I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire HD! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).
- Based the 3.06.405.1 ROM
- Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
- Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
- Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
- MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
- terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Updated all Google components
- Updated all thirds party components
- Updated Flashlight which now becomes 'Torch' for non en-US configuration.
- Added Google Car Home option
- Added Google Clock application option
- Added Google Email app option
- Added Google Gallery 3D option
- Added Google Launcher2 with Phone app fix (particularly useful if you choose to remove Rosie / Sense!)
- Added Google SMS/MMS app option
- Added Google Voice Dialler option (with custom UK localisation)
- Added Google Stock Lock Screen option
- Added Jbed Java
- Added MCR Boot Animation (stock as option)
- Added Development Tools option
- Added Spare Parts option
- Added Titanium Mobile option
- Added WaveSecure option
- De-odex'ed for the themers out there
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
This ROM is now available in the free online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.
- Gr5 (default kitchen options, no MoDaCo additions) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
- Radio 188.8.131.52U_26.13.04.19_M (extract from zip and flash via 'fastboot') - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
If you would like to base a ROM on 3.06.405.1, I have put the stock RUU online for you. I do NOT recommend flashing this in it's entirety, it should be used only for development purposes! DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
I no longer have access to a Desire HD, so this ROM is no longer being updated.
The download and kitchen will continue to be available should anyone wish to use anything from the ROM - feel free to contact me via PM with any questions.
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.