[ROM] [eclair] French Fries RLS5 [2010-11-18]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

Developement has stopped! Replaced by Hungarian Hedgehog

About RELEASE

This is a custom ROM based on the french ZTE Blade ROM which is bit more recent than the Orange ROM. Branding has been removed and other more or less usefull stuff has been added.

Custom kernel

• RLS5: Swap support enabled
  • RLS5: Swap notify support added (improves compcache)
  • RLS5: Fixed powerbutton mapping in kernel (and restored original keylayout within Android)
  • Added support for EXT3 (for better/safer Apps2SD)
  • Support for overclocking (available as addons)
    • RLS5: New addons: original kernel, brut17 maps and orange games.
    • RLS5: Replaced brut17 maps with the latest official Google maps in the main build.
    • RLS5: Removed the orange games from main build.
    • RLS5: Added APNDroid
    • RLS5: Added Titanium backup
    • RLS5: Added GPS Test
    • RLS5: Added Adfree Android
    • RLS5: Added Where's My Droid
    • RLS5: Added Spare parts
    • RLS5: Added Taskiller Free
    • RLS5: Added Blade Wifi fix
    • RLS5: Fixed minor glitch in framework
    • RLS5: Added compcache module and a script to enable compcache (type "compcache.sh enable" in a terminal)
    • Based on the BY_P729CV1.0.0B11 ROM
    • Removed branding, apps, browser bookmarks etc
    • Restored standard Android menu colors
    • Removed TouchPal
    • Replaced bootlogo and bootanimation
    • Replaced/Updated Google Maps with latest brut.all version (brut17)
    • Updated Street View
    • Updated Market
    • Added Car Dock
    • Added Google Voice
    • Added Google Gesture Search
    • Added Google Goggles
    • Added Facebook
    • Added Twitter
    • Added HTC_IME by jonasl
    • Added Flash lite support (can run .swf files)
    • Added glu games from original Orange ROM
    • Added Home Switcher
    • Added Launcher Pro
    • Added Weather Widget (yr.no) app (latest version that had flipclock)
    • Rooted with latest Super User permissions app
    • Added busybox
    • Added bash
    • Added Darktremor Apps2SD (SD-card parititioning in Clockwork recovery is broken so use another phone to partition or gparted or similar)
    • Changed dalvik vm heapsize from 24 to 32
    • Added tun.ko for OpenVPN users
    • Hardware accellerated UI as an addon
    • Added GenieWidget (News & Weather)
    • Added Terminal Emulator
    • Added huge APN list from CM6
      • Overclocking addons - Try until you find the maximum stable speed for your phone.
      • Hardware accellerated UI
      • RLS5: Original kernel - With this you will loose the additions I made to the kernel but pinch zoom will work in the standrad web browser
      • RLS5: Orange Games - Games from the original Orange ROM
      • RLS5: Brut maps - Replaces Google Maps with modified version (brut17). Adds international navigation and more.

• French_Fries_RLS5.zip - To be used with Clockwork recovery.
        • French_Fries_RLS5_addons.rar - Overclocking and HW UI addons.
        • Installation

[*]Install Clockwork Recovery

[*]Copy zip files (ROM and optionally some addons) to SD-card.

[*]Boot into recovery and install (volume down + power on)

[*]Wipe data/cache unless you are reinstalling

Why so bloated? Could you remove X and Y in the next release?

Instead of making a "lite" version I will here explain how to remove unwanted apps before installing.

[*]Open French_Fries_RLS5.zip in WinZip, WinRAR, 7-zip or similar.

[*]Navigate to /system/app

[*]Delete unwanted apps

[*](optionally) Resign the zip file. See this guide.

[*]Install (if you didn't sign it you will need to turn off signature checking in Clockwork Recovery)

Known issues

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Azurren

I'll have to try this one!

Been waiting for a good 2.1 rom so I can downgrade from 2.2 :rolleyes:

The speed difference is really noticeable

Thanks for the release!

please help, i have never had trouble flashing new roms, both on my dell streak and also on my blade, but after flashing this rom i am stuck on the boot screen? please help. ok what i first did was i booted into clockwork mod recovery, wiped cache, restored to factory default, wiped dalvik, then i installed the zip i downloaded from the first post, french fries rls4.zip, then i extracted the zips within the addons zip and installed them each seperately? is that the problem? should i have installed the main file instead of the files inside it?

please help

Edited by kag8

Mine is stable at 691.2MHz and sometimes freeze/reboots at 710.4. I've provided updates up to 748.8MHz.

i dont knw if im the only one, but when i flash the rom WITHOUT the addons, it works flawlessly, but after i flash the addons it refuses to pass the bootscreen? am i doing something wrong? please check if the addons file you have supplied is correct, thanks

EDIT: oops, im really sorry, i just realised i was supposed to choose one of the addons, i was foolishly flashing all of them, chose 691 and its working perfectly, thank you, and sorry for the trouble

Edited by kag8

Guest kallt_kaffe
i dont knw if im the only one, but when i flash the rom WITHOUT the addons, it works flawlessly, but after i flash the addons it refuses to pass the bootscreen? am i doing something wrong? please check if the addons file you have supplied is correct, thanks

Which addons did you flash? You are only supposed to flash one of the overclocking files. To high overclock will leave you stuck at the bootscreen.

Which addons did you flash? You are only supposed to flash one of the overclocking files. To high overclock will leave you stuck at the bootscreen.

yes i just realised that, i was foolishly flashing all of them, so i was going to the highest, hence the stuck bootscreen, once again thanks and sorry for the trouble

Guest robot1000

Got an issue, where I'm stuck on the Boot Screen

I've flashed the ROM, the 691.2MHz overclock zip and the UI AFTER wiping my phone and it does not boot

Why would that be?

Edit

I've resolved the issue by flashing the files with a different memory card (as the original one must have been partitioned from and therefore damaged)

My next question is:

By inserting a new MicroSD card with ext3 partitioned, will apps2sd automatically be enabled?

Edited by robot1000

hi, how can i switch off 3g/data usage? there is no option under mobile networks, its abit of a problem for me cause i dont have a data plan so it would be very expensive to leave it on, please advise

Guest robot1000
hi, how can i switch off 3g/data usage? there is no option under mobile networks, its abit of a problem for me cause i dont have a data plan so it would be very expensive to leave it on, please advise

I think there's a free widget which controls the data which can be downloaded from the market

Guest malooga

Have you tried installing switchpro or something like it?

Edited by malooga

thanks for the replies, i will try one of those widgets :rolleyes:, really liking this rom, and so far my wifi hasnt yet dropped, hopefully it will remain that way, thanks :huh:

edit: wifi problem resurfaced :D, good rom nevertheless, im keeping this one :huh:

Edited by kag8

Guest Freekers

This sounds like a really really good ROM in my ears. It contains everything I want it to have: A2SD, Overclocking, based on the new kernel.. wohoo, can't wait to try it out. Lets see if I have some time this evening.

Does this ROM also suffer from UI glitches/artifacts like the 1.0.0 version of the BladeVillain ROM had ?

By inserting a new MicroSD card with ext3 partitioned, will apps2sd automatically be enabled?

Yes

Edited by Freekers

Guest leetron1
Got an issue, where I'm stuck on the Boot Screen

I've flashed the ROM, the 691.2MHz overclock zip and the UI AFTER wiping my phone and it does not boot

Why would that be?

Edit

I've resolved the issue by flashing the files with a different memory card (as the original one must have been partitioned from and therefore damaged)

My next question is:

Had same problem..found that in addition to format cache & data before flash I also needed to format my ext2 a2sd partition otherwise just loops at boot screen>>

Guest kallt_kaffe

Yes, but if you have apps on your internal flash those will be unavailable as it will automaticly switch to Apps2SD.

I solved this by running "a2sd remove" before partitioning my SD-card. Then do an "a2sd reinstall" after having booted up with a partitioned card in the phone. That worked for me. I'm running with my apps on a 512Mb EXT3 partition right now.

Guest kallt_kaffe
thanks for the replies, i will try one of those widgets :rolleyes:, really liking this rom, and so far my wifi hasnt yet dropped, hopefully it will remain that way, thanks :huh:

edit: wifi problem resurfaced :D, good rom nevertheless, im keeping this one :huh:

Search for "Blade wifi fix" in the Market.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Which version of flash lite is included? And does it work with the browser, or only standalone?

It's the same version as they use here: http://forum.samdroid.net/f28/howto-flash-...owser-too-1688/

I've only managed to get it to work i "standalone" mode but the Spica guys seems be able to get it work in the Browser but that didn't work for me.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Does this ROM also suffer from UI glitches/artifacts like the 1.0.0 version of the BladeVillain ROM had ?

No, the addon for HW UI also applies the "glitch-fix".