201 replies to this topic

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad

The custom kernel has some issues with Multi-Touch and 3D performance. This is due to ZTE releasing not exactly the same code as they used for production.

No, the custom kernel does not have issues with 3D performance, only when overclocked. Btw, I just realized pinch zoom is working for me in the built in browser and I'm running my custom kernel... I'm also running HW UI and I had Opera Mini installed yesterday (but uninstalled it after testing some things). I'm almost 100% sure pinch zoom didn't work with the custom kernel before but now I'm confused...

Blog - App

grmn

grmn

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I actually posted this in the french fries thread but it became deserted soon after, so i'll try again here:

kallt_kaffe, since you seem to know your stuff when it comes to modifying the kernel.. do you think you could fix the issue we are having with most voIP apps (including the current ver. of sipdroid and skype) where the sound only comes out of the speakerphone?

I read somewhere that other devices were having the same problem and that it was fixable in the kernel.

Thanks again for your great work.
grmn

tomqman

tomqman

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Htc One X, Htc Flyer
  • Twitter:@tomqman
thanks for the great rom, do you think you could fix multitouch in email, the stock rom had working

rockglass

rockglass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Wonderful ROM!

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

I actually posted this in the french fries thread but it became deserted soon after, so i'll try again here:

kallt_kaffe, since you seem to know your stuff when it comes to modifying the kernel.. do you think you could fix the issue we are having with most voIP apps (including the current ver. of sipdroid and skype) where the sound only comes out of the speakerphone?

I read somewhere that other devices were having the same problem and that it was fixable in the kernel.

Thanks again for your great work.
grmn

I'll see what I can do...

Blog - App

MaK11-12

MaK11-12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
okay, so if my SD card has an ext2 partition, app2sd will automatically do its stuff.
What about swap? will it automatically partition the swap? or do i need to do it manually in Gparted?
Also, if swap is only in the custom kernel, do i need to install the custom kernel to use app2sd?
Or can app2sd do without a swap?

Edited by MaK11-12, 21 November 2010 - 10:52 AM.

superkryo

superkryo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

okay, so if my SD card has an ext2 partition, app2sd will automatically do its stuff.
What about swap? will it automatically partition the swap? or do i need to do it manually in Gparted?
Also, if swap is only in the custom kernel, do i need to install the custom kernel to use app2sd?
Or can app2sd do without a swap?

Do "adb shell /system/bina2sd check", it will report if swap is used. I believe it's turned on if swap is present.

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Do "adb shell /system/bina2sd check", it will report if swap is used. I believe it's turned on if swap is present.

apps2sd will use swap if it finds a swap partition as partition number 3 automaticly. Just type "free" in terminal and you'll see if it uses swap.
To turn off swap use "a2sd noswap" and to turn it on again "a2sd reswap" (don't forget to switch to root user with "su" first unless you are working through adb)

Blog - App

JingleManSweep

JingleManSweep

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
Just added your new ROM to Android Guide:

http://www.androidgu...-hedgehog-rls1b

linkoo

linkoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Runs great, thx.

mxa055

mxa055

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Great ROM, works great on my 256Ram TFT screen version of the phone (didn't have to install kernel from addons, worked straight away).

Thanks a lot for the release.

ballist1x

ballist1x

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
So how do you add the additions to the Tom? Iwant he acceleration

Afrodude

Afrodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Just install them via ClockWork after you've installed the ROM.

ballist1x

ballist1x

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
thanks, and if i have an angry birds saved game progress how do i back that upive tried to back the app up with ti backup..? but its not gone to thee sd card.

tomqman

tomqman

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
is there anyway to get a black notication bar, or sense theme on this rom

Edited by tomqman, 22 November 2010 - 09:10 AM.

ballist1x

ballist1x

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
right Hedgehog installed...

all good... except: i dont like the key input thing for entering text into websites how can i get this back to normal? with bigger keys and less laggy? is this the HTE stuff cos it seems very input laggy and slow!

agressor12

agressor12

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:pulse
Miért van az ,hogy a Quadrant Standard Edition -ban kevesebb pontot kaptam ezzel a ROM-al ugy ,hogy a HWaccel be van kapcsolva , mint a gyári ROM-al amin nincs?

Why is it that the Quadrant Standard Edition, I've got less points in the ROM, so that the HWaccel is turned on, as the factory that does not ROM?

tomqman

tomqman

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

right Hedgehog installed...

all good... except: i dont like the key input thing for entering text into websites how can i get this back to normal? with bigger keys and less laggy? is this the HTE stuff cos it seems very input laggy and slow!

Tap and hold (long press) on a text box and a menu will pop up saying input method, the choose android
Keyboard

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

There's a problem with AdFree in this ROM if the phone is connected via USB and the sdcard is mounted.

That is not a problem specific to this ROM. If you mounted the sdcard to your computer it will be unavailable to Android and adfree uses the sdcard as a temporary storage when downloading a new hosts file before moving it to /system/etc. It's just how it works.

Blog - App

ballist1x

ballist1x

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Tap and hold (long press) on a text box and a menu will pop up saying input method, the choose android
Keyboard

ah yes + 1 for you my man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users