• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

bennyr99

bennyr99

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend

Does this rom run better than the stock vodafone froyo? (i.e: no lags..)
Mine did run fine ...the first day .and turn to a living nightmare the next day..
would make me sad to go back to 2.03 , so if rooting the solution i'll go for it.

Hi callou, this Stock ROM works excellent, faster and better than the previous Stock 2.1
I have an unbranded Legend with HTC Sense.
Maybe you should try "Advanced Task Killer Pro" from the Market, it optimizes memory usage and let's you monitor it regularily.
Cheers B)

Dr.Romca

Dr.Romca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend 2.2 rooted
Hi Paul, great stuff here, I've got your second ROM and they both work great.
With this one I have two minor issues:
I used the pre-bake, and it seems to miss the clock app(clock, alarm, worldclock, timer stopwatch)
Other one is that there are no non-live wallpapers to choose from the section HTC wallpapers.
Do you know a way to fix these?
Thanks a lot for all the work you have done!
R
edit:
World clock - SOLVED - after I checked the WorldClock.apk and .odex files to be in the app directory and more importantly after several reboots, the "desk clock" icon appeared in the apps and after clicking on it and setting up some alarms, there was a "clock" icon there as well. Not sure what caused this tho. Now even the clicking on the widget works - goes to the actal app. I did a nandroid backup just before those appeared, although I am not sure how could that affect the app.

Edited by Dr.Romca, 21 November 2010 - 08:35 PM.

HTC Legend - rooted, MoDaCo r1 Froyo, OC 768MHz

callou

callou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi callou, this Stock ROM works excellent, faster and better than the previous Stock 2.1
I have an unbranded Legend with HTC Sense.
Maybe you should try "Advanced Task Killer Pro" from the Market, it optimizes memory usage and let's you monitor it regularily.
Cheers B)

Hi , thanks for your response , i'll try to install advance task killer instead of taskiller and see if things get better..
Is anyone who use the rooted froyo rom from this topic can tell me if it runs smoothly? (or not, or so-so..)

Kasra_Qeshm

Kasra_Qeshm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Legend
sorry for bad English
I want arabic support for froyo

froyo has Arabic font but this font not compact

Posted Image

Sent massage compact and inbox massage Separately

Have to Change Libskia.so to compact Arabic Letters

This is a Atabic fix for desire , change libskia.so and framework.jar

http://rapidshare.co...Persianblue.zip

I change libskia.so , but not boot my legend

plese help me to edit libskia.so and framework.jar

oobatz

oobatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, have tried both the custom legend rom and the plain version both seem to work fine but on both I seem to have lost the 3g connection? anyone give me a tip on what I need to do?

thanks.

oobatz.

eta - duh - just needed to enter the apn settings!

Edited by oobatz, 23 November 2010 - 11:29 AM.

lostunsunghero

lostunsunghero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend (Rooted)
hi,

fairly new to the subject of custom roms.

just a quick question. is installing this rom the same as debranding the phone? i.e. will installing this rom free me from vodafone handcufsf?

Dr.Romca

Dr.Romca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

hi,

fairly new to the subject of custom roms.

just a quick question. is installing this rom the same as debranding the phone? i.e. will installing this rom free me from vodafone handcufsf?

This works as an update, but you have to have your phone roted an it should de-brand your Legend. I personally didn't wipe and my all data are intact.
I used clockwork recovery...it's childsplay :-)
Go for it :-)

Dr.Romca

Dr.Romca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi! Is anyone experiencing a certain slowdown in GPS syncronization? It feels as if the A-GPS didn't work....It took me around 15 minutes for the first time and now it takes around 4 minutes to GPS synced.
I am using Igo 8.4.2.124036

Is it a bug or am I the only one?

Thanks! B)

edit: I upgraded Igo to version 8.4.2.139242, I'll give it a roll tomorrow morning.

edit: The new version of iGo didn't help. Also google maps take for about 2 minutes before GPS sync, A-GPS knows immediately where I am with the low accuracy, but it seems that the information doesnt't get to GPS.

Edited by Dr.Romca, 26 November 2010 - 08:57 AM.

lostunsunghero

lostunsunghero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

This works as an update, but you have to have your phone roted an it should de-brand your Legend. I personally didn't wipe and my all data are intact.
I used clockwork recovery...it's childsplay :-)
Go for it :-)

hi,

thanks for the reply, im rooting my phone as we speak. ive already wiped my phone after backing up data and im going for a clean install on my phone. so just to clarify this ROM will remove vodafone branding? also whata re the benefits of installing a custom ROM without htc sense, im not a fan. anybody have any screenshots of what the legend is like without senseUI? and finally 1 more question, will i still be able to recieve OTA updates if i install a custom ROM, and if sodo i just install as normal or is there a special process required?

Dr.Romca

Dr.Romca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

hi,

thanks for the reply, im rooting my phone as we speak. ive already wiped my phone after backing up data and im going for a clean install on my phone...

Frankly, I like Sense, to me, it just makes sense :-) But seriously, if you root by the guide Paul provided here, your phone should already be de-branded. Now you might wanna check the XDA forum for sense-less ROMs - it requires registration to see screenshots, but it's well worth it, there are lots of people who do understand Android very well. And for the OTA updates, I believe all custom ROMs (if rooted or pre-rooted) have OTA upgrades disabled, so you will just have to wait for the developers to come up with the upgrade...(Please correct me someone if I'm wrong)
Hope your root went fine...

lostunsunghero

lostunsunghero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hope your root went fine...

hmm i thought i had bricked my phone for a second i cant get the step2-windows.bat file to load onto the phone, i get the warning triangle on the screen (which u are supposed to get) but then windows says the device is offline and stops the script from running. dunno what im doing wrong, phone still boots fine even though ive already run step1-windows.bat.

im annoyed somebody help me please.

EDIT: i think its cos when im in the hboot screen, and plug my phone in. Windows tries to reinstall drivers for my phone even though i already have, although thistime they come up as failed. it tries to install "android 1.0" driver and "my htc" driver. any ideas as to why its doing this? runnign windows 7 ultimate 64bit

EDIT: found the hboot fasloader driver i needed, do a google search if your stuck i cant remember the url

Edited by lostunsunghero, 25 November 2010 - 02:04 AM.

StripLV

StripLV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Did you select it in the kitchen? Was it the prebake or a custom bake?

P

I did not use kitchen. I just used stock rom and installed it via recovery manager and it was no more there.

BUT:

After a REBOOT it was back. Strange....

Thanks anyway for your reply

Dr.Romca

Dr.Romca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi Paul,

Do you know anything about the GPS syncronization issue? It takes a long time to sync up with the pre-bake. It took much less time with the 2.1 ROM I had before.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you! :-)

Dr.Romca

Dr.Romca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

GPS Sync issue...

For those having the same issue, I created a patch zip file, it is signed, so install via clockwork or ROM Manager like a ROM. It deletes the original vodafone files, so don't be surprised ;-)

here it is:

gpsPatch-signed.zip

Edited by Dr.Romca, 28 November 2010 - 05:36 PM.

Dr.Romca

Dr.Romca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I had a minor issue with youtube unable to update itself.
The .apk file has to be removed from ROM in order to install from market.

This signed zip I created does the job :-)
http://www.mediafire...a70ltbrjcnn266j
Hope it helps someone

sj44k

sj44k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sorry guys but being a total retard I must have the dumbest question ever.

I got a 2.1 Legend right now that I debranded when I got it. But as you might know the 2.2 OTA that got released today doesn't want to install on debranded Legends.

If I want to flash this rom, all I have to do I download the free clockwork mod from the market, install it, download the rom from this topic and put it onto my sd card, reboot the phone with clockwork and install the rom?

No need for rooting, creating goldcards etc? but I DO need to do a full whipe as I come from a sense rom?

Edited by sj44k, 09 December 2010 - 06:46 PM.

RomanXoxol

RomanXoxol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
WIFI work not!
worked only 1.23 R1

Voryzen

Voryzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Cheers Paul

Testing your kitchen here for the first time.

Lets try and get her back to AUS
http://blog.newleans...k-to-australia/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users