Sony Ericsson LiveView

Guest NAZty

Yes, however the liveview isnt getting good reviews by the public. It seems better on the streak than other devices, but it still has a lot of problems.

For a start it loses connection, a lot. Re-connecting is hit and miss at best. The liveview app seems to send the bluetooth into a spin, causing 100% CPU usage and a phone lock-up. The only option being a battery pull. Sometimes the liveview itself freezes resulting in a dead battery in an hour. This is seemingly random and may go unnoticed until its to late. Its thought the liveview app itself is the cause, we are waiting for an update.

Assuming it did work ok there are still issues. The music controls dont work on the streak, or any phone tested so far thats not SE. There is no email notification. There is almost no support yet outside the basic RSS and twitter/facebook/SMS. Only 2 apps, one being a SE news feed, about SE, that is multilanguage and pretty pointless, and sportypal, which is nice (if only it could stay connected for 5 minutes).

It is so far an epic fail. The worst thing is if it is disconnected for too long when you go to use it it goes into a spin and resets, so even the clock doesn't work!

Guest hotphil
Yes, however the liveview isnt getting good reviews by the public. It seems better on the streak than other devices, but it still has a lot of problems.

For a start it loses connection, a lot. Re-connecting is hit and miss at best. The liveview app seems to send the bluetooth into a spin, causing 100% CPU usage and a phone lock-up. The only option being a battery pull. Sometimes the liveview itself freezes resulting in a dead battery in an hour. This is seemingly random and may go unnoticed until its to late. Its thought the liveview app itself is the cause, we are waiting for an update.

Assuming it did work ok there are still issues. The music controls dont work on the streak, or any phone tested so far thats not SE. There is no email notification. There is almost no support yet outside the basic RSS and twitter/facebook/SMS. Only 2 apps, one being a SE news feed, about SE, that is multilanguage and pretty pointless, and sportypal, which is nice (if only it could stay connected for 5 minutes).

It is so far an epic fail. The worst thing is if it is disconnected for too long when you go to use it it goes into a spin and resets, so even the clock doesn't work!

To add to that, the "Notifications - Mark all as read" seems to simply cause the connection to drop (if it hasn't already), the vibrate doesn't work, the option to decline an incoming call doesn't work, it's selective on Calendar reminders (only shows the reminders I have for some sporting events) and the app frequently complains about not being able to access Twitter data (but is actually doing so).

If there's no sign of all those fundamental flaws being resolved, mine's going back Monday.

Nice idea, not ready for release.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I was very close to ordering one but I think I'll hold fire until/if the issues are addressed and resolved but I doubt they will be as I noticed that the Streak is not listed as a compatible device on Sony's website B)

good to hear we're expected to play beta testers again, they should really start with a discounted price and put the price up when it works properly...

Ok, putting software aside, what's the build quality like, does it feel nice, solid, good buttons, nice display?

Guest hotphil

Good display, buttons feel OK but could be better. Can't remove micro-USB cover when it's clipped into the wearable strap which is a bit of a pain. Feels reasonably solid overall.

I also get 'cannot download twitter data' on my desire, but not my Streak. The vibrate does work for me, but the battery life is shocking. Its 8 hours at best, whatever i set the sync frequency to and it doesnt matter how close to the phone it is.

Im hoping a new app comes out soon, it really needs to.

Guest hotphil

I've had 12+ hours out the battery. Until it decides to just display the SonyEricsson logo continually and drain the battery totally. If you don't catch it doing that, it will die quickly.

Guest gadgetgaz
Quick question guys - would it be possible to connect the LiveView and the MW600 Headset to my Streak at the same time?

You pair your phone to the liveview and also to the headset. You can't pair the LV to two things at once. Therefore you can stream music from your phone to your A2DP device (headset carkit etc) and control your phone's music player from the LV.

Guest Truenash

Got my liveview today. So far, none of the problems reported from other devices and users. Touch wood. I'll let you know when saying that comes back to bite me...

Guest hotphil
Got my liveview today. So far, none of the problems reported from other devices and users. Touch wood. I'll let you know when saying that comes back to bite me...

I'd be very interested in your experience!

Edited by hotphil

Guest DanielBrooker

Wanna trade? lol

Installing Liveware first doesnt help on my desire. The Phone and Liveview just went into a spin and refused to connect at all after a while. My Streak is relatively ok with it now though.

Guest TomDroid
Installing Liveware first doesnt help on my desire. The Phone and Liveview just went into a spin and refused to connect at all after a while. My Streak is relatively ok with it now though.

Are you still getting a good service with it for the streak? I'm thinking of getting the liveview for my streak, but will hold off if there are still issues with it!

Guest Delskinz

Well here are my experiences of having the LiveView connected to my Dell Streak -

Perfect? no, but very very good none the less. All the features other than the Facebook tile work great (including the weather and 'where am I' plug ins), the Facebook feature doesn't authenticate with my account for some reason......anyone else found this? The devices also seem fall out from time to time but if you leave them alone they soon kiss and make up without any interaction.

Screen is bright, controls are fine, I wear mine as a watch and its light and unobtrusive.

Battery life is OK as long as you don't spend all day on the thing.

Charging port is in a silly place meaning you have to take the device out of the watch strap to charge, but again that's no biggy.

With a device the size of the Streak having the means to interact with it without getting it out of my pocket, bag, back of the sofa is just great.

It will be interesting to see what new plug ins arrive on the Market..........