16/Nov r4 - MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM for the HTC Legend with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Legend (this is the version based on the 3.14.161.1 Froyo release)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :huh:

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

Features (these are the features for the currently posted prebake, please check the changelog for any pending changes that are in the kitchen)
  • Based on the 3.14.161.1 Froyo release
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
  • Optimised with the MCR build process
  • All components updated to the latest versions
  • ROM is de-odexed

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

[*]r4 -

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 14255112ddc28bcb72da529c8c2a1563

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

This is the first release of the ROM - I will start dropping in the usual MCR features quickly going forward (via the kitchen first as usual, periodically building prebakes). :rolleyes:

P

Guest fatthumb
This is the first release of the ROM - I will start dropping in the usual MCR features quickly going forward (via the kitchen first as usual, periodically building prebakes). :rolleyes:

P

Hi Paul,

Edit: Thanks it's working now! Just want to confirm that it is still possible to delete system apps via adb recovery?

Edited by fatthumb

confirming the ROM is working in good order, but although it's support arabic (and has arabic option in the Language settings) but the arabic letters are not connected, any solution ?

Paul, some of us is having bad boot block hence we couldn't flash this rom.

Is there a way for you to shrink the boot image?

You help is very much appreciated :rolleyes:

Guest warpout

Hi, i cant install this ROM, got following message:

writing boot:....
E:error finishing BOOT:
E: failure at line 72:
write_raw_image PACKAGE: boot.img BOOT: installation aborted[/codebox]

some issues:

1- USB is charging only, other functions (HTC Sync, Disk drive ADB) does not work.

2- missing busybox, thus no Titanium Backup nor OpenVPN.

3- Stock VPN does not connect.

4- Radio seems to not upgraded.

5- Arabic letters are not connected.

However, thank you Paul for the great work and the dedicated time

My experience so far:

1. Installation of the ROM with no wipe or cache delete - I got the Low diskspace error.

2. Installation of the ROM with wipe and cache delete - it seemed to work fine for a while, then I lost contact with the mobile net. I could only sync Goggle account or get access to Market through wi-fi. I double checked my settings to make sure that they were OK concerning mobile network, and it was.

I decided to go back to the 1.31.x version (2.1). Will do another try though.

Krissi

Edited by Krissi

Huh, yes, I will shrink down the boto image!

Dodino:

1- USB functions work for me

2- Busybox coming shortly

3- VPN not tested, shouldn't have issues tho

4- Did you include the radio in your bake?

5- Unable to test arabic, sounds like a font issue.

P

Openvpn wiill not run because of no tun.so in /system/lib/modules :rolleyes:

can cook tun.so but need the kernel version /proc/config.gz and this one states which kernel and kernel version.

Guest jesper79

Great work yet again Paul !!

I seem to have some install issues :

When I try to flash zip from SDCARD it comes up with:

"E:Missing file: system/customize/MNS/425.xml

E:verification failed

Installation aborted"

This is when i use either the stock or the MCR.

Other ROMS built with online kitchen (previous versions) install without any problems.

Anybody that can help me out here ??!

Grtz,

Jesper

**** SOLVED: MAYBE I SHOULD TICK THE BOX "SIGN UPDATE ZIP" :rolleyes: ****

Edited by jesper79

I had some issues with the install too. First I used Fake-flash to come in the Recovery Mode. The installation didn't work. (also Problems with the Verification and others, but not the same text as you)

Then i used the "old" Method over the PC too come in the recovery mod. http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-lege...ow-with-1-31-x/

And it worked! I hope it helps you.

The first start after the installation takes a while (I must wait 2-3 minutes) and I had to make a Wipe because of a lot errors.

I like this Rom, the touchscreen is more sensitiv I think and it goes more fluid. But the shut down takes longer as before, but this isn't necessary ;-)

Guest jesper79

In the end I used the "OLD" method as well...I made the mistake of not having an EXT2 partition on my SDCARD so after the first flash my HTC Legend kept rebooting. I could only solve this by using the "OLD" method and now it works fine!

I had some issues with the install too. First I used Fake-flash to come in the Recovery Mode. The installation didn't work. (also Problems with the Verification and others, but not the same text as you)

Then i used the "old" Method over the PC too come in the recovery mod. http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-lege...ow-with-1-31-x/

And it worked! I hope it helps you.

The first start after the installation takes a while (I must wait 2-3 minutes) and I had to make a Wipe because of a lot errors.

I like this Rom, the touchscreen is more sensitiv I think and it goes more fluid. But the shut down takes longer as before, but this isn't necessary ;-)

Huh, yes, I will shrink down the boto image!

Dodino:

1- USB functions work for me

2- Busybox coming shortly

3- VPN not tested, shouldn't have issues tho

4- Did you include the radio in your bake?

5- Unable to test arabic, sounds like a font issue.

P

Thanks Paul for your reply, The USB function is working for me too now, it was the driver problem, sorry my mistake.

Yes I included the Radio to my bake, but the version number still different on my phone.

Openvpn wiill not run because of no tun.so in /system/lib/modules B)

can cook tun.so but need the kernel version /proc/config.gz and this one states which kernel and kernel version.

Thanks Yblih, let me know how to know the kernel version and I could help

Thanks Yblih, let me know how to know the kernel version and I could help

adb pull /proc/config.gz stock-froyo-legend-config.gz

This will get the config.gz en place it in the directory where you ran adb.

This file is needed to build at least tun.ko.

Yblih

Guest bennyr99
In the end I used the "OLD" method as well...I made the mistake of not having an EXT2 partition on my SDCARD so after the first flash my HTC Legend kept rebooting. I could only solve this by using the "OLD" method and now it works fine!

Is there a requirement to have EXT2 partition on the SD in order to install Froyo?

I was not aware of this, did not see any such requirement in Paul's instructions to install froyo(?)