[ROM] [eclair] Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 [2010-11-26]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Thank you, everything is fine now - i didn't know that there is no standard keyboard inside the ROM. It seems that Launcher2 is required. If i remove it and leave "LauncherPro" inside the rom then i get the same error message as above at the end of the setup wizard. If i do it the other way (remove LauncherPro, include Launcher2) then everything works.

VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk _is_ the standard keyboard.

Guest takysoft

Hi!

I'm new to this forums, just regged because of this.

I'm using RLS2 on my hungarian TMobile blade for 3 days now without any issues. Switched the origian rom mainly because of s2sd. our 256 mb ram is just not enough

formatted my sd card: 5.5gb fat32(primary), 2.5gb ext2(primary), and it works like a charm:)

I just love the whole thing as it is:D

Guest Arr Too

Am I right in thinking you've compiled your own kernel for this? Which bits do you not have actual source code for? The reason I'm asking is that we know that some ROMs don't check whether the phone is network locked and will allow any SIM, whereas others do check and will complain about other SIMs. Clearly then, this is something that is affected by what is flashed, so we may be able to spread it to all ROMs. As the prompt occurs quite quickly after starting up, it would seem likely to be something in the boot.img. Any ideas jump to mind? On the UK Orange San Francisco the prompt is "SIM network unlock PIN" with a text box (for entering the code) and a single "Unlock" button.

Guest Arr Too

Am I right in thinking you've compiled your own kernel for this? Which bits do you not have actual source code for? The reason I'm asking is that we know that some ROMs don't check whether the phone is network locked and will allow any SIM, whereas others do check and will complain about other SIMs. Clearly then, this is something that is affected by what is flashed, so we may be able to spread it to all ROMs. As the prompt occurs quite quickly after starting up, it would seem likely to be something in the boot.img. Any ideas jump to mind? On the UK Orange San Francisco the prompt is "SIM network unlock PIN" with a text box (for entering the code) and a single "Unlock" button.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Yes, I've compiled my own kernel, but I'm pretty sure that this control is made by the ril libs.

Guest Arr Too
I'm pretty sure that this control is made by the ril libs.

In /system/lib/libril-qc-1.so maybe? Hmm... qcril_cm_phonesvc_request_notify_network_lock in the UK ROM is suggestive... so if this is in the right area maybe someone with a locked phone might try swapping in the libril-qc-1.so from the Finnish ROM with that on a UK one? (Plus the dependent libs?) Can we look deeper into these libraries?

Guest kallt_kaffe
In /system/lib/libril-qc-1.so maybe? Hmm... qcril_cm_phonesvc_request_notify_network_lock in the UK ROM is suggestive... so if this is in the right area maybe someone with a locked phone might try swapping in the libril-qc-1.so from the Finnish ROM with that on a UK one? (Plus the dependent libs?) Can we look deeper into these libraries?

I'm starting to suspect this too. I've read at least one post from a UK user that had to unlock to use the Hungarian hedgehog and I think I saw the same thing with someone who tried the Finnish ROM. I believe all RILs does check if it's locked (except maybe the chinese froyo ROMs) but it seems the which network the lock belongs too is hardcoded in the one of the RIL files. There's also a .jar file in /system/framework that seems to connected to the ril so it's propably in one of the libs or in the jar file.

However, unlocking is free, so is it worth the trouble?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Could you fix the touch screen pressure problem? :P

I used Development Tool from Android sdk and test, it always report Prs 100 ;)

Yes, I've noticed and it's the same in the original kernel in the new roms, however, I'm going to post an experimental kernel (or two) in the finnish fillyjonk thread soon that should fix this.

Guest Libroid

Can someone please help.

I like this ROM, however I have problems mounting ext2 to sd. I'm using Linux Mint and application GParted to create 6.5 GB fat32 and 1.5 GB ext2. I followed instructions and created 2 partitions - fat32 and ext2. Then I put SD card into the phone and it does recognize it. Trying to install applications (for instance barcode scanner), but looks it does not go automatically to ext2 partition and installs just as a usual to phone memory.

When I try "a2sd check" in terminal, it says "ext partition found, but not mounted"

Also tried "a2sd reinstall", it says "SD Card not mounted".

Please advise what am I doing wrong?

Guest gambieter
Can someone please help.

I like this ROM, however I have problems mounting ext2 to sd. I'm using Linux Mint and application GParted to create 6.5 GB fat32 and 1.5 GB ext2.

Can't remember where I read it, but I think the advice was to keep the EXT2 partition <1 GB. I use 512 MB and it works fine.

Just thought i'd pop a quick "well done" in, as I think i've tried every ROM available eclair or froyo on my blade over the last few weeks, and this is by far the smoothest and most complete rom for everyday use i've tried. Always go back to it after trying summat else. Good Job. ;)

Guest oh!dougal
I have a question. I both the new SanFrancisco. This ROM is working currently on SF? (AMOLED)

It works splendidly on BOTH screen types, OLED and LCD.

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest Salsaholic

Hello Gang,

first of all a big "Thanks" to kallt_kaffe and all the contributors for this nice ROM. It works like a charm on my and my wife's Blades :)

There is only one thing that annoys me, and it's most likely not a ROM issue - but who knows?

K9mail keeps force-closing over and over. At least every second time I start it or bring it to the front, it crashes. I have tried the market version 3.207, the last featured one (3.313) and the latest 3.390. Always the same.

Is there a chance it is related to the hedgehog's quills? :)

Anyone running K9 successfully on the hedgehog - or same issues?

Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Guest IVIetaCreatoR

Any tips on uninstalling Launcher Pro that came with this ROM?

Market doesn't see it installed, neither does settings--> applications or ASTRO manager.

Android System Information sees it but uninstall fails...

Guest gambieter
Any tips on uninstalling Launcher Pro that came with this ROM?

Market doesn't see it installed, neither does settings--> applications or ASTRO manager.

Android System Information sees it but uninstall fails...

It's been installed on the /system partition, so not easy (not possible?) to remove.

Guest gavinlew

Any ideas on how to change the network operator name? currently my SanFran is showing "Hutchinson 3G UK Ltd" yet I want this to reflect the MVMO's name I use?

I've tried flashing eri.xml to /data and also modifying the framework, but cannot find anything that would pull the network operator data

Edited by gavinlew

Guest abbas_sheikh
Can't remember where I read it, but I think the advice was to keep the EXT2 partition <1 GB. I use 512 MB and it works fine.

I wanted to see the limit, I am using this ROM and I have 1.5 GB EXT3 partition for A2SD and works perfectly (OLED device).

Guest abbas_sheikh
thanks so much for the rom, works very good for me. ( I have tft screen )

also does this automatically download apps to my memory card?

Not automatically. Go through this thread, and some of earlier posts discuss how to use memory card for apps.

Edited by abbas_sheikh

I could not read the contacts from the sim with this card.

Also got a shutdown during the night and wifi seems to be less than with FF 5 (or maybe I should have used the wifi fix).

Anyway for now I move back to FF 5

Guest dabrain230

Hi,

i am trying to install a korean keyboard (Hanwool2 Korean IME), but i cannot activate it. I cannot even switch to the stock android keyboard? What to do??

Thanks for any help!