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

They seem to have found a solution to the su issue on XDA. Here is the link: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=886999

That works for me :unsure:

Is there any OC support in this ROM?

alt236

alt236

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Are protected apps missing from the market for anyone else, after the update?

For example I cannot find Note Everything Pro.

havocnl

havocnl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Also working here! Paul update the SU binary and program in you kitchen/prebake please :D

What OC kernel you guys think is the best to go with this ROM? Seeing that it has the stock kernel?

havocnl

havocnl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Are protected apps missing from the market for anyone else, after the update?

For example I cannot find Note Everything Pro.

hmm also can't find note everything pro (never used it btw)... Anybody else missing something?

sandrome

sandrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What OC kernel you guys think is the best to go with this ROM? Seeing that it has the stock kernel?

Don't use pershoot kernel. Video playback stopped working for me. I haven't used any other so I don't know if there is one that works with this rom.

thelankygeek

thelankygeek

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend P6
Hi Guys,

How do we revert back to stock boot animations it says its an option when listing features?

Cannot see the option when selecting what I want in my baked rom?

Dan

thelankygeek

thelankygeek

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend P6
No worries,

Figured it out.. I have also noticed that cannot pickup protected apps on the market.

RockPlayer is missing, although I have managed to install the apk manually.

Market also takes a while to start up? anyone else notice that?

Armani G

Armani G

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anyone else having a problem trying to change the ringtone of the phone in the Sound Settings right when you select "Phone Ringtone" it force closes
Also the same in the Text message sound settings! But not in the sound settings for G-mail.. I think I had this problem with the first build of this rom!

Hope there is a fix soon!

cwalton4077

cwalton4077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:t mobile g2
ok i just flashed this r2 rom and i do love it. but it seems that im not rooted it keed sayin that me super user faild and i cant gain root access. i tryed to turn it on by holding the valume down and the power butten to see if it still says s off but it wont do any thing. i hold them down and nothing happens so i let go and it just turns back on. can any one please help me

cwalton4077

cwalton4077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Flashed the r2 sense. I lobe it but I just found out that I can't send picture messages. I tried to send one like 20 did times and they all fails to send. I can up load to Facebook but not mms. Is there a up date I need? Has anyone had this problem?

Edited by cwalton4077, 17 January 2011 - 11:30 PM.

cwalton4077

cwalton4077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
[quote name='cwalton4077' date='Jan 16 2011, 18:49' post='1563875']
Flashed the r2 sense. I lobe it but I just found out that I can't send picture messages. I tried to send one like 20 did times and they all fails to send. I can up load to Facebook but not mms. Is there a up date I need? Has anyone had this problem?
[/quote

okay it keeps saying generic network failure every time I try to send a picture message since I flashed. Pleas help me.

vincedoggy

vincedoggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
  • Twitter:@no
After flashing the baked rom my desire z have no ringtones and rom manegers is force close.
Anyone has these problem?

graffixnyc

graffixnyc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I had an issue last night after I installed your rom. I have a perm rooted G2 with S-off. I installed the rom, then installed an OC kernel on XDA http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=847672

Everything loaded fine, When I tried to install setcpu and it prompts you for SU permissions superuser will force close. In term Emulator if you type in SU I get permission denied but there is a superuser icon in my app drawer. So do I have to reroot this after I install the rom? because it doesnt seem like it's rooted since I got the permission denied error in term emulator and superuser crashes every time it requests SU privileges

edit: Nevermind.. I read above.. sorry. I've been reading the forums so much I didnt see the answer right under my nose.. I'm new to Android coming from being a crackberry user for 5 years.. before my G2 got to my doorstep I had read alot about rooting, ocing, custom roms and the first thing I did when I got it out of the box was root it and loaded a custom rom :) Now that I went Android I dont know why I didnt do it sooner :lol: To think I was so afraid to give up my blackberry.. but after I got my G2 it was like "black what?

Edited by graffixnyc, 25 January 2011 - 07:16 AM.

El Nino9

El Nino9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

ok i just flashed this r2 rom and i do love it. but it seems that im not rooted it keed sayin that me super user faild and i cant gain root access. i tryed to turn it on by holding the valume down and the power butten to see if it still says s off but it wont do any thing. i hold them down and nothing happens so i let go and it just turns back on. can any one please help me

have you updated the super user app? i ChainsDD has updated it using the market only.

S-OFF has NOTHING TO DO WITH SUPER USER APK :lol:

you can be s-off, have a custom recovery and a rom with no superuser.apk file and SU in the bin or xbin(depending on rom) and you phone will work fine, just not be allowed to use root applications such as titanium back up and root explorer or others.

now a question to paul, downloaded the latest twice and and flashed it about 5 timestwice for the first download and 3 times for the second download. same end product on the US G2.

i am using the latest radio ending 04.02.17 so i would like to know if that is preventing the rom from booting up. i did a full wipe,
in fact did a fastboot erase system -w and fastboot erase boot

then navigated to recovery, did a wipe from there too :) paranoid hahaha and then installed R2. rebooted device and it just stays stuck on the darn white HTC screen. i wait about 15 to 20 mins before i give up and send adb reboot recovery to wipe and re flash. it just doesn't like me ;) lol
the md5sum for the files match :S

any advice :)

sandrome

sandrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Some of you may have noticed that some apps are missing from the market with version r2. Those are protected apps. It is because of the build.prop of this rom. The market does not recognize your phone as an official handset and therefore you have no access to protected apps. I have found a solution to this issue. Just flash a different build.prop. I used the one that someone posted in the desire hd rom thread in this forum. It works great but if you look at your system information you will see that it has changed your device to a desire hd. I think that should be no problem as the device specs are similar and it does not influence any behavior of your handset. Here is the link: http://goo.gl/v7Lnu
If someone knows anything about build.prop editing he could post a desire z version. It would be a cleaner solution.

Edited by sandrome, 28 January 2011 - 08:35 PM.

El Nino9

El Nino9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Some of you may have noticed that some apps are missing from the market with version r2. Those are protected apps. It is because of the build.prop of this rom. The market does not recognize your phone as an official handset and therefore you have no access to protected apps. I have found a solution to this issue. Just flash a different build.prop. I used the one that someone posted in the desire hd rom thread in this forum. It works great but if you look at your system information you will see that it has changed your device to a desire hd. I think that should be no problem as the device specs are similar and it does not influence any behavior of your handset. Here is the link: http://goo.gl/v7Lnu
If someone knows anything about build.prop editing he could post a desire z version. It would be a cleaner solution.

err i dont think paul would have changed it much :s but i can just take the desire Zs build prop from the official release? i will upload it soon.

Edit:
i found 1 line paul had added to the build prop. so have added that to the build.prop i have uploaded.

for reference: dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold=500
so yea as i cant upload "this type of file" so i zipped it

enjoy

Attached Files

Edited by El Nino9, 29 January 2011 - 10:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users