113 replies to this topic

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad

By inserting a new MicroSD card with ext3 partitioned, will apps2sd automatically be enabled?

Yes, but if you have apps on your internal flash those will be unavailable as it will automaticly switch to Apps2SD.

I solved this by running "a2sd remove" before partitioning my SD-card. Then do an "a2sd reinstall" after having booted up with a partitioned card in the phone. That worked for me. I'm running with my apps on a 512Mb EXT3 partition right now.

Blog - App

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

thanks for the replies, i will try one of those widgets :rolleyes:, really liking this rom, and so far my wifi hasnt yet dropped, hopefully it will remain that way, thanks :huh:

edit: wifi problem resurfaced :D, good rom nevertheless, im keeping this one :huh:

Search for "Blade wifi fix" in the Market.

Blog - App

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Which version of flash lite is included? And does it work with the browser, or only standalone?

It's the same version as they use here: http://forum.samdroi...owser-too-1688/
I've only managed to get it to work i "standalone" mode but the Spica guys seems be able to get it work in the Browser but that didn't work for me.

Blog - App

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Does this ROM also suffer from UI glitches/artifacts like the 1.0.0 version of the BladeVillain ROM had ?

No, the addon for HW UI also applies the "glitch-fix".

Blog - App

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

What's the hardware UI about?

http://android.modac...-sf-hw-setting/

Blog - App

x.balli.x

x.balli.x

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
can i play videos from zshare on this?

John Mills

John Mills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Hi Kallt_Kaffe,

this looks to be a great ROM but why don't you add the HW_UI as default? Why would anyone not want their interface hardware accelerated? Would there be some issues with adding this by default like much higher battery drain?

Cheers

Afrodude

Afrodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Hi Kallt_Kaffe,

this looks to be a great ROM but why don't you add the HW_UI as default? Why would anyone not want their interface hardware accelerated? Would there be some issues with adding this by default like much higher battery drain?

Cheers

I always disable this in the Modaco ROM as it noticeably slows down the phone.

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Im unsure what to do right now, flash with or without HW_UI
What's exactly the difference ? Without HW_UI, will I suffer performance loss in games ?
Thanks

Edited by Freekers, 15 November 2010 - 08:00 PM.

ZTE Blade - UK Version - OLED Screen
GEN1 - Cyanogenmod 7.0.0 Stable

oh!dougal

oh!dougal

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Devices:DX2 FroYo San Francisco

Im unsure what to do right now, flash with our without HW_UI
What's exactly the difference ? Without HW_UI, will I suffer performance loss in games ?
Thanks

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but to remove the 'Acceleration', all you'd have to do is reflash the main rom. Shouldn't be any need to wipe anything ...
Try it and decide for yourself?

Edited by oh!dougal, 15 November 2010 - 07:57 PM.

xzyk

xzyk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:mobiles, Winmo, Android
  • Devices:various

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but to remove the 'Acceleration', all you'd have to do is reflash the main rom. Shouldn't be any need to wipe anything ...

As long as you've got superuser (and you do on this rom) all you have to do is edit the following line in the file /system/build.prop

debug.sf.hw=0

0= hardware acceleration disable, 1=hardware acceleration enable.

So use something like root Explorer, navigate to /system and find file build.prop, remount as R/W and edit the file as above and save.
Finally just do a reboot to affect the change, then once rebooted you can go back and open the file with your text editor to make sure the change has taken.

May your jouney be uneventful !
Nexus 4......SlimMako-4.3
ZTE Blade Blade Mix V2.2.
Advent VEGA VegaComb 3.2 9n.
SGS2 -Insanity JB 0.83
Asus FonePad...stock
Huawei Y300 Stock (B186) with CWM recovery.
Arnova 7G3 -stock.
Alcatel OT-983....stock

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

That's 100% correct and the rumours about slowdowns is what kept me from making it default. I haven't had time to do any real comparing myself, but if anyone does some serious comparing, please share the results.

Blog - App

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

As long as you've got superuser (and you do on this rom) all you have to do is edit the following line in the file /system/build.prop

debug.sf.hw=0

0= hardware acceleration disable, 1=hardware acceleration enable.

So use something like root Explorer, navigate to /system and find file build.prop, remount as R/W and edit the file as above and save.
Finally just do a reboot to affect the change, then once rebooted you can go back and open the file with your text editor to make sure the change has taken.

Yes, but the HW UI addon also replaces gralloc.msm7k.so with a non-stock version (that's the "glitch-fix" btw) so I'd recommend a full reflash, but no wipe to disable it.

Blog - App

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

That's 100% correct and the rumours about slowdowns is what kept me from making it default. I haven't had time to do any real comparing myself, but if anyone does some serious comparing, please share the results.

The only slowdown I've experienced with HW enabled is with the Android Launcher. If I use another launcher like LauncherPro or ADW then I experience no slowdown at all.

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Thanks for the quick and detailed replies guys (oh!dougal, xzyk, kallt_kaffe and fibblesan), really appreciate it !

One more question. I am currently running the MoDaCo R4 ROM with A2SD. When I make a backup in ClockWork, is my A2SD partition also being backupped ? Else I don't know how to backup it, since Windows doesn't see my ext2 partition.
Backupping just to be on the safe side, whenever I decide to switch back.

Thanks

tom619

tom619

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Devices:t-mobile pulse
what is french fries?

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

what is french fries?

The name of this ROM and also:
http://en.wikipedia....ki/French_fries

malvern88

malvern88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi, i have a problem with this rom,i installed the desire theme(i think its also called espresso framework) and the graphics have gone all wracked up.there is a green rectangle box with a cross at the top of the screen on the lockscreen. it didn't look like that with orange base rom (modaco rom and sabs rom). also tried the new rom on villianrom and it had the same issue but the old one didn't. wondered if anyone had spotted this?

goatee

goatee

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Razr Maxx XT910
  • Twitter:@edperch

Thanks for the quick and detailed replies guys (oh!dougal, xzyk, kallt_kaffe and fibblesan), really appreciate it !

One more question. I am currently running the MoDaCo R4 ROM with A2SD. When I make a backup in ClockWork, is my A2SD partition also being backupped ? Else I don't know how to backup it, since Windows doesn't see my ext2 partition.
Backupping just to be on the safe side, whenever I decide to switch back.

Thanks

I just did a Clockwork backup prior to wiping and installing Froyo - it does appear to autumatically backup your SD card partition - do a full Ti backup as well though, just to be sure :rolleyes:.

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

I just did a Clockwork backup prior to wiping and installing Froyo - it does appear to autumatically backup your SD card partition - do a full Ti backup as well though, just to be sure :rolleyes:.

Thanks for your reply. Does it backup the ext2 a2sd partition as well ?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users