HOW TO : Converting MP3`s to WAV`s

Guest Deemon

• 1 month later...
Guest andysurferdude

HOW TO PLAY A NONE MIDI FILE AS A RINGTONE

Ok, ive read this thread from top to toe and followed various instructions to the letter.

I've coverted an mp3 song to WAV and to WMA and to MIDI.......... I have the option to play any of them in any of these formats but only one format offers it as a ringtone. And thats MIDI, (right back where i started from) All i want to do is set a particular tune as a ringtone in WMA/WAV format.

Please tell me this is possible, am i just being thick?

Andy.

Guest andysurferdude

ah haaaa, think ive just sussed it..!

ive moved the WAV file to StorageApplication DataSounds. and now its there for me to set as a ringtone.... ^_^ :D

hope this is it ! :shock:

Guest Disco Stu

You don't need the whole song though.

Use Windows Sound Recorder (in Programs, Accessories, Entertainment on your PC) to chop out your favourite 30 seconds, because that's all you usually get before the ansaphone cuts in.

You should be down to around 1.5Mb by now.

You don't need the whole song though.

Use Windows Sound Recorder (in Programs, Accessories, Entertainment on your PC) to chop out your favourite 30 seconds, because that's all you usually get before the ansaphone cuts in.

You should be down to around 1.5Mb by now.

I use the sound recorder already...but the effect come out not good....

What do you mean, Blur ?

Is the file size still too big ?

The size is smaller now...but the sound effect not good like the background sound sa ..sa ..u know what i mean ?

Guest Disco Stu
The size is smaller now...but the sound effect not good like the background sound sa ..sa ..u know what i mean ?

I don't understand :?

Could you zip the file and upload it here ?

Click on 'Add an Attachment' below :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Max Bhai

Hi All :lol:

I have big difficulties with MAP3sa on my phone.

I have had the SPVe200 for about 2 months now & i have still not been able to figure out how play MP3 on my phone. I have a few MP3 on my pc but how to transfer them on to the phone & play them i don't know.

I want to have mp3 on my memory card & play them on the phone

Also i have downloaded the Winamp v1.50 on my pc & trf it on to my phone memory card but i couldn't install it.

I have fireplayer & Windows media player installed. I don't know how to install win amp.

Anyone can please help.!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest mike_freegan

Ok guys, I'm n00b (I only owned a Microsoft smartphone 1 day) and I haven't read all this thread, but I am the master at getting things to work on awkward cellphones!

To convert to wav files download flex.

Its free and allows you to select the in/out times of the music which can save space and cut down the size of your wav files.

I would also advise lowering the quality and frequency and bitrate a bit too using fleximusic. Then increase volume to 150% using fleximusic to account for the low quality.

Fleximusic is quite easy to use but I haven't used it in a while so I can't give exact instructions. If you follow my instructions you should end up with a reasonable quality but low size and very loud ringtone!

For those of us fortunate enough to own an SPV c500 there is a much better way however without having to install 3rd party apps and results in higher quality!

Simply open WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER (start > programs > accessories > entertainment) that comes free with Windows. Drag ANY sound you want into anywhere in the window. The music wil then be part of your library. Next simply drag the thumbnail image of the song you just imported into the story board at the bottom.

Then File > Save movie as

and it should just save it as a WMA which the C500 can play as a ringtone if put into the SOUNDS folder on the handset.

Sorry if that was too vague or too basic for this forum but hope it helps someone.

-Mike

Guest Nexi730

HELLO TO ALL. I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM. I HAVE SOME QUESTION. I AM USING DBPOWERAMP TO CONVERT MY SONGS TO WAVE. I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT. I ALSO USE MYJAL TO CONVERT THEM OVER TO MY PHONE. THATS NOT A PROBLEM EITHER. HOWEVER, I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS...I AM USING SOUND RECORDER TO MAKE MY FILES SMALLER BUT THAT ALWAYS COME OUT STATICKY AND HORRIBLE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW I COULD CUT DOWN BY WAVE FILE, MY SONG FOR THE RINGTONE INTO A SMALLER FILE TO PUT ON MY PHONE. I HAVE TRIED STEINBERG WAVELAB HOWEVER THAT WILL NOT LET YOU SAVE SONGS ON THE DEMO, ALSO ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME SO I CAN EASILY CUT DOWN MY FILES TO MAKE THEM SMALLER ON MY PHONE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW PROGRAMS AND HOW TO DO IT. I NEED HELP BADLY. I APPRECIATE IT A LOT. PLEASE REPLY BACK. THANK YOU.

Edited by Nexi730

Guest Disco Stu

Firstly please take the caps lock off before posting.

Secondly don't ask for commercial software to be sent to you or ask for links to illegal copies of it. Please read the forum rules before posting again.

Thirdly the best tutorial for amking Smartphone ringtones is in the Articles section.

Guest Jendell

Hi guys,

Thanks for reading my post.

Sorry about posting this here - but it wouldn't let me post my question as a new topic!

I have an Orange SPV C500 and have taken lots of movies with the VIDEO RECORDER. I've copied these to my pc, but it doesn't recognise the file. I've tried DIVX too, and that won't work. The error message I get says it doesn't recognise the file extension. In DIVX the error says:

Invalid MPEG-4 file doesn't have an iods atom.

Any ideas?

I really hope someone can help!!

Thanks!!!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

sure this must be on the forum, but I cant find it. What format shoud .wav files be fo ringtones? (bit rate, frequency)

And is there something out there that'll let me chop up my file, don't really need a 5 minute ringtone

Guest Disco Stu

PCM format is a must. The rest can be played around with to adjust file size / quality. Simon Desser's definitive guide is in Articles.

Windows Sound Recorder (in Programs, Accessories, Entertainment) will cjop them up for you very easily, and reformat if necessary.

• 1 month later...

I just thought I would add to this thread.

I use CDex ripper to convert MP3 to WAV, you can download it free from

h**p://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

It has no spyware and is well respected for CD ripping.