2.2 out for US Bets Streaks

Guest lufc

Guest mellytime
yep building sources as i type :) lets see what this does

Hey DJ B) Will you include the Dell Video Stage? I'm looking at this, while I'm not into the Quadrant stuff but once Rooted it's not that Bad. Oh, did I mention that I have 2 Streaks so I still stay loyal to the DJ... Oh the Video recording is working NO reboots and I havent had ANY issues... WOW.

Guest haynesteve
1398, dj steve all the way, haven't touched the official yet - someone on the official 2.2 scored 8?? (eight hundred something)

i'm staying put B)

Just got a quadrant score of 1444 with official 2.2 AND Fards tweaks, seems Dell finding all sorts of ways to screw up ! lol

Should be good when Steve finishes with it....

I'm sticking with whichever of steve's build i have on my streak, not entirely sure which one (one of the earlier ones) but whichever one it is i got lucky and somehow managed to get it to work B) the thought of my ad hoc attempting of all this again for yet another buggy 'official' build does not entertain me in the slightest bit, keep up the good work steve and anybody helping! i'd rather wait a little longer for your versions, not even slightly tempted to try this one.

I have an ATT locked streak that was on 1.6, with a 31 baseband. I followed some other instructions to go from ATT 1.6 to O2 1.6, and then O2 2.1. I was able to use steve's instructions from this post after getting to O2's 2.1.

I don't think the instructions in this forum will work from any phone running 1.6. I think the partition layout is different from 1.6 to 2.1 and above, and that is why you need to get to 2.1 or higher before using these instructions.

Guest vinokirk
Does anyone know how to get the lcd_density to 160?

Thanks.

Modify the build.prop.

This is how I do it:

1. I get a text editor from Market, I use Amoeba.

2. I open Amoeba and browse to /system/ and open build.prop

3. I scroll down to where I see lcd_density=160

4. I change 160 to 140 and save

5. I then restart my Streak

B) I hope that helps. This is the way I do it, and I'm just sharing with folks the way I do it. I am not affiliated with Amoeba in anyway and there are plenty of other text editors out there.

(The way I told you like this is because I have been accused before of being affiliated with another app. Its a bit sad that I have to do it this way but I guess its just the world we live in now-a-days!)

Uhmmm...ok....maybe I should have been more clearer....and obviously, no one yet has tried it...!?!

I know how and where to change the settings...

after a reboot, the settings don't take!

...even though the build.prop says 160...it boots 140....

Any ideas why!?! the official rom is different????

different command line...???

Guest adzman808
Uhmmm...ok....maybe I should have been more clearer....and obviously, no one yet has tried it...!?!

I know how and where to change the settings...

after a reboot, the settings don't take!

...even though the build.prop says 160...it boots 140....

Any ideas why!?! the official rom is different????

different command line...???

so after reboot the build.prop still says 160 but the display is 140?

or

after reboot build.prop has reverted to 140?

if first one then i GUESS lcd densisty is being apllied else where (@ fards / steve ???????)

if second you're not saving build.prop - are you opening it as RW?

Guest chinkostu
nice, but what with camera settings?

can you change resolution, quality etc?

if yes please tell me how

on camera screen, hold the settings icon down (top white one). the box scrolls down B)

Guest hdbueller
yep building sources as i type B) lets see what this does

I am as confused as a baby in a topless bar......I am on the O2 2.1.1 update with the 21-us bb rooted with UA. Can I just flash this as a regular update, or do I need to do the baseband sh.. I mean stuff? LOL

Thanks..... :)

Guest wolfdtx

hi. I've been having serious issues with my streak crashing randomly and sometimes crash-looping (usually when mobile data or wifi is turned on)

I've updated to stock 2.2 on a beta unit.

i had previously flashed from

beta 1.6 --> UK o2 2.1 --> beta 2.2

(flashed the zip contents as described here and on streak smart streak smart )

i am now on 00-baseband build 11548

is there anything i can do to maintenance the streak? any cache i can clear? I've gone through 2 factory resets since upgrading to froyo. it's driving me nuts and i'm thinking of ditching the device though i love it so.

please let me know if there is any way to improve stability on the device. it is rooted using using universal androot. i don't run task killers and am using the stage launcher.

thanks for any help available!