- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Cherry Limeade Douche

Cherry Limeade Douche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Phones, Video games, Game Development, Electronic Gadgets, Modded Consoles, Computers and Hardware, and Technology in general.
  • Devices:Verizon Samsung Omnia 2
Alright, this one is for you pros. I'm building a custom rom and I've done pretty well so far but I've run into a hitch.

Where and what registry file contains settings to disable the Samsung Touchwiz UI and LockScreen before the Rom has been installed. Basically I want to use a custom UI and I want it to load on boot. How would I go about disabling the Touchwiz UI in the kitchen as well as enabling my custom UI. Where would I add the registry entry to start my custom UI?

Also as a side note I would like to enable the windows mobile default slider lock-screen. What registry file will allow me to disable the Samsung lock-screen as default.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I found the registry entry to disable the Samsung lock screen and enable the default WinMO lock screen in the kitchen.

The directory of the registry file in your kitchen is: "OEM\OEMApps\"
The registry file that needs editing is: "38b19348-4733-495e-ab3a-3f3479efea44.rgu"

And the registry entry/line that needs editing within that file is:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAMSUNG\LockScreen]
"Lock"=dword:00000001 (change to 0)
"Clock"=dword:00000001 (change to 0)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen]
"Enable"=dword:00000000 (change to 1)

You can also input semi-colons in front of the 3 Samsung lock screens lines- just remember to change the dword value for the Winmo default settings screen to "1" to ensure it is enabled.

Now I just need to find out how to disable the Samsung TouchWiz UI in my kitchen darnit!

Edited by Cherry Limeade Douche, 18 November 2010 - 04:45 PM.

"A certain portion of the human race has certainly a taste for being diddled, and douched away, by the elegant tools of manipulation." -Thomas Hood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users