How To Install Official Dell 2.2 Upgrade.pkg

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Nebhet

Nebhet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Everything works well, now i'm on FroYo. Really new Streak...
Special thanks to NexusX for help with black screen problem!

Edited by Nebhet, 24 November 2010 - 08:10 AM.

Loconinja

Loconinja

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Author of Mobile Signal Widget.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2, Omnia 7
  • Twitter:@alexroebuck
Could someone explain to me the purpose of steps 10 and 11? Thanks.

svetlinsem

svetlinsem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:G1
Not working for me. Every time mismatch.

Krutsch

Krutsch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Worked great and without any problems. Streak @ Froyo build 11548 now.
Only one problem after installation: 3g/Data connection needs to be turned on and off in the settings -> wireless -> data connection menu every time, because no toggle widgets work reliable. After turning 3g off and on again with a widget (tried all I could find) it just behave strange... turning on for a second and doesn't react to toggle commands...
Did a reset twice...

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

toyfreak

toyfreak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak, iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@cbhausen

Is there a way to go back from official 2.2 to original 1.6? atleast i could get my streak working B)

Follow middle part of post #4 here:

http://android.modac...ing-the-streak/

Might need to downgrade to 2.1 first...

Edited by toyfreak, 24 November 2010 - 10:31 PM.

1800yolk

1800yolk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak

It would be great if 30$ stuff works. I am interested too, once it works for you please do share the experience. Unlock would be a permenant resolution from rebel SIM B)

Regards,
Ramu.

I gifted him $30, and he did it! and it works! It is a permanent unlock. If you're not comfortable gifting through paypal, he'll do it through ebay as well, though for slightly more. Also, can say that the 00 baseband works with tmobile in the US with it unlocked.

His email: [email protected]
His website: http://blowfishunlocks.com/index.php

Edited by 1800yolk, 25 November 2010 - 01:45 AM.

ajg23

ajg23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ppc 6700

This guide will assume you're running O2 1.6 (build 4399). If you're not, then go to my other guide here...

Bless you, sir.

I just got my Streak tonight, and, after some hours, was able to do this with your (and others') instructions.

You are my hero!

Best,
Aaron in Seattle

ajg23

ajg23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ppc 6700

I just got my Streak tonight, and, after some hours, was able to do this with your (and others') instructions.

...however, I'm having the problems many others are having such as being unable to get to many web sites (eg, get "this page contains too many server redirects" error on modaco.com!)...

Anyone have a fix?

rich2000

rich2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

This guide will assume you're running O2 1.6 (build 4399). If you're not, then go to my other guide here and follow it to either go from AT&T 1.6 (build 6601) to O2 1.6 (build 4399), or to downgrade from DJ_Steve's ROM or from O2 2.1 (build 8105) to O2 1.6 (build 4399).

To get the Dell Official upgrade.pkg to install you must be running the 00 Baseband.

• Download this zip file which contains a recovery for downgrading here.
  • Move the recovery.img file to wherever your fastboot.exe is.
  • Put your Streak into fastboot mode.
  • Open up command line type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img
  • Once it says it's done writing type: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot in command line.
  • Root your Streak using Universal Androot found here (you will ptobably have to click "Go Root" twice to get it to work).
  • Now download RootExplorer from the Market.
  • Download Official 1.6 (6267 Build) from here.
  • Rename the file to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
  • Dowload this file and put it on the root of your SD Card.
  • Download this file and unzip it to your SD Card.
  • In RootExplorer click the Mount r/w button at the top. Then copy the files you unzipped to the same place on the Streak (etc to /etc, system to /system).
  • Now download a Terminal Emulator app and type: su
  • This will give you superuser abilities and then type: flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
  • Reboot your Streak and let it boot back into Android.
  • Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  • It will take a while to install and boot.
  • Download the newest build of the "Official Dell 2.2" from here.
  • Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  • Again, it will take a while to install and reboot, but when it does you should be running Dell's 2.2 (11548 Build) with the 00 Baseband.
Original source for downgrading to 00 BB: here

rich2000

rich2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can someone explain step 12 more clearly. Not exactly sure how to execute it.

Wee Thomas

Wee Thomas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

...however, I'm having the problems many others are having such as being unable to get to many web sites (eg, get "this page contains too many server redirects" error on modaco.com!)...

Anyone have a fix?

I'm guessing you are referring to the issue with the stock browser on 2.2. AFAIK, there is no fix right now. That said, I'm on Stephen's 1.4.6 build without that problem.

Edited by Wee Thomas, 27 November 2010 - 01:52 AM.

davesanchez

davesanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:dell streak 2.1 6941
Followed instructions just get black screen when i select update.pkg sdcard maybe getting stuck moving files when i copy and paste it says files already exist overwrite select yes but still do not paste over anyone got a solution would be appreciated

davesanchez

davesanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:dell streak 2.1 6941

To those who share my issue, here's how you resolve it:

I was stuck at the Dell logo with no way of using the recovery image for hours... couldn't boot the phone and couldn't boot the recovery image b/c it just went to a black screen using the one provided in this thread or I'd get a FOTA error if I used any other (given they too didn't lead to a black screen). Thanks to the help of Meralias on IRC, I found the actual recovery image for 6267 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6). This should allow you to install the 6267 update.pkg and be on your way toward froyo!

In other words, if you can't get past step 16, try flashing THIS recovery image!

Do you flash this via fastboot mode could you tell me please thanks

radddogg

radddogg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

I was stuck at the Dell logo with no way of using the recovery image for hours... couldn't boot the phone and couldn't boot the recovery image b/c it just went to a black screen using the one provided in this thread or I'd get a FOTA error if I used any other (given they too didn't lead to a black screen). Thanks to the help of Meralias on IRC, I found the actual recovery image for 6267 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6). This should allow you to install the 6267 update.pkg and be on your way toward froyo!

In other words, if you can't get past step 16, try flashing THIS recovery image!

Thanks for this pal, it worked for me. I was pulling my hair out!

dasddh

dasddh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Awesome, thanks dude.

sdelliott

sdelliott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I followed this thread with the only problem was copy the two folders to the android directory. Needless to say now I have either a permanent Dell logo, or a blank screen. I have attempted fast booting other img files but to no avail. I started out going from att 1.6 to o2 2.1 and I was trying to get to the 2.2 that I had downloaded from Dell, or back to att 1.6 so I could get the 2.2 that way. I had changed names of pkg files to update and such. So right now I have nothing. Any suggestions. This is so frustrating. I want to either go back or finish whatever is easiest.

Thanks

csnave

csnave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i dunno what happened but i got my dell locked from at&t, got an at&t sim on it still but i'm running on O2 froyo and everything is working fine. is this ok?

JackOutside

JackOutside

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi and thanks for an informative post!

Quick question - I have a US Streak which I want to upgrade to 2.2 - I followed the guide "Guide to Upgrading and Downgrading the Streak", bringing my Streak from US 1.6 to O2 1.6 build 4399.

As soon as finished I got notified that there was an update available - that update is for the O2 2.2 version.

If I do that update, what are the implications? Will I lose functionality that I wouldn't get on the official Dell 2.2 build? Will my phone be wonky because I'm in the US and the build is for the UK?

Please, any and all information would be helpful - I searched thru this thread and didn't see anything

Thanks in advance

chenxi1203

chenxi1203

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This guide will assume you're running O2 1.6 (build 4399). If you're not, then go to my other guide here and follow it to either go from AT&T 1.6 (build 6601) to O2 1.6 (build 4399), or to downgrade from DJ_Steve's ROM or from O2 2.1 (build 8105) to O2 1.6 (build 4399).

To get the Dell Official upgrade.pkg to install you must be running the 00 Baseband.

• Download this zip file which contains a recovery for downgrading here.
  • Move the recovery.img file to wherever your fastboot.exe is.
  • Put your Streak into fastboot mode.
  • Open up command line type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img
  • Once it says it's done writing type: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot in command line.
  • Root your Streak using Universal Androot found here (you will ptobably have to click "Go Root" twice to get it to work).
  • Now download RootExplorer from the Market.
  • Download Official 1.6 (6267 Build) from here.
  • Dowload this file and put it on the root of your SD Card.
  • Download this file and unzip it to your SD Card.
  • In RootExplorer click the Mount r/w button at the top. Then copy the files you unzipped to the same place on the Streak (etc to /etc, system to /system).
  • Now download a Terminal Emulator app and type: su
  • This will give you superuser abilities and then type: flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
  • Reboot your Streak and let it boot back into Android.
  • It will take a while to install and boot.
  • Download the newest build of the "Official Dell 2.2" from here.
  • Again, it will take a while to install and reboot, but when it does you should be running Dell's 2.2 (11548 Build) with the 00 Baseband.
Original source for downgrading to 00 BB: here

i am done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!be happy!!thank you

El_Diablo666

El_Diablo666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi All,
I just received my Dell Streak from overseas as a gift, not sure which region its from. Startup shows the O2 Logo.

It currently has
Firmware: 2.1
Baseband: GAUSB1A120321-EU
Kernel: 2.6.29-perf
OEM Version: GAUSB1A120321
Build: 6941
If I complete these 21 steps, will I be able to upgrade to Froyo 2.2 and does anyone know if this will work with South African service providers. I currently have a Virgin Mobile sim working fine.

Thanks in advance.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users