[Rom] The Official Rogers and Fido Roms (any phone)

Guest alan090

Guest Harness

# begin build properties

# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh

ro.build.id=MASTER

ro.build.display.id=4.001.08_PA_ROG - HE

ro.build.version.incremental=1286248125

ro.build.version.sdk=8

ro.build.version.codename=REL

ro.build.version.release=2.2

ro.build.date=Tue Oct 5 11:13:26 CST 2010

ro.build.date.utc=1286248406

ro.build.type=user

ro.build.user=minnie

ro.build.host=build1

ro.build.tags=release-keys

ro.product.model=Acer Liquid

ro.product.brand=acer

ro.product.name=a1_rogers

ro.product.device=a1

ro.product.board=salsa

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a

ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=Acer

ro.product.locale.language=en

ro.product.locale.region=US

Guest vanisleguy1976
ro.build.date=Tue Oct 5 11:13:26 CST 2010

I thought October 5 sounded familiar, so I looked back to [LEAK] Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD, and guess what???

ro.build.date=Tue Oct 5 01:38:03 CST 2010

So it would seem the official build is more than likely based on the second-to-last leak!

Guest alan090
I thought October 5 sounded familiar, so I looked back to [LEAK] Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD, and guess what???

ro.build.date=Tue Oct 5 01:38:03 CST 2010

So it would seem the official build is more than likely based on the second-to-last leak!

personally this is much better than the last leak - last leak if buggy (albums and music sorts weird and under incorrect label, bad battery life, market not very stable) this seems to have none of the issues of the last leak i experienced and the acer ui is gone which is another bonus

Guest KingsizeX
What rom you flash? I have a liquid [256] too and i wanna flash the last leak >.<

I was running Roggins CM6.1 Build and Flashed the "Light Version" from first post over it.

PS: Before this I was using Roggins Rom flashed over the latest Froyo Leak to get the latest Baseband available.

Atm, I believe it's LiquidE only. If you guys can get us a link to the zip file, I'm sure one of us will remove the restriction and someone (not me! >_<) will be able to remove the a1 device lock.

I see, that was easy. Thanks!

Did the unlock for the simlock work with the instruction changing acerril.conf file? Does it have to be done before the first boot?

Guest TheShak
personally this is much better than the last leak - last leak if buggy (albums and music sorts weird and under incorrect label, bad battery life, market not very stable) this seems to have none of the issues of the last leak i experienced and the acer ui is gone which is another bonus

Hi alan,

For me the last leak 4.002.08 (Oct 30th) was the best so far, no problems at all. As you I just removed all the Acer Crapware and no complaints. So strange that the Canadians went for an earlier release (Oct 5th) of Froyo must be political / marketing ?

Anyway I was looking forward to an update of your last ROM you did for an earlier Leak B)

Thanks

Guest oilers2010

I updated to the offical 2.2 froyo release for rogers. However, with it being an early october ROM, would I be better off going back to LCR or just hang on until LCR releases a new version.

Really like the status bar on the bottom of the screen (and black) than the white bar on top that I have now.

Guest Harness

I know this is an earlier version, but the white task bar has grown on me. It seems much faster than the last leak for me, and since I'm not like Malez/Vache/phh/etc I can't optimize the firmware myself before I flash it beyond the bare minimum, so I'll probably stick with this for awhile.

Guest alan090
I know this is an earlier version, but the white task bar has grown on me. It seems much faster than the last leak for me, and since I'm not like Malez/Vache/phh/etc I can't optimize the firmware myself before I flash it beyond the bare minimum, so I'll probably stick with this for awhile.

i will probaly theme this on the weekend when i get time

i prefer this rom as the battery life has been nothing but exceptional

last leak was killing my battery faster than my 1ghz eclair rom i use regularly

this one is performing better than the leak so far and better than eclair

i have tested all 3 for at least a week except this one is on day 3 B)

Thank you sooo much for these zip files!

One issue i have on Liquid E is that I installed the Rogers Lite (on my Fido) phone and it worked fine.

the other two (both Rogers and FIdo) after installing the stock .zip files, they get stuck on Acer Android screen and I have to go back to Rogers Lite version. Any reason why?

After i installed Rogers-lite on my fido phone I tried to install the fido-stock or rogers-stock or even the downloaded from Acer.com (both fido and rogers) and each got status 7 error or got stuck on the android screen on start up.

Edit: I got it to work by flashing like 10 different versions and then installing the version by Alan0. Thanks

Edited by hurric

Guest shinset
So yea with the recent release of the rogers and fido roms - alot of people are having trouble flashing it

so i ripped the internal update.zip out - added bb and root from a recent leak release and cleaned out the rogers apps and added a couple for utility - took about 30 minutes to test the first version and then spent the last 30-60 mins ripping out the crap for the light version

removed the simlock for those who are wondering - cannot test though as I am on rogers myself

Here is the light version : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KYUYZ3T1

Stock rooted with all the crap will be up soon

stock fido : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N9EL9KUI

stock Rogers : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDDAWSIY

just flash any one of them as a regular update from malez recovery with the latest froyo bin for the radio/baseband

Hi ,

Thank you for the hardwork !

Can you confirm me that fido and roger rom are simlock free ?

I just tested your light rom and its simlock free (france , virgin mobile) but I want to test the 2 other to get all the crap inside (I want original home in fact for better livewallpaper support)

BTW whait is the difference between these 2 roms ? different crapware ?

TIA

Edited by shinset

Guest Harness
Hi ,

Thank you for the hardwork !

Can you confirm me that fido and roger rom are simlock free ?

I just tested your light rom and its simlock free (france , virgin mobile) but I want to test the 2 other to get all the crap inside (I want original home in fact for better livewallpaper support)

BTW whait is the difference between these 2 roms ? different crapware ?

TIA

Stock roms = Stock, so I'm assuming they're still sim locked. I can pull the /system part of my phone for you for the 'crap inside' if you want, rather than risking the simlock.

Guest shinset
Stock roms = Stock, so I'm assuming they're still sim locked. I can pull the /system part of my phone for you for the 'crap inside' if you want, rather than risking the simlock.

Thank you for your help but no urge , I was just wondering how is default home compare to ADW (in the light version) and what "bloatwares" are installed in the default rom (I like social jogger and doctogo for acer liquid etc ....)

for now the light rom is very pleasant to use !

Thanks !

Guest split2th

Thanks first for all this goodness.

I am brand new to android, in fact I haven't even picked up my device yet. I'll be grabbing the liquid E next week. I have been doing a ton of reading over the last couple days and this is what I've come up with. Let me know what you think.

First I'll install Malez Recovery. Thanks Malez. Looks like it'll be a cool app.

Next I'll use Malez to root my device, and flash the rogers lite bin. Thanks Alan. This is the the only place I've been able to find the official rogers release Rooted, and I absolutely do not want any problems rooting my device later. Also you said it is not simlocked so I take that to mean I'll be able to use it on Fido.

The last step will be to set My fido apn's.

The questions I have are.

Will Malez still work after the update?

Will setcpu work? I'd like to overclock sometimes. Especially when gaming.

Can anyone suggest a good screen sensitivity hack to use with this release? (I know about the Gscript hack, but you need to run it everytime you restart your device)

Thanks for any help. I'm pretty excited about my switch to android, and the Liquid dev community looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Guest Harness
Thanks first for all this goodness.

I am brand new to android, in fact I haven't even picked up my device yet. I'll be grabbing the liquid E next week. I have been doing a ton of reading over the last couple days and this is what I've come up with. Let me know what you think.

First I'll install Malez Recovery. Thanks Malez. Looks like it'll be a cool app.

Next I'll use Malez to root my device, and flash the rogers lite bin. Thanks Alan. This is the the only place I've been able to find the official rogers release Rooted, and I absolutely do not want any problems rooting my device later. Also you said it is not simlocked so I take that to mean I'll be able to use it on Fido.

The last step will be to set My fido apn's.

The questions I have are.

Will Malez still work after the update?

Will setcpu work? I'd like to overclock sometimes. Especially when gaming.

Can anyone suggest a good screen sensitivity hack to use with this release? (I know about the Gscript hack, but you need to run it everytime you restart your device)

Thanks for any help. I'm pretty excited about my switch to android, and the Liquid dev community looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Well, a) Malez Recovery isn't an app. It replaces the stock recovery partition and runs that way.

B) Many roms come rooted so you don't have to do it with Malez often, but you can.

c) Malez does NOT work properly here. I'm trying to fix this, but seeking help from Malez and having trouble getting to him. Can teach you how to work around it until then though.

d) Overclocking cannot be done without a custom kernel, for which one has not been released for Froyo.

Really, the gscript mod takes a matter of seconds, so it's not that terrible. I don't know how to integrate it into boot, but if you're anything like me you'll only reboot your phone once in a blue moon anyhow.

Welcome to the Liquid/Android community.

Harness.

Guest split2th

LOL. Thanks man. I use the word app loosely. I know what Malez is and what it does. I definitely want it working for backups and a few other features like battery stat reset and USB drive toggle. I agree running the screen sensitivity script when I turn on my phone is not a big deal, I just want everything to feel polished when I'm done. Big shame about setcpu not working, or at least not being able to overclock. I'll probably still use it to underclock. What do you think the chances are that someone can add the OC kernel to this rom? It's definitely #1 on my wish list. I'd like to learn to do stuff like this myself. Can you point me to any goo tutorials?

Thanks again.

Guest Chewy11

When you get your phone, after getting Malez recovery installed, the first thing you should do is a Nandroid backup in the backup/recover menu of the recovery console...

Save that file very preciously.

IT IS THE #1 MISTAKE/OMISSION by new rooters

Everything you need is in the pinned topics of the Modaco Liquid thread

Aside from Vanilla Froyo the official ROM will not offer much, you could upgrade your bin with the latest for Liquid E

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...act-collection/

Use Acer Flasher Tool 3.1......and not 3.7 to flash bin (this tool only used to flash bins(with phone normal on)) Flash all ROMs from Malez recovery

or next to latest, most ROMs only like a certain bin, and eclair and froyo rom-bins have to be respected

If you flash the rom on this page it wont work, you need to upgrade bin to a froyo one

Once you have a froyo bin I would Flash LCR-F 1.1.2 (or keep original eclair bin and flash LCR-E 1.8.2(that can be overclocked with set CPU ))

http://lcr-team.org/v1/index.php?site=files&cat=1

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...rom-bugtracker/

Welcome, keep reading, and good luck

keep asking questions

Edited by Chewy11

Guest JoebooLovesU

Hey, I'm new to this site and to rooting/flashing my liquid - e. I got directed here by google looking for the official Rogers 2.1 rom. I upgraded to 2.2 with the official rogers rom and now my bluetooth doesn't work (apparently a common problem...). So I've been trying to revert to 2.1 but the roms appear to have vanished from the face of the planet. Does anyone know how i can find them? Or I was thinking of using the LCR but i can't seem to find a user friendly guide that explains how to install it. There seems to be a lot of assuming i know anything about this stuff when i read the how-tos. They're not very clear. I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff but I can't seem to get any clear step by step instructions for a noob. Anyone who can help save me from getting a ticket since i can't use hands free in my car anymore will have my eternal gratitude.

Guest skaffer

i get the error message

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build : Malez-liquid-0.6

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

installing update...

assert failed: getprop("ro..build.display.id") ==

"Acer_LiquidE_1.100.03E:unkown command [_PA_RO

G"]

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

any idea why? i don't know what to do, i've been looking through the forum and nothing.

Thanks

Guest Chewy11
Hey, I'm new to this site and to rooting/flashing my liquid - e. I got directed here by google looking for the official Rogers 2.1 rom. I upgraded to 2.2 with the official rogers rom and now my bluetooth doesn't work (apparently a common problem...). So I've been trying to revert to 2.1 but the roms appear to have vanished from the face of the planet. Does anyone know how i can find them? Or I was thinking of using the LCR but i can't seem to find a user friendly guide that explains how to install it. There seems to be a lot of assuming i know anything about this stuff when i read the how-tos. They're not very clear. I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff but I can't seem to get any clear step by step instructions for a noob. Anyone who can help save me from getting a ticket since i can't use hands free in my car anymore will have my eternal gratitude.

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez...ki/howToInstall

i get the error message

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build : Malez-liquid-0.6

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

installing update...

assert failed: getprop("ro..build.display.id") ==

"Acer_LiquidE_1.100.03E:unkown command [_PA_RO

G"]

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

any idea why? i don't know what to do, i've been looking through the forum and nothing.

Thanks

You must be using Acer tool 3.7 not 3.1

For bin use the 3.1 tool

and to install Malez recovery use the .exe file he provides

Original poster should 'fix' tittle or OP to direct people to Acer Canada link for 'official update to 2.2 from 2.1(for those without Malez recovery, and to explain to use acer tool for that) and to explain that the ROM's in OP are to be used with 1) Malez recovery 2)only for phones that allready have Froyo bin

good luck keep reading and ask questions