Guest moneytoo

This website bug is crazy as hell. B)

modaco.com (frontpage) - "too many server redirects""

xda-developers.com (frontpage) - "too many server redirects"

msn.com - not working

idnes.cz - not working

lupa.cz / root.cz etc - no css, no images

Guest dancemb

Sounds like this official 2.2 is not as good as we all was hoping it would be with Dell appearing to work so hard with it, but looks like there is, yet again, quite a few bugs to contend with!

I was so hoping this would be a stable upgrade. I wont be getting my Streak for around 3 weeks time, so I hope this all gets ironed out by the time I get to this version, as I really need the flash player to visit the websites I would be going onto.

Will there be any patches to fix these issues?

Guest LorD CLockaN
Is anyone else unable to authorise facebook widgets under official 2.2? LauncherPro and a couple of others fail to connect..

You must update LauncherPro to the latest version. I've read on author's webpage that the facebook authorisation is fixed in the last update

Hope this helps

This message pops up when I play a song and then pause it.

"Sorry, the players does not support this type of audio file."

All my songs are .mp3 and it does it with all of them. It'll play the song normally until I pause it though, which is quite odd and annoying.

Guest gavelis
You must update LauncherPro to the latest version. I've read on author's webpage that the facebook authorisation is fixed in the last update

Hope this helps

Unfortunately not. I also use Launcher Pro Plus (0.8.1.1) Facebook widget, but it isn´t able to connect for authentication. Twitter worked.

I also have the "too many server-redirects" issue in stock browser and Dolphin HD. Maybe this might be the reason also for the LP+ FB-widget.

720P recording works btw.

msn.com - not working

idnes.cz - not working

Also include any https for me including mail.google.com

After the snide comments I had back that they had more than enough (and capable ) beta testers, then I think they really need a kick up the backside..

What I have noticed is that urls appear to have the http port :80 appended to them... So any https is unlikely to work very well, I presume this is the core of the issue..

Its trying to force port 80 and some severs don't run through that?

Haven't looked at the dell webkit code yet

Guest prawnballs

Hope this helps

Thanks for the suggestion, but already on the latest version. What annoys me its that when i first upgraded it was still authorised from under official 2.1, I did a factory reset to try and fix the server redirect issue and now can't authorise. Twitter auth works though. Shame really as they are the two bugs I'm suffering from.

K, 720p is corrected by updating using the Update.pkg, but I'd like to add that Dell Video Stage seems to suck. It's choppy, the audio is incoherent, and the app even force closes every once in a while.

Guest Pceasar
The only problem I find personally is that the camcorder FCs when you try to record in 720p via custom format.

I did get the FC on the market too though, but it only happened once.

Otherwise I find it quite acceptable. Steve's froyo lagged a bit when someone called or on screen wake, but this is slick all the time. Orientation change is a bit snappier too personally.

Battery is on par with steve's, 50% after 10 hours. Have not tried stage UI, working fine with launcherpro.

How are you achieving 50% after 10 hours? I hear things like this from time to time, and I have to wonder, how much do you use your phone (playing music,web browsing)? do you have any service apps such as whatsapp / pingchat / kik, is your brightness low or set to auto? is your auto sync for gmail and contact etc on? do you use any email engines such as K9? and lastly, do you have any live wallies?

I have to assume you keep both wifi and bluetooth off when not using them and you have not over or underclocked your processor.

Please let us know, I tend to get 13 hours total on a good day, don't really see how someone gets double what I get.

Guest Pceasar

As for the actual issues experienced, just web redirects and FC on custom camera recording. Miss the old black notification bar from Eclair, not sure why they trashed it, I think this device is Dell's experiment similar to how Android started out for Google. If it gets successful they'll apply themselves to it eventually.

Dell if you're listening, I had no problem with the old tool bar with all that quickly accessible stuff that I didnt have to install a new program to manage such as battery % viewer or now more clicks to access options I used to have with one quick click in the tool bar.

EDIT: the redirects are as fards hypothesized, only on wifi. On streak right now no wifi modaco

Edited by Pceasar

Guest adzman808

having spent an afternoon playing with the "official" 2.2 (& by "" i mean the one that was teased from the pkg & is installed via fastboot)

i can say that in my opinion i have never been more disapointed in a OS

the web redirect msgs are a complete ****

it actually rubs salt into the wound that my 3g data connection can take me to sites that my wifi can't (like here)

the whole thing is very slow (but fairly stable to be fair)

i really don't want to run dell sync every f-ing time i connect usb

stage UI is hideous & not at all practicle

if i had to say one nice thing - the swype version is quite cool in black

i'm not gonna bjtch about 720p not working (except to say, um buy a camcorder man - i like having a cam on my phone but to take pix use a camera no?) cos i knew it wouldn't not going from official 1.6/2.1 to 2.2 & they've got front cam working for stills

the whole thing was total shjte until i did Fards tweaks (cheers mate)

i downloaded the lcd changer from market (i'm an old man i need 190 B)) but every f-ing time you restart the phone it goes back to 160

what a waste of my sunday

back on dj 1.1.1 - still my fav rom - ok not over clocked & no front cam, but ringtone, notifications are all good & they're pretty important IMO....

ta !!

Edited by adzman808

Guest adzman808
How are you achieving 50% after 10 hours? I hear things like this from time to time, and I have to wonder, how much do you use your phone (playing music,web browsing)? do you have any service apps such as whatsapp / pingchat / kik, is your brightness low or set to auto? is your auto sync for gmail and contact etc on? do you use any email engines such as K9? and lastly, do you have any live wallies?

I have to assume you keep both wifi and bluetooth off when not using them and you have not over or underclocked your processor.

Please let us know, I tend to get 13 hours total on a good day, don't really see how someone gets double what I get.

my streak on steve 1.1.1 will do up to 30 hrs standby including 6 hrs wifi, 30mins call, 2 hrs music, 20mins browsing

when i play raging thunder (badly) the battery goes down like a rev counter in reverse!!

do u have stuff all the time?

Edited by adzman808

Guest Jason Burns

I don't know whats different with mine, but I still have the server redirect problem with wifi disabled.

I've tried stock browser and dolphin hd with and without user agent set to desktop. I've also cleared the cache and history.

Guest adzman808

i tried clearing the cache, no joy

in the end i got really f f f frustrated n went back to steve's build

imho no build is perfect (well artemis hd2 comes close, but another phone another forum) but my 2 cents you gotta be realistic

eg tethering not working = "meh" / internet not working = show stopper

Guest Pceasar
my streak on steve 1.1.1 will do up to 30 hrs standby including 6 hrs wifi, 30mins call, 2 hrs music, 20mins browsing

when i play raging thunder (badly) the battery goes down like a rev counter in reverse!!

do u have stuff all the time?

Well I have things like whatsapp and pingchat probably running in the background I have the screen on quite a bit reading articles etc dont use my comp much anymore, I think that's a major killer of mine. No wifi or Bluetooth or wifi on when not using um. Brightness all the way down and no live wallpaper, turned off all syncing just a k9 refreshing every hour and on occasion I rock out to a few tunes using poweramp. Oh widgetlocker runs a bit but I doubt that burns any battery.

msn.com - not working

idnes.cz - not working

From internal message:

There will be a new version to fix these bugs.

And you are using pre-release version which is for beta users only. :)

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Guest MrMediaGuy

Anyone else having Market issues with protected apps (Slingplayer for example)? I can't seem to see these in the Market and suspect it's because the device fingerprint in build.prop is incorrect or not recognized by Google. A simple fix (root the device, edit build.prop, reboot), but I wondered if others were seeing this too. Was a problem in the Froyo beta, too, so I was hoping it would be fixed.

Guest Wonsanim

This is what happens to me after flash froyo Yesterday to my Streak today I try to use ddms from My Android sdk and can't My ddms don't read or recognize my Streak B) some ideas :)

Guest zAm1987

I've got just one problem with the official Froyo and that is the annoying server redirect message.

720p, front camera, apns, market, gyro, tethering howerer are all working without problems.

Only things I had to do, was disabling the ugly Stage UI, set debug.hw.sf (or whatever it is named) to 1 and a factory reset right after the update B)

EDIT: Ah forgot something. The german translation is missing in some parts so i have a funny mixture of German and English text ^^

Edited by zAm1987

Is anyone able to get either Tango or Fring to work with the front facing cam?

They both default to the rear cam for me and I see no way to swap it.

Any idea if this is also apparent in Stevens 1.4.1 aswell?

Also, watching a trailer in Dells Stage Video app seems to stop the orientation sensor from working forcing reboot to et it going again.

I tried the auto-rotate off/on trick, but it didn't work.

The video was all a jumbled green screen for me aswell. You would think dell would've done a bit of a better job testing their official rom update........

Is anyone able to get either Tango or Fring to work with the front facing cam?

They both default to the rear cam for me and I see no way to swap it.

Any idea if this is also apparent in Stevens 1.4.1 aswell?

Also, watching a trailer in Dells Stage Video app seems to stop the orientation sensor from working forcing reboot to et it going again.

I tried the auto-rotate off/on trick, but it didn't work.

The video was all a jumbled green screen for me aswell. You would think dell would've done a bit of a better job testing their official rom update........

We've been trying to get them to put a team of community beta testers together, people who know what their doing, but the idea was sneered at... Things like this would have been picked up..ah well they'll learn eventually