broad question for everyone

Guest snapz54

Guest snapz54

I'm about to split off my family plan and be free and clear of anything phone related...

If you were entering the US cell phone market and could pick any phone and any carrier to start fresh, who would it be and why?

Guest tedkord
I'm about to split off my family plan and be free and clear of anything phone related...

If you were entering the US cell phone market and could pick any phone and any carrier to start fresh, who would it be and why?

That really depends on where you are and what you want to do with your phone. In general, Verizon has the most coverage, but are more expensive. They're a better bet (usually) for travel throughout the US. If you're in a major city and don't plan to travel, Sprint has some really compelling plans.

But each area has different carrier strength. My dad has T-mobile, which is generally considered the weakest of the carriers (coveragewise), but in oue area he can make a call inside his house, I drop them on Verizon in this area (we live about 6 miles apart).

You really need to check with everyone you know - who do they use, how satisfied are they, do they drop calls, etc...

Verizon is my only option here the others are lucky to have roaming coverage, well there's a few regional carriers but their plans and phone deals suck.

But if that wasn't the case I've heard some rumors about altell and getting grandfathered in with better deals from att when the buyout is complete...but that was just rumors.

It's been Verizon for me for the last 3 years. Used to be with Sprint but VZ's coverage is better for me. Also I am granfathered in for unlimited data at $29.00 a month for my MiFi. I've seen good deals on service lately with Metro PCS here in So Cal. Their 4G service starts as $55/mo with unlimited everything. I believe they use Verizon's cell towers too. The only thing I don't care for are their phones. But, I do know of people who have flashed their Verizon phone to Metro to use their service.

Verizon and if you couldn't tell LOL.

Some really great phones coming out soon WM & Android tough choice .

Android is now 37% of the Market place IOS (Apple) is 37% WM only 5% may Change a bit with WP7.

B) :)

Guest teege51

Unless you're a Globe-hopping business person that's strapped for cash....you'll get better technology, coverage, and choice from CDMA version phones: Sprint, Verizon, MetroPCS, US Cellular...

Carefully consider:

1.) 4G will be ( is ) the de-facto most valuable technology to have.

2.) 4G coverage is available in all major U.S. cities via Verizon and CDMA carriers sharing verizon cell towers.. AND Verizon projects blanketed 4G coverage by 2012.

However... Few 4G phones are available now (Sprint).... Verizon phones with the LTE 4G chips are due out beginning next year (early).

Beginning next year also, the best phones will have dual-core / ghz+ processors.

....probably worth the wait to not choose quickly, as the obsolesence of current phones are imminent and irreversible.

Unless you're a Globe-hopping business person that's strapped for cash....you'll get better technology, coverage, and choice from CDMA version phones: Sprint, Verizon, MetroPCS, US Cellular...

Carefully consider:

1.) 4G will be ( is ) the de-facto most valuable technology to have.

2.) 4G coverage is available in all major U.S. cities via Verizon and CDMA carriers sharing verizon cell towers.. AND Verizon projects blanketed 4G coverage by 2012.

However... Few 4G phones are available now (Sprint).... Verizon phones with the LTE 4G chips are due out beginning next year (early).

Beginning next year also, the best phones will have dual-core / ghz+ processors.

....probably worth the wait to not choose quickly, as the obsolesence of current phones are imminent and irreversible.

Your points are true except I keep finding myself hanging on for too long waiting for the latest stuff to come out, theres always talk of this and that coming out soon so you keep putting off your purchases waiting and then just as your about to buy theres something new coming out thats going to blow everything previously. Technology is just too quick these days, you need to be a millionaire to keep up!

Guest teege51

Well...

Coverage & 4G availability are primary concerns now.

I don't know what coverage is available there in Australia, but just stated the current factors as they are now in the USA.

WM7 fons premiering early next year are projected to be 4G capable and offer the top hardware.. i'm looking to upgrade then.

Edited by teege51

Well...

Coverage & 4G availability are primary concerns now.

I don't know what coverage is available there in Australia, but just stated the current factors as they are now in the USA.

WM7 fons premiering early next year are projected to be 4G capable and offer the top hardware.. i'm looking to upgrade then.

4G coverage should be out by Feb 2011 in Sydney. Im only waiting for expandable memory for WP7 at the moment other wise I would've got the phone.