Today my last day with my Omnia2

Guest NewForce

Guest NewForce

Hi folks,

With my new Galaxy TAB, I am very sadly to decide to part with my Omnia2.

After so much of involvement, excitement and the enjoyment together all the brother and sister here.

I has been always delighted by all of you which making me want to keep coming back here for more fun and be more equipped with.

It's a sad decision, but myself am not able carry more device on a daily outing so have to part away my Omnia2 (my Galaxy S for my wife now).

(Hey, that's why the new purchased of my Galaxy TAB for. :huh: )

I must say,

Thank you all so much post-31662-1289782616_thumb.gif

for all your supports & complements on my works & posts here.

I've also posted my first thread in Modaco Galaxy Tab forum.

Galaxy TAB Singtel Launch Event 13/11/2010 pictures and video

Will see all of ya more often on Galaxy Tab forum from now instead. :rolleyes:

Edited by NewForce

thanks newforce..

hope will c u in samsung galaxy tab forum.

but i must buy the new wm phone like u :rolleyes:

good luck bro..

Thanks for all your contributions to the forum. It is also nice to see the face behind the username 'Newforce' on the attached pics you posted during the launch of Samsung GalaxyTab where you live. Thanks man!!!!!!!!!

Guest NewForce
thx!

Thank you too!

thanks newforce..

hope will c u in samsung galaxy tab forum.

but i must buy the new wm phone like u :rolleyes:

good luck bro..

Heehee... u mistaken, Galaxy TAB Android phone bro.

Thanks for all your contributions to the forum. It is also nice to see the face behind the username 'Newforce' on the attached pics you posted during the launch of Samsung GalaxyTab where you live. Thanks man!!!!!!!!!

Nope, I'm didn't showed my face in any of the pictures.

I'm not a charming guy, so kind of shy to show my face, not if it a must. :huh:

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi folks,

After so much of involvement, excitement and the enjoyment together all the brother and sister here.

I has been always delighted by all of you which making me want to keep coming back here for more fun and be more equipped with.

It's a sad decision, but myself am not able carry more device on a daily outing so have to part away my Omnia2 (my Galaxy S for my wife now).

I must say,

Thanks for everything NewForce.

I am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S2 next year - dual core cpu, 4.3" screen.

Hope you enjoy your Tab - I decided to wait as Asus is coming out with a Tab that may be better than Samsung's.

Guest NewForce
Thanks for everything NewForce.

I am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S2 next year - dual core cpu, 4.3" screen.

Hope you enjoy your Tab - I decided to wait as Asus is coming out with a Tab that may be better than Samsung's.

Thank you too Gary!

Btw, I think Galaxy S2 look attractive with it dual core cpu.

Let's hope it battery life can last at least the same like my Galaxy S, which I've already think it is not enough.

And sure, by next year, we should be able to see newer devices better than Galaxy TAB spec. If that will be the true, then I'll be switching again.

Until then, I am happily enjoying every moments on my Galaxy TAB now.

Guest jeffrey2000

I'll quit this area and stepping over to the android side aswell :rolleyes: I really like the SG'tab but first of all too expensive still and it's too big 2 fit my pants so I've ordered the Dell Streak which seems to be sold out in every store in Holland right now but will have it any day now. Have fun and see you around ;P

As I left Modaco Omnia (1) and now Omnia 2 section I'll go the Modaco streak section and you'll go the Galaxy Tab section I suppose :huh:

Edited by jeffrey2000

I got Galaxy Tab as well. But no way this thing will replace the phone in my pocket.

It's rather addition, than replacement.

One thing I totally agree. After working with blazingly fast OS and CPU with multi-touch capactive screen, you can't treat old good O2 other than "junk".

But still. Despite having Sony-Ericsson Xperia X10 and Iphone 3gs, my daily wearer still remains O2.

For no obvious reason winmo, hardkeys and good GPS software, still have a lot more to offer for real life situation for me.

Agreed.

The huge and beautiful screen of O2, gives clear advantage over other smart phones.

And the only function I use 99% of the time is Foxit PDF reader. Done so many books in train already.

The other practical apps I use, which O2 does as good, if not better than others, are

Garmin

Run.GPS

O2 user for 1.5 years and counting.

Guest NewForce
I got Galaxy Tab as well. But no way this thing will replace the phone in my pocket.

It's rather addition, than replacement.

One thing I totally agree. After working with blazingly fast OS and CPU with multi-touch capactive screen, you can't treat old good O2 other than "junk".

But still. Despite having Sony-Ericsson Xperia X10 and Iphone 3gs, my daily wearer still remains O2.

For no obvious reason winmo, hardkeys and good GPS software, still have a lot more to offer for real life situation for me.

I've got mine cheap at SG$248 with 1 free Samsung Bluetooth headset,

1 free Sandisk 16GB Micro SD card and 1 pair of free Korean pop star Seven live tickets.

My deal was signed under Singapore Singtel SG$56 3G Flexi plan cellphone contract that come with 3.5G 12GB data access, 200 minuts out going call time and free all incoming call time. Another best part of the deal was, the data access is excluding the free TV channels video streaming, AMPed website with thousands of free new & old MP3 download and other free Singtel apps websites data download.

I had to admit, Omnia2 was my coolest WM phone, not even my Galaxy S could best it. But all that was before the Galaxy TAB showed up. Having it for 4 days now, I must say Galaxy TAB will be my new coolest phone until some other best it by next year, or 2.

Edited by NewForce

I got mine off contract for $900 with $20 data plan for 2 GB. But that was not my point. While I agree with you that Android totally owns, it still has a way to go to be mature software wise as WinMo was.

3 things why I stick to my Omnia:

1) Hard keys. - I love to answer and end the call in an old fashioned way.

2) Igo 8.3 with DimkaVERTWV skin. Nothing can compare or beat it for me.

3) Ability to record thee conversation inside default dialer skin.

BTW. I hate windows mobile, but there is nothing better for me out there right now.

As to SGT, I carry it around instead of my netbook. It's smaller and lighter.

Guest skoda60

Wishes you all the best and enjoying your new toy. For me still live with O2 because I need Garmin navigating software and voicebook for story listening which Android without it.

Thank for your great JF5 ROM which made the O2 really good.

Guest froggyman
Hi folks,

I must say,

Hi Newforce,

Congratulation on your new toy.....glad to hear that you have enjoy it.

Thanks for the sharing your O2 knowledge & Rom have with us.

Nice to have U here. :huh:

Guest NewForce
thank you for your contributions and my best wishs :rolleyes:

Wishes you all the best and enjoying your new toy. For me still live with O2 because I need Garmin navigating software and voicebook for story listening which Android without it.

Thank for your great JF5 ROM which made the O2 really good.

Hi Newforce,

Congratulation on your new toy.....glad to hear that you have enjoy it.

Thanks for the sharing your O2 knowledge & Rom have with us.

Nice to have U here. :huh:

Thank all of you too my buddies.

It's has been my pleasure for knowing all of you.

Just sold my Omnia2 2days ago at SG$260.

So actually I'm earned SG$12 on the whole thing and buying my Galaxy TAB.

It's a Win-Win solution for me. :huh:

Edited by NewForce

Guest Del1701
Thank all of you too my buddies.

It's has been my pleasure for knowing all of you.

Just sold my Omnia2 2days ago at SG$260.

So actually I'm earned SG$12 on the whole thing and buying my Galaxy TAB.

It's a Win-Win solution for me. :rolleyes:

Congrats on your new gadget NewForce and thanks for all your contributions to the community :huh:

I had to get a new phone as well as my O2 died on me, to much flashing maybe lol, anyway I went for the Nokia N8 as I got a great upgrade package, so far it's been a great bit of kit. I could of gone for the desire HD or galaxy s but I fancied a change, I'll still keep dropping by though to see whats happening and you never know come next september when my upgrade is due I may find my way back to winmo or android and modaco full time again :huh:

Guest NewForce
Congrats on your new gadget NewForce and thanks for all your contributions to the community :)

I had to get a new phone as well as my O2 died on me, to much flashing maybe lol, anyway I went for the Nokia N8 as I got a great upgrade package, so far it's been a great bit of kit. I could of gone for the desire HD or galaxy s but I fancied a change, I'll still keep dropping by though to see whats happening and you never know come next september when my upgrade is due I may find my way back to winmo or android and modaco full time again ;)

Thanks Del1701 B)

Sad to know your beloved Omnia2 died on you. Anyway, congrat on your new Nokia N8, a nice looking handset. Lucky you did not go for wash out screen desire HD, but sad to know you actually caould have go for a excellent Super AMOLED screen GalaxyS but you choosen a switch camp. Come next July, I'm having another line for upgrade option, and it's time for another new toy. Hooray! :)

Guest johnchua55

i sold my Omnia II yesterday ...... couldn't wait for android on omnia II anymore ..... Thanks to modaco.com ..... omnia ii was my first smartphone and here is where i learned so much on tweaking ...... i think i got obessessive flashing syndrome because of modaco.com B)

still looking for a replacement ..... my choice right now seems to be down to three devices ...... samsung galaxy S .... htc desire .... htc hd2

but after watching a video comparing galaxy s and desire ..... the super amoled really trumps the competition

Guest NewForce
i sold my Omnia II yesterday ...... couldn't wait for android on omnia II anymore ..... Thanks to modaco.com ..... omnia ii was my first smartphone and here is where i learned so much on tweaking ...... i think i got obessessive flashing syndrome because of modaco.com B)

still looking for a replacement ..... my choice right now seems to be down to three devices ...... samsung galaxy S .... htc desire .... htc hd2

but after watching a video comparing galaxy s and desire ..... the super amoled really trumps the competition

Among your selection,

Samsung Galaxy S with Super AMOLED the best for video, movie, photos and etc... You should look no further.

Among your selection,

Samsung Galaxy S with Super AMOLED the best for video, movie, photos and etc... You should look no further.

+1. Galaxy S rocks!!!

But why don't you also look at the newer droids (like Desire HD) ??

any devices compare to Galaxy S about screen ! superAmoled !

Guest johnchua55

yeah desire HD is the only phone i think as galaxy's competition ...... unfortunately in my country HTC devices are somewhat pricey as compared to samsung.

Right now a bnew galaxy S 16gb here sells for about $700 while a desire hd is $915++

not to mention there are already used galaxy S phones (2-3month old) on the market here for as low as $526

Guest cruxader

I use the O2 but my wife has the Galaxy S.

I probably have the weirdest reason for doing this:

I prefer the O2 because it is harder for casual users to load apps on it!

My kids fight over the Galaxy S & regularly flatten the battery on it, installing and playing games to their mother's dismay!

But they avoid my O2 unless they want to watch TV or preloaded movies on it!

I have a few games on it but they have no interest in those games, heheheheh...

BTW, I was in KL recently and played with a G Tab in DigitalMall, side-by-side with an iPad for 20mins.

I gotta admit that the iPad crushed the G Tab at first impression (in terms of screen quality and responsiveness, not to mention battery life). I would only consider the G-tab if it is MUCH cheaper than the iPad.

.ps I also have a low end Gome FlyTouch clone to mess around with (running Android 1.6) that I picked up for SGD100.