Photo

Sony LiveView and Desire HD? Don't bother.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

rovex

rovex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@Rovex
I think Liveware is the problem. I removed it from my Streak and reinstalled Liveview app and now the connection is more stable and the battery is lasting longer. Im not calling it yet, but so far its much better.

Mienaikage

Mienaikage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
How disappointing, I was going to sell my MBW-200 and get myself one of these but it seems I should wait :P

mcnob

mcnob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, LiveView
  • Twitter:@andymcnob
It seems more stable since the recent update to the app but I'm still getting the occasional disconnect. It reconnects itself quickly enough though.

Only problem now is battery life.

groovebutcher

groovebutcher

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
  • Twitter:@rhmd
I have to say, I've tried, but have finally given up. Luckily I purchased the LiveView on a whim from Expansys (at £49 it just cries out to be ordered), but I went into this little experiment with my eyes open, having read the challenges on this and the XDA forums.

Unfortunately, I've experienced pretty much what everyone else has. Disconnects within 2-3 minutes and then is impossible to reconnect without rebooting phone/device/software, etc... And now I have a watch that tells me I'm living at midnight all the time!

I'm not going to return it though, because the premise is great and I'd love it to work. So, I'm looking forward to either SonyEricsson or any others to fix the firmware and the Android app, to make it useable.

Still astounds me that they could actually release something this broken. Then again, I did buy one, proving their point...

ScaredyCat

ScaredyCat

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
There's supposed to be an update to the firmware this month some time...

In some reviews I have also read comments about the LiveView™ device not being upgradable. I just want to confirm that that is not the case. There will be a software update coming for the device itself. The work is ongoing and the plan is to make this updated software available as an update through SE Update Service in January

http://blogs.sonyeri...s/201...eview™/

SC

herman01

herman01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What a great blog post! Thanks for sharing it on your site.
sony mobile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users