You will need the ENG HBOOT installed on your device to flash this recovery!
You can load recovery by powering on the device with 'Volume Down' pressed and selecting the 'recovery' option, by using 'adb recovery', by installing 'Quick Boot' from the Market or by installing 'ROM Manager' from the Market.
Navigation in the recovery image as follows:
- Volume Up / Down to move between options
- Power key to select an option
- Select 'go back' option to go back
- Download 220.127.116.11 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for Desire HD - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: f84a93a5ae2fb86ee409fa2609a2c1c8
- Download fastboot if you do not have it already.
- Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.
- Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume down' held, then select 'fastboot' (using the power button).
- Plug the phone into the PC.
- Extract the fastboot zip file.
- From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-ace-modaco-r2.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
- When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
The changelog is in the next post.