Exchange Active sync

Guest dragon2611

Guest dragon2611

Any reccomendation on what to use to sync with an exchange 2007 server?.

I quite liked roadsync which was bundled on my huawei u8110 so was thinking of buying that to install on my blade, although I've also heard touchdown is good (Does cost twice as much though) also got to play with moxio on an Xperia X10 but didn't like that much.

Are there any others I should consider, it has to sync contacts, email, calender and support multiple folders on email.

support for syncing tasks would be useful but not essential (Think i only really use that if i'm going to the supermarket and need to write a shopping list :huh: )

The Inbuilt exchange support in the Modaco R4 Blade rom does work, but I rather dislike the stock android email client :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, Touchdown is far and away the best answer for Exchange on Android. It works well and offers the most robust functionality (i.e., feature set closest to desktop Outlook). It also supports a wider range of corporate security requirements including remote wipe in case your phone is lost or stolen. And without a doubt, NitroDesk provides the most responsive support you could ever ask for, especially for a product this inexpensive. In addition to the stable Market release, they regularly make new beta versions available that address user-specific bugs and feature enhancement requests.

It's absolutely worth every penny of the cost!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kthulhu

I have tried both. Roadsync is quiet good and do its job. Its sync email, calendar and task (although could not have push email/active sync with some exchange servers). But I use Touchdown as I rely in outlook for my day-today job and roadsync failed me to sycnronize from time to time,..also it has not so many options and then I did not like black background of emails ,...

There not too much other options, so if you like roadsync go for it.